Haydn,s holiday blog

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Haydn,s holiday blog

Postby haydn » 27 Sep 2012 09:41

Day 1 travel
Well the day has come. After a 9 month wait were away. Set off from home to car park near
Birmingham airport ar 10:10am arrived at very busy car park at 11am car sorted and quick transfer
To airport. Checked in very quick and smooth at the Monarch check in so far all going very smoth
Flight on time at moment takeoff at 2:00.
haydn

Advertisement

Re: Haydn,s holiday blog

Postby haydn » 28 Sep 2012 13:17

Flight and transfer
Landed at 8:30 ish turkey time sorted transfer had to q at desk for a few mins. Then
On to bus and off. Bus had about 25 people on plus luggage. And may have been the
Most clapped out bus around most of the time didnt seem to go above 40 then when we got
To the mountains we had 90 year old turks passing on push bikes. Arrived at resort at 11:30
By the time we got to our aps it was 12:30 touching 3 hour transfer. Asked reception guy for a few
Beers and had a drink on balcony.
haydn

Postby haydn » 29 Sep 2012 04:34

Friday 28th
Got up about 9 sat on balcony for awhile. Then went down to pool to wait for rep. She arrivede about 1. After our chat with the rep it was of to icr office to book some trips. Decided on bbq bays for sat 29th for wifes birthday and another bbq bays for wednesday. Also got akayaka trip on monday. That done it was of to tansas for some shopping
also got a cooked chicken for tea 9tl .had tea on balcony then got changed and had a wander
Ended up in three 4 bells good time had by all. Was hoping to get to bed early as we got 9am pick up for boat trip. Oh wellh ave to have a sleep on the boat.
Nite nite people
haydn

Postby haydn » 30 Sep 2012 05:50

Saturday 29th (Wife Sues birthday)
Early get up today 7:30 got pick up at 9:00 to take us to our bbq bays boat
Car came about 9:15. Only 8 on the trip. So plenty of sun beds to choose from. Normal trip
Around the bays with lots of stops. Captain stopped at a small boat with some guys fidhing
And got some fish to go with dinner. Dinner consisted of marinated chicken and a smal kebab ( burger)
Type thing with pasta and mixed salad. And some pieces of fish. Lovely. Landed bavk in icmeler about
5pm great day. Taxi dropped us back at spartments then it was siesta time. Last night we were going to eat
Out for sues birthday but we were not hungry cos of the large lunch we had on the boat. So we had a wander.1st
Stop wss "the sad bas***ds" bar. Then down to the front were due had a turkish icecream. From there it was of to the irish bar. We have spent alot of our nights in here. But alas all things must change i suppose. The bar and staff had
Changed and we both said it had lost its atmosphere. So we paid the bill and its off to the faithful 3(4) bells
left there at gone 12 went to supermarket got a few bits and ended up on the balcony with cheese sliced meat tomatoes onion a d crackers.a feast fit gor a queen.
Nite nite all
haydn

Postby haydn » 30 Sep 2012 08:15

You will have to excuse any spelling mistakes as i am doing the blog on my phone and it has a small key pad and i have large fingers so i keep hiting key next to the one i want
haydn

Postby haydn » 01 Oct 2012 04:48

Sunday 30th
Before i start todsts blog i must apologise to the people at havana bar we were supposed to go to a fancyfress there last night but i went for sleep about 6 and sue lay in bed reading by the time i woke it was nearly 10 so not really worth showering again and getting ready as we were leaving a little early as its early up again in the morning for akayaka trip.
Any way not alot to report today had a lazy day by the pool as aposed to a lazy day on the beach or a boat. Had cooked vhicken and salad for tea then basicaly stayed in bed for the rest of the dsy
haydn

Advertisement

Postby haydn » 02 Oct 2012 07:04

Monday.October 1st
Well been waiting for this day for a few months now. The soon to be famous ICR AKAYAKA TRIP
Got picked up by Mustaffa in a noisy old land rover 4x4 st 9:30 thdn it was short rtop around icmeler to pivk up a few more people. Then of to marmaris to meet up with some more. In total 3 jeeps will be doing thd trip. Now its of to Akayaka. Scenery is stunning as we drive up and over the mountains towards gokova
Lovely views over the bay of gokova. From there we head towards Akayaka. First stop is the beutiful cellet cafe for a rink an theolive farm shop next door. These are built at the side of a river created from 400 springs that well up to form the crystal clear waters of the river. After a drink and brousing the olive oil shop its off to akayaka and onto one of the small boats for a trip down the river. The fish are huge andthe watrr is so clear you want to scoop a hand full and drink it.but dont cos its full of minerals. After the boat trip it off for lunch at a restaurant in the small town. There a various things to choose from on the menu and if theres nothing you like they will make you an omlette.. After lunch we had about 1 hour of free time to wonder. Then alas it was time to start our journey back to icmeler. We stopped at a little. Well lets just leave it at that its a suprise. We arrived back about 5 just intime for a fantastic thundrr storm. This lasted an hour or two with a fair bit of rain. In the evening we had a wander to deja vu for one then went for a wander around the old village ending up at the 3(4) bells had a couple thetr and met JT from ICR had a nattrr for 10 mins then of back to aps for some kip
haydn

Postby haydn » 03 Oct 2012 06:18

Tueddsy Octoner 2nd
Not much to report for today. Got up about 10 sat on balcony reading for awhile then set off for another lazy day this time on the beach Stopped at Chalies place for breakfast and a drink. Went to the beach in front deniz kapisi we normally go to this beach as sunbeds are free if you have a drink. Came of beach about 5 steady walk back to aps. Starting to get cloudy again. Sit on balcony with salad bread and cooked chicken. Got a phone call from icr to say that the captain of the boat were supposed to be going on tommorrow came in to say ther is bad weather is on the way and the ttip is canceled. So there is no need to get up early. Re booked for thurs if weathr gets better. So its shower and change and off out for a drink. Have a wander and stop of at diva bar only have one. Then its of to Magic garden love this place so quiet and peacfull. Then its back to three(4) bells. They have football on not one match not even two matches but three different games on stsy thete till 12.30 then its off to aps for some kip
haydn

Postby haydn » 04 Oct 2012 14:01

Wednesday October 3rd
Sorry this is late but we had to be up early for boat ttip pick up but we wernt we got ip s little late
Amyway it was just a lazy pool day yedtetday as ee planned a visit to marmaris to see the fountains. Got ready early and left apt about 7pm got dolmus to marmaris had a wander toake sure we knew were the fountains were then strolled along the harbour were we were acosted by the tour operators and the restaurant guys. But a polite no thank and that was fine. Stopped for a beer at a little turkish bar with smoking pipes outside on the tsble. Very nice relaxing sitting people watching.8:40 it was of to watch the fountains. We were expecting 5 or 10ins of music and dancing fountains. Bearing inind
i was videoing on my phone and sue was videoing on the camera it lasted a good 30 mins and was truly breathtaking. I have videos to upload to youtube when we get home. Which will no doubt do mo justice what so ever to this amazing spectacle. If you only stray once to marmaris whole your on holiday let ot be to see the founttains. Fountains done we head back to icmeler and stop for a meal at charleys place. Meal was nice but nothing special for the price. Thats all for now
haydn

Postby haydn » 05 Oct 2012 14:01

Thursdsy Oct 4th
Habing to do previous days blog in the early evening as its that hot in the mornimg on the balcony my phone is shuting down to safe mode to stop over heatimg
Got up at about 8 as we gad another bbq bays bost trip booled and it was 9am pick up. Taxi to harbour then onto the boat there were about 20 to 25 oeople on board and we set of but we didnt go straight out we went to the other end of icmeler beavh and pivked up another 15 so it was alot busier than saturday
Nothing muvh to report about the trip taxi was waiting at harbour to take us back to our aps. Got showered and had a walk ouy about 8 walked fown to the front towards dolmus terminus then took a right. Went in pig and whistle fir 1 then up to mirage for another thrn to wonderboys. Not been in there for ages stayed there for the rest og the evening. Some good kareoke singers in so was a nice evenimg both sue and me got dragged ip to dance. Left wonderboys anout 12.30 took a dteady walk home stopped for a kebab at shop on oposite side of road ftom tansas. Wont be going back very bland no taste at all thsts it for today bye for now
haydn

Postby haydn » 06 Oct 2012 14:53

Friday Oct 5th
Well this must be hetting boring now. Yet another lazy stress free day on the beach. We dont leave the beach till after 5 so we stop for a beer and vhange some money. Then we stop at "TASTY SPOT" just near wonder boys and have a lovely kebab. Problt one of the best. We used to eat here regularly when we were staying at the dilhan hotel just behind the kebab shop. We stated in and watched thunderstorm and listened to the rain on the pool. It didnt rain long but we just couldmt be bothered to get dressed yo go out.
haydn

Advertisement

Postby haydn » 06 Oct 2012 14:53

Friday Oct 5th
Well this must be hetting boring now. Yet another lazy stress free day on the beach. We dont leave the beach till after 5 so we stop for a beer and vhange some money. Then we stop at "TASTY SPOT" just near wonder boys and have a lovely kebab. Problt one of the best. We used to eat here regularly when we were staying at the dilhan hotel just behind the kebab shop. We stated in and watched thunderstorm and listened to the rain on the pool. It didnt rain long but we just couldmt be bothered to get dressed yo go out.
haydn

Postby haydn » 07 Oct 2012 06:17

Saturday October 6
Another lazy dsy on the beach. Blimey its really hot todsy after ladt nights thunderstorm. Stay on beah till 4 ish get folmus to tansas and walk back to aps. An hour or so around the pool untill sun goes behind the mountain. Then we get showered have a coffee and out for our last night meal. We choose Sifiks family rest and we were mot dissapointed. Food excellent. Then its off to wonderboys stay there till midnight walk up to 3 bells for 1 and thrn back to aps and bed
haydn

Postby haydn » 07 Oct 2012 12:05

Sunday 7th Oct
Well of home today. So sad to be leaving. Got up for 9am did most of packing. Then of to town get a few presents. Had breakfast at 3 bells thrn while sue went back to aps JT from ICR Travel took me up the mountain towardsTurunc to get dome honey from the roadside sellers will have that for breakfast to remind me of icmeler
waiting for bus to take us to dalaman. And to make it worse the chanting from the mosgue has just started. Transfer and flight info when we get home
haydn

Postby haydn » 08 Oct 2012 00:26

Return transfer and travel.
The pick up time we were given was 16:50 actual pick up time was 17:05 so not to bad. went to an hotel in icmeler to pick some people up but no one was there so after a 10 min wait we left went to a hotel inbetween icmeler and marmaris after waiting another 10 mins the passengers came out and then left again going back into the hotel. from there we went to the far side of marmaris where all the small mini buses met up and we all swaped to a big coach, great no we can get going. well no cos were still missing some people, so more waiting. eventually they turn up and were away. so from just after 5pm we arrive at dalaman at 8pm. the flight is scheduled for 9:10. Nice flight allthough a little bumpy. we land at midnight. passport control was busy as usual but we got through in about 10 mins which gave the cases chance to come through. then it was outside to get bus to pick up the car. first bus was full but we only had to wait about 5 or 10 mins for the next one. then it was off up the m42 and home we walked in the dooat about 2 :20.
hope you have enjoyed the blog there will be a holiday review some time soon and lots of pics

and its a damn site easier writing this blog on a laptop that it was with the rest of then on my flippin phone
haydn

Postby dragon » 08 Oct 2012 11:24

Thanks for taking the time to do your blog. Must say though I loved reading your blog out loud as because you used a small keypad and often hitting the wrong key it added to the humour. It reminded me of the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo and because it was unintentional it was even funnier. Brilliant.
dragon

Advertisement

Postby juju » 08 Oct 2012 11:36

Loved reading it!Thanks for making the effort and roll on next year!
juju

Postby Fanny » 09 Oct 2012 20:37

haydn wrote:...and its a damn site easier writing this blog on a laptop that it was with the rest of then on my flippin phone

bet I know where you'd rather be though Haydn haha
Thanks for taking the time to do the blog - felt like we were right there with you, esp oversleeping for the boat trip :wink:
Fanny

• Advertisement

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers