Teac532s Blog June 2012

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Teac532s Blog June 2012

Postby JT » 18 Jun 2012 12:43

Blog day 1

by teac532s » 11 Jun 2012 03:12 pm

Just a short one as we've just arrived, tc food and drink on flight was expensive as usual but smooth flight and on time. Trip from airport to apartments was good and main travel road looks far better. Went past the old tansas in marmaris and have to say the improvement looks better and water fountains look stunning! First impressions of icmeler itself are that the resort looks stunning as well! Weather is very hot not a cloud in the sky where we are up in the old village. just settling in with a nice cold beer. will post more tomorrow!
teac532s Posts: 194Joined: 22 Sep 2008 08:06 pmLocation: Newtownabbey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 1

by Sami » 11 Jun 2012 03:36 pm

Ah lovely. Enjoy! 4 sleeps for me and I'll be doing the same. Cannot wait.
Sami Posts: 344Joined: 23 Jun 2007 11:06 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by alexkeirmaxmum » 11 Jun 2012 05:16 pm

Sounds lovely, hope that efes is really cold
alexkeirmaxmum Posts: 33Joined: 09 Apr 2012 11:06 am

by markkelly64 » 11 Jun 2012 06:18 pm

will be up in old village on sunday morning roll on need a break
markkelly64 Posts: 9Joined: 19 Apr 2012 04:30 pm

by tommycyb » 11 Jun 2012 09:27 pm

Look forward to your posts, put pics up if you can
tommycyb Posts: 47Joined: 08 May 2011 01:10 pm

by gem2710 » 12 Jun 2012 06:38 am

have a fantastic time

Blog day 2

Moderator: Rami Off Work

Post a reply

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blog day 2

by teac532s » 13 Jun 2012 04:34 am

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I figure it's best to do this every morning so as not to leave anything out. Anyway temps yesterday 38 degrees at lunchtime I old village. Headed I to town at 4.30 and temp in town centre was 48 degrees. The new square is amazing and such an improvement. Called in to ICR office to pick up our discount cards, will use them later.6 of us and we ate at Tintin last night. 2 pepperoni pizza,1 chicken chow mein , 1 bacon egg burger with chips , 1 chicken rice with chips , 1 Hawaii pizza and 8 bottles of water 83 lira. Piña colada was 7lira and large fees 4 lira. Food in Tintin is excellent.
More tomorrow folks as it is now 7.30 in the morning and temps already getting up

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 2

by bobbysgirl » 13 Jun 2012 05:19 am

Thanks for the blog - wow that was very reasonable at TinTin! Well only 1 more blog to read for us as come Friday we will be experiencing our beloved Icmeler - going to start the packing this am. OH has already done his except for the bits and bobs.
bobbysgirl Posts: 135Joined: 10 Mar 2011 10:30 am

by tommycyb » 13 Jun 2012 05:21 am

Thanks for the blog only 9 days till we arrive , sooo looking forward to it ,keep us informed looking for the next blog enjoy you holiday

by icemeler5 » 13 Jun 2012 01:26 pm

Thank you for doing the blogs, very helpful for those of us who are still waiting to go 'home' if its not too much bother could you please let us know what the exchange rate is out there at the moment. Thank again and have a great holiday.
icemeler5 Posts: 13Joined: 14 Apr 2012 08:00 pm

by teac532s » 13 Jun 2012 01:42 pm

Hi icmeler5 supermarket beside Harry's steakhouse was offering 2.82 to the pound yesterday

Blog day 3

by teac532s » 14 Jun 2012 10:25 am

Morning again. Another good day in the lovely icmeler. As the temp was 38 yesterday we spent most of the day by the pool at the apartments as our natural skin colour is Belfast white and we had to apply lots of factor 50. We had a barbecue at the apartments last night for about 20 people, chicken , meatballs , salad , rice , choc pudding all excellent. Ventured in to town last night and went to see the square at night and it is stunning although I have to agree with JT about the exercise bike thing WHY. Niece finally got her hair extensions done at Trendy Hair just facing Masala and she is over the moon with them. Daughter got a half head braid and she loves it. Now while I do not know a lot about hairdressing I can say by watching him work he was very professional and very quick. Prices were 250 lira for the niece and 20 lira for the daughter.my nieces daughter is also with us and she got a small braid for free. Walked down to see the new stalls and have to say that in my opinion while they are neat and tidy there was just no atmosphere at all. It is 3 years since we were last here and we walked by the Majestic and we were recognised immediately by Sinbad and offered a free drink. Amazing how they remember so many people.the night life by the canal is still very lively and the area is all the better for it. Not a lot of hassle to talk about really except the Niece made the mistake of stopping at 2 different trip sellers. They will try anything. Second one offered boat trip for £7 water park for £7 and child free meet the dolphins for £38 free moonlight cruise. Up to that point he was doing quite well then he offered a free bottle of Jack Daniels. I would say the niece was chittering to him for a good 20 mins before I got her free. It was around this stage of the night that some nasty beastie decided to sink its gnashers in to my daughters finger. Finger started to swell so we got back to apartments and the owner gave her some spray with strict instructions that if it got worse through the night no matter what time she was to come get him and he would take her straight to hospital. At this juncture I will say that the Turkish people's generosity is still amazing and one of the reasons we will keep coming back. Happy to say that as I type this at 9.00am daughter is still sleeping so if needs arise I will call to ICR office to see doctor with her but hopefully all will clear up.visited the dogs home yesterday morning and what an amazing job Janet is doing for the dogs. Well done Janet and staff.
Temps yesterday was 38 until about 3 o, clock then 30 for a while and 27 last night in town and very muggy and clammy. Not many prices to report except what we bought in supermarkets. Can of coke 2 lira bottle of water 0.75 bread 0.85 bottle of Istanbul gin 750cl 35.50 lira. Overall impression so far is that a cheap night out with a good meal can still be had. We arrived on Monday at 4.00 in the apartments and I had brought lots of sterling and travellers cheques along with 570 lira. It is nowThursday morning for us and we still have 90 lira left before we touch the sterling and we have eaten out and paid for the barbie and had breakfast and lunch out so far so still cheap enough. We will be booking some trips today and making a dent in the cash but that's what it is all about.
Off for a cup of tea on the balcony so see you all again tomorrow

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 3

by Brownie1 » 14 Jun 2012 10:46 am

Thank you for your update. Hope your daughter's finger gets better soon. I'm sure Dr Murat will look after her. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Brownie1 Posts: 338Joined: 29 Sep 2006 07:08 pmLocation: Oldham

by cj1 » 14 Jun 2012 01:23 pm

Great Blog!!
cj1 Posts: 14Joined: 22 May 2011 05:03 pm

by tommycyb » 14 Jun 2012 01:42 pm

Thanks again for the blog hope your daughters alright , you will just have to spoil her even more

by the effes wilo » 14 Jun 2012 02:41 pm

love your blogs, keep them coming. was in old village in may and really miss my turkish home &family
the effes wilo Posts: 40Joined: 22 Mar 2010 08:32 pm

by sarah1 » 14 Jun 2012 06:25 pm

Enjoying your blogs, thanks for writing them.
sarah1 Posts: 26Joined: 16 Jun 2010 07:06 pmLocation: Accrington, Lancashire

by dragon » 14 Jun 2012 09:06 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write your blog, greatly appreciated.

Blog day 4

Post a reply

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blog day 4

by teac532s » 15 Jun 2012 05:45 am

Morning all. 8.10am now and scorching looks like a hot day today. Yeaterday headed down to town for a wander round and bought some food items from various places and overall still cheap for fruit etc. temp at 12 o,clock was 35. Popped in to the office for 2 tickets for Stella show and it was lovely to finally meet Michelle.back at apartments and lay by the pool until about 6 then showered and dressed for dinner.Tommys in the old village was the choice and the meal was excellent and once again instantly remembered from 3 years ago. Meal for 6 was 2 strawberry milkshakes 3 bottles of water 1 efes. Starter of nan bread and dips then 2 steak in black pepper, 1 half roast chicken , 1 chicken curry , 1 bacon omelette , 1 chicken fajita all came to 136.5 lira. At the current rate that's about 48 pound. Not bad at all and service was excellent. After dinner my niece and my son headed to town but the rest of us headed back to apartments at 9.00 as we had arranged for a movie. What followed next is as close to perfect as I can think of. When you read how we watched the movie , close your eyes and picture it in your head. My nieces daughter wanted to watch Grease so we did , 4 sun loungers under the stars in front of a 9 feet by 4.5 feet screen and the bar behind us which was empty as everyone was still out. Temp was around 25 and clammy but lying by a pool watching a movie and having a beer takes some beating.time for some apple tea folks but before I go just to thank everyone for the wishes for my daughters finger and happy to report that after turning a strange shade of green it is now starting to heal up. Lastly just a word of caution for anyone heading over soon , it seems to be getting hotter by the day so be careful in the sun. See you all tomorrow

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 4

by tommycyb » 15 Jun 2012 09:06 pm

thanks again glad your daughter is on the mend the movie night sounds fab only 7 days for us until we are in heaven . don't know if I can read the blogs drivin me nuts , cant wait to be there

by Caltonian » 16 Jun 2012 05:11 pm

Great blogs teac really enjoying them.
Caltonian Posts: 144Joined: 09 Jul 2006 11:03 pmLocation: Glasgow

by dragon » 16 Jun 2012 07:02 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do the blog, greatly appreciated.

Blog day 5

Post a reply

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blog day 5

by teac532s » 16 Jun 2012 06:17 am

Morning all. Spent the day at the pool with the exception of an hour in the morning walking dogs from the dogs home. Had our dinner at the apartments , bacon beans egg and chips by 2 , chicken rice with gravy , kebab wrap , pizza by 2 , 4 water and 2 cola came to 64 lira. Headed down to the majestic for some entertainment at 8pm but it would not be starting until after the England match. Our party is 4 women and 2 men so a discussion followed , should we watch the match or go elsewhere. Venice it was then , men outnumbered.entertainment was very good and between Venice and Majestic the price of the drinks were similar. Beer was 6 and cocktails between 8 and 12 depending on which ordered.
Temps at lunchtime yesterday was 38 and last night at 8pm was 25. It is getting warmer by the day now and as I sit on our balcony at the moment it is roasting with not a cloud and no breeze. That's all for now back again tomorrow

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 5

by alexkeirmaxmum » 16 Jun 2012 10:11 am

Thanks for posting these teac, love hearing about your trip
alexkeirmaxmum Posts: 33Joined: 09 Apr 2012 11:06 am

Re: Blog day 5

by teac532s » 16 Jun 2012 11:28 am

Forgot to mention the rate downtown is still 2.80

Blog day 6

Post a reply

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blog day 6

by teac532s » 17 Jun 2012 06:47 am

Not much to report for this one as we split up last night. My niece and son went to see the Stella show and we looked after the young one at the apartments. As they were going out last night we just all ate at tintin again. 6 meals and 5 water and 3 cola 101 lira. Priced out 2 tattoos at Icmeler ink 100 sterling , bargain so booked for next Sunday. Niece and son said the Stella show was fantastic and want to go again.
Rate downtown is still 2.80 and temps seem to be on the way up. Yesterday was 40 at lunchtime and last night in town at 8pm was 31 degrees. There was a little market of stalls set up last night in the new square selling all local trinkets and it looked really nice. Did not get any time to wander round as the young one was getting tired in all the heat.
Next week will be slightly busier and I will get to an Internet cafe and try to post some pics. I would also say that the resort is quite busy now and it's good to see. I hope the bar owners and staff have a good year as they work very hard to keep us lot fed and watered and entertained. Our apartment owner was telling us he works a 16 hour day minimum every day.. Had a short walk along the prom last night before the Stella show and just the usual light hassle nothing to worry about. Wife had 5 bite marks on her leg when we got in so lots of salon and stuff applied. What little clothes shopping we have done has been fine and we have been able to haggle a little.
That's about all folks so see you all tomorrow

Advertisement

Re: Blog day 6

by dotty » 17 Jun 2012 08:07 am

I so look forward to reading your blog every day, thanks for much for doing this its been a great help for when we arrive on Tuesday for about the 25th time
dotty Posts: 1413Joined: 27 Feb 2006 09:40 amLocation: Rainy, Windy & Bleak Kirkcaldy, Fife

by teac532s » 17 Jun 2012 08:52 am

Your welcome dotty. Hopefully see you about the town next week.

by Lisalala » 17 Jun 2012 08:58 am

I've still 10 weeks to go until I'm in paradise so its great to read your daily blog....thank you for taking the time out from your hols to update us.
Picturing sunshine and beautiful Icmeler is definately what I need at the minute as the weather has been dreadful here in the North East. Thanks again
Lisalala Posts: 39Joined: 22 Jun 2008 03:07 pmLocation: Consett

by stephenllanber » 17 Jun 2012 09:33 am

Hi,

Just caught up with your blogs.

I think I have worked out where you are staying. Are you in Apartment 34 by any chance?

We were there until Monday lunchtime.

all the best

Stephen
stephenllanber Posts: 10Joined: 20 Jul 2011 04:53 pmLocation: CARMEL North wales

by tommycyb » 17 Jun 2012 09:41 am

thank again for the blog it makes the wait for my hols a bit easier only got till Friday to wait now

by teac532s » 17 Jun 2012 10:26 am

Apartment 11. Short update at 1pm its 40 degrees with a slight breeze but like standing in front of a fan oven

by sanron » 17 Jun 2012 02:40 pm

Am really enjoying reading your blog every day, it's nice to know what we have got to look forward on the 25th June. Thanks for keeping us all updated. Enjoy your hols.
sanron Posts: 5Joined: 13 Apr 2012 08:20 pm

by Mrs Jones » 17 Jun 2012 06:45 pm

Really enjoyed reading your blogs keep um coming
Mrs Jones Posts: 66Joined: 28 Jul 2010 02:14 pm

by stephenllanber » 17 Jun 2012 06:47 pm

teac532s wrote:Apartment 11. Short update at 1pm its 40 degrees with a slight breeze but like standing in front of a fan oven

On the ground floor nearest to the bar!!

Send my regards to the dogs home went there a few times but only caught somebody there the day before we got home, didn't get a chance to speak to the lady there as there was a bus load of people visiting them. Did manage to take princess and Lala for a walk round the old village.

Looking forward to the rest of the blogs

Blog day 7

Post a reply

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blog day 7

by teac532s » 18 Jun 2012 04:40 am

Morning all. Well that's the first week of our holiday over and it seems to have gone quite quickly. Nothing major or serious to report for the week just the usual bumps and scrapes. As for yesterday we decided on a chill out day at the apartments to catch up on some sleep after a lot of late nights so we just ate at the apartments and played golf and baseball on the big screen with the Xbox and a fun night it was. Made it to bed at midnight so earliest night yet. Temps are still very hot and it was 40 again at lunchtime but i can imagine it must have made 50 shortly after that as when we were eating we could barely hold our cutlery due to sweating on our hands and lots of napkins used just to wipe faces but thankfully it cooled down a bit last night. It is 7.30am as I type this and it looks like another scorcher for today. Rate still strong at 2.80 or 2.81 so holding up well.fathers day yesterday and the kids bought me a little hand made wooden doll from the little local stalls on Saturday night which was lovely, mind you it was bald so what are they trying to say. There must have been 25 people around the pool yesterday afternoon all sunbathing and the owners wife turned a hose on to water the plants , well you can guess what happened next , we all got a good soaking and it was hilarious, must go now and waken the tribe for a pick up do will report back tomorrow.
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: Teac532s Blog June 2012

Postby teac532s » 19 Jun 2012 06:21

Day 8

Still very very hot now and factor 50 is the order of the day. Headed to the water park in marmaris yesterday and had lots of fun with the young one on the slides and wave pool. Water park is open from 10.00 until 17.30 so a good day but the food and water is a little pricey. Small bottle of water 2.5 lira chicken drumsticks and chips 21 lira season salad 8 lira and I have to say overall not the greatest food we have had. I did see people eating bread and drinking juice so you must be able to bring it in yourself. We left Icmeler at 10.00am and the temp gauge in town centre was showing 40. Got back to apartments at 4 and had some tea and coffee   Showered and shaved and headed to underground market. It looks really clean and well worth the visit but be careful coming out of some shops there as the steps are hard to see and both myself and young Rachel almost fell. Sat in town square just people watching for a while then down to majestic for a meal and a show. I had grilled chicken , wife and niece had chow mein , Rachel had plain spaghetti and ice cream for desert. Drinks were in total 6 cokes 1 milkshake 1 Cinderella  and 5 beers. Total bill was 140 lira. 
The show in majestic is still much the same as it has been but still a good 2 hours entertainment and well worth a visit. The exchange rate is still good at 2.80. That's all for today folks see you tomorrow.
teac532s

Postby teac532s » 20 Jun 2012 04:53

Day 9
Morning all. Another hot day yesterday. Temps at 10am 40 degrees as we all surfaced and had brekkie. Yesterday was shopping day for the presents and we headed to the underground market at lunchtime. Taxi from old village to town 10 lira. We had only reached the first shop in the market when the girls spotted a shop doing nails and stuff so that was them hooked. Lots of talking and finally my niece and her daughter got their nails done with my daughter going back down on Sunday to get her hair done. Finally left there and headed in to a few clothes shops in the market and the obligatory t shirts were bought. Still 3 for 10 pound or there are better quality ones at 20 lira each.y son managed to get 2 necklaces as presents for 15 lira. Left the market to change some money at supermarket by ICR and the rate is still 2.80. Temp gauge in town square at this point was on 45 degrees. We were all thirsty and hot by now so headed to the Liverpool bar for one drink to cool down which turned in to 3. Nice bar but I do think it's a little overpriced for soft drinks and crisps. 4 lira for a bag of the crisps , fine if you are on your own but not if you have a young one who loves the crisps and coke. Headed back to apartments for shower to get ready for dinner and just as we were deciding where to go we had a power cut. We had been planning Harry Rams or Friar Tuck for fish and chips but decided now against it in case the power stayed off for a while. I'm the end we just headed across to Tommys and you could still order but not everything on the menu was available because of the power cut. We ordered 4 chicken currys and 1 chicken rice with chips and gravy and 4 water 1 coke. Power came back on at this stage and we were able to finish out meal which only came to 82.50 lira. We were planning a night out but we decided not to take a chance last night in case the power went again so we headed back to the apartments at 9.30 to watch the match on the big screen. We were watching the match and the temps dropped a fair bit last night and there was lots of lightning from about 10pm. Rain was definitely threading and we even felt the odd spot falling and that distinct smell of rain was in the air. 10.45 another power cut. We all just sat around our tables with a drink and one guest started playing a harmonica which was food fun. I gave up waiting at about 11.10 and headed to bed but the power came back on shortly. 
Now I have a happy tale to tell here. On Monday night 4 of us headed to the majestic while there was a barbie at our apartments. We came back at 12.30 and as Rachel had fallen asleep on the way up I carries her up to bed and then had a cup of tea and that was me done for the night. The guests downstairs were still going strong and I found out why the next morning. That night there was a barbie and then bingo then karaoke. At the karaoke part the owners son sang a song and then announced that the next song would be the last and asked John (forum member jmellia) to do the last song. John took the mike in front of all the guests and announced that he and Donna had been together for 4 years now and in front of everyone he proposed. Although we were out and did not see it my son was in and assures me lots of tears flowed. I did get a look at the sparkler the next day and wow what a ring. I would just like to congratulate them both and wish them all the best in the future.
teac532s

Postby teac532s » 21 Jun 2012 05:35

Day 10
Had a bit of a lie in yesterday morning so sort of late getting round even for brekkie. Had some food about 12 and went to the shop to make a few phone calls home as we had a trip booked at 3 and had to hang about. I won't go in to detail about the trip as u know it upsets some people but overall it was an excellent trip. Our pick up was In town and I noticed that the temp gauge at the corner said 37 then 39 then 38. The one at our apartments said 40 so average it out I guess. It's still hot. Back home at 5.30 showered and time to head out. My wife and I headed to The Golmar Beach hotel to meet Dotty who kindly brought me some headache tablets over ( thank you Dotty).i had never been in Golmar before and I must say it looks really nice. From there we had a stroll up to Harry Rams for fish and chips last night. Fish and chips for 2 small water and small cola plus a portion if curry 38 lira , bargain. Fish was lovely ( fresh cod).from there we strolled back to the apartments through the back streets and it was lovely to see the hidden away little nooks that we as tourists rarely see. As we got level with the Majestic apartments there was a power cut though it was still light enough to see. Got to the apartments and power back on about 10 mins after that. Xbox kinect was set up and as we were playing golf there was another power cut. It was around 10 by this time and though the sky was clear there was lots of lightning again. Power came back on quickly enough and I headed for an early night at 12.15. Temps are still hot and the rate downtown was 2.79 last night. Up at 7.45 this morning to no power but back on again now. 
Speak to you all again tomorrow
teac532s

Postby slimelaine » 21 Jun 2012 18:54

Really enjoying reading your blogs. I worked out where you are staying and we will be there on 10th of August :D

Getting very excited now 7 weeks and counting!
slimelaine

Postby teac532s » 22 Jun 2012 05:41

Day 11.
Morning again. What a scorcher yesterday was. Temps at our apartment showed 47 yesterday at lunchtime and it was really a day for lying about and nipping in and out of the pool and the shade.while relaxing yesterday I had time to reflect on-the holiday so far. My thoughts are that this seems to be better than last time we were here. Yes prices have increased a little but really not that noticeable. You can still eat out for very little if you know where to go. For example we headed to town for some shopping last night and being hungry we nipped in to our favourite Tintin. 2 pepperoni pizzas , 2 chicken sandwiches ( too big for most people to finish) 1 chicken rice , bacon ham cheese toastie and 4 water and 2 cola 52 lira. At 18 quid for all that you can see what I mean about being cheap enough. For the smokers most supermarkets are doing 200 lambert and butler for 20 pound though not sure how good they are. Fruit and staple diet items are still very cheap to buy. Most stalls offering the usual 3 for a tenner t shirts but my niece bought an Adidas track suit from the Turkish primark by the canal last night and he would not move on the price of 75 lira. We sat in the canary bar last night for a few drinks while the child played on the bouncy castle and it was a nice quiet evening for a change. 25 degrees downtown last night. Back to apartments at 11 as child was tired but managed a fee games of darts on Xbox kinect ( which to my surprise I won) before hitting the hay for the night. Almost forgot , I had a look yesterday at flight prices from Belfast to Dalaman for next year and already they are way over priced. As we only have 2 airlines flying from Belfast it makes it difficult to try to find a good deal. Anyway speak to you all again tomorrow 
teac532s

Advertisement

Postby sarahnsteve » 22 Jun 2012 14:26

Looks like Eden Gardens has produced a great holiday yet again.
sarahnsteve

Postby sunlover » 22 Jun 2012 16:11

Think yourself very lucky - can't even begin to descibe the Belfast weather today - it has been a long time since there has been wind and rain like it. Make the best of it. I wish I was in Icmeler - still this time two weeks......
sunlover

Postby teac532s » 23 Jun 2012 06:05

Day 12
Had a real lazy day by the pool all day as some guests  ( john and donna , keith and kim )were leaving and we  all wanted to say goodbye. It was a little cooler yesterday , still warm but a nice breeze which made lying by the pool really nice. Took a walk to the little supermarket to change some travellers cheques and he charged 3 lira for changing 2 cheques , still for nothing though downtown beside ICR there is no charge. As the said guests were leaving at 5.30 we did not go out for a meal last night and when the departure rime arrived hands were shook and tears were shed. One of the memories I will take home with me is how well everyone at the apartments have got on together. The fun and entertainment has been great and lots if laughs have been had over the last 2 weeks. After the guests left we just had some food here , which takes some beating anyway , and 6 of us came to 66 lira.
We finally got ready and headed out at 9 to the majestic for the last time this trip and the show varied slightly from Monday's show but still a good show. Drinks bill for the night was 142 lira  Temps downtown last night was 25 and it was not as clammy as previous nights so easier to handle. Exchange rate has dropped slightly to 2.78.After the majestic bought a few trinkets at a little stall then back to apartments for 1 drink then bed as all the late nights are starting to catch up now. It is 9am now as i type this and looks like another hot day.
See you all again tomorrow
teac532s

Postby geordiedave1964 » 23 Jun 2012 09:41

what a great account of your holiday.....many thanks
geordiedave1964

Postby jeaniehaz » 23 Jun 2012 12:09

Loving the blogs , 7wks to go can't wait stuck indoors again as its really pouring it down outside yet again .
jeaniehaz

Advertisement

Postby JenSto » 23 Jun 2012 12:12

thanx very much for taking time out from your holiday to give us updates, really helped me work out what we need to budget for to have a good holiday. . . . 7 wks and 6 days and I am so giddy now x
glad u had a great time
Jeanette x
JenSto

Postby carol0912 » 23 Jun 2012 17:02

Thanks so much for the blogs. They have been very informative and a great read these last 2 weeks.
9 weeks today and we'll be there. So looking forward to it, as are many others :D :D
Take care, and thanks again.
Safe journey home
Carol x
carol0912

Postby teac532s » 24 Jun 2012 06:04

Day 13
Just a lazy morning by the pool yesterday as it is getting close to our departure day. Temps have dropped just a little to 35 yesterday. Had lunch at the apartment bar then I took a lovely quiet walk from the apartments up to the top of the old village and down again as far as captain sinbads. I walked through the quieter back streets rather than past tommys etc and took a fair few photos , all of which I will post when I get home. I really enjoyed the stroll and the piece and quiet. We headed to fryer tucks last night for good old fish and chips and I must say the food was excellent.lots to choose from on the menu but we had small fish and chips x 2 , standard fish and chips x 2 ,1 chip butty , 1 chip with curry and 6 water came to 85 lira. There are different size portions of fish and chips to order withs the small being 15 lira up to jumbo at 27 lira. After that we headed back to apartments for a chilled night and to watch the Spain match. Earlier yesterday afternoon my niece and her daughter went in to town and managed to pick up some bargains. One thing though , on our first week she bought a purse from Turkish primark and within 5 days the zip inside had broken. She took it back on Friday night , got it changed and Saturday night the stitching on the outside gave way and split. This is from a guy who promises that he sells no S***. Anyhow was offered 2.79 to the pound last night , temps were a bit cooler and a few flashes of lightning but no power cuts. As today is our last full day in resort this will be my last blog of the holiday. I hope I have helped some of those still to come yet with money rates and weather etc. I wish all of you a safe journey and a happy holiday. I will post a full review and photos in a few days time. Thank you for taking the time to read my mutterings every day. 
Bye for now and see you soon
teac532s

Postby socks » 24 Jun 2012 08:08

WHAT A FANTASTIC SERIES OF BLOGS,I REALLY ENJOYED READING THEM ALL ,WELL DONE.SAFE JOURNEY HOME
socks
New User
New User

Postby Ajc » 24 Jun 2012 08:20

Loved reading them. Look forward to the pics. Safe journey home
Ajc
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby JT » 24 Jun 2012 08:48

Excellent and I hope lots of people will now try to do exactly this as for people waiting to arrive it must make riveting reading
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby suzieg » 24 Jun 2012 09:15

Thanks for giving us your daily blog I hope when we come next week our holiday will be as good as yours has been x
suzieg

Postby stephenllanber » 24 Jun 2012 09:17

I have also enjoyed the blogs and appreciate the time taken to write them.

They started as we left, so for a few minutes of the day I am still on holiday :D :D .
stephenllanber
New User
New User

Postby stevew » 24 Jun 2012 09:27

Because of your blogs, I feel as if I'm having two holidays this year. 8) :lol:
Thank you,
Steve
stevew

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers