BONJOUR HOTEL

Feedback from holidaymakers on holiday related experiences

Moderator: blondie

BONJOUR HOTEL

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 14:17

My son and I did enjoy our stay at the Bonjour Hotel early in July.

The hotel was good, the staff were all polite and helpful and made our stay enjoyable.

However, the manager Ferhat did ensure with his attitude that I would NEVER return to the hotel or restaurant when return to Icmeler.

Quite apart from the "arriving early" episode, in the whole of the week he never smiled nor took any time to enquire as to how we may be enjoying our stay.

His customer service style needs improvement I think!!.

Thank you to you for dealing with the matter at the start and the end of the holiday and I would certainly book through your company again.

Best wishes to you.

Eric Richmond
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: BONJOUR HOTEL

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 14:35

Thanks we had a terrific holiday and enjoyed our stay at the Bonjour.

It was a big and welcome improvement to have access to 2 pools – the refurbishment of the Ida has obviously been a success and makes Bonjour and even more attractive option for anyone visiting the resort.

The only complaint we had about the Bonjour is about the constant hassle that guests receive when passing through the restaurant – as you must to leave the hotel.

To be honest the hassle really isn’t necessary as the Bonjour is an excellent restaurant and I’m sure guests would frequent it without the hassle.

My suggestion would be that if Ferhat the manager is keen to encourage guests to eat at the Bonjour then why not offer a discount.

This would I’m sure be very welcome and much better than the hassle which really can be quite tiresome.

I appreciate that this is nothing to do with ICR

On a personal note we would just like to say thanks for the excellent transfers –they were spot on and efficiently handled – well done!

With Kind Regards

John & Sadie Gibb
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 14:57

The bonjour was a nice clean hotel and we met people who had stayed there before.

However there were a few problems, staff check the room to ensure you are using the mini bar and not bringing in drinks not purchased from the bar.

When going out from the bonjour you have to pass through the restaurant and staff give you major hassle to eat in there restaurant.

A simple no is not good enough and as we hav been coming to Turkey for over 15 years (twice a year) we found this very intimidating.

We would like to thank yourselves for being very helpfull when required and would not hesitate to book with yourselves again

Thanks

Dorothy Murray
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 15:00

We had a great holiday at the Bonjour everything ran smoothly and the transfers were great no problems.

Hope to be back at the Bonjour in July will be in touch.

cheers Gerry&Rose Foyer
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 06 Sep 2011 15:03

Sorry to have missed you but because we were there for only one week we went out every day as we have friend's who live there both Turkish and English also my husband surprised me with a birthday present to swim with the dolphin's that was brilliant .. our holiday in Turkey was brilliant the hotel was great and we would defenetly go back there and the staff were great there was only one thing i would change and that is to have a hotel room either on the ground floor or the second floor as we were put on the top floor and there is no lift it was quite a treck up 32 step's two or three time's a day as we are both in our 60's our bone's are not as they used to be but other than that the holiday was great we hope to go back in October taking our daughter with us as a 40th birthday present for her i know she will love it
                                                                                              Kathy McStein 
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 16 Sep 2011 09:06

This was the first time we have booked with yourselves and everything was perfect.

Hotel Bonjour was very good, everywhere was immaculate and the food was excellent and it was nice to have the option of an English breakfast too.

The only minor problem was the room being on the ground floor was a little noisy as everyone passed quite frequently, I did email the hotel before departure to request a high floor room but had no response.

Susan Owers
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby JT » 16 Sep 2011 09:08

Dine here or we are not interested in you”

It was very difficult to write this review as I know so many people have fantastic times here as previous reviews show, and people will possibly think this is a diiferent hotel. But this is my account

On arrival at the Bonjour we could not have wished for a better welcome 4 of the waiters came over to the transfer bus when we pulled up outside, shaking all our hands and welcoming us. Check in at reception was swift but the receptionist was quite surly shown to our rooms 201 and 204. Our friends who were staying in room 201 found that the room had been cannibalized fridge was missing only one cup and glass and one bedside table this was mentioned at reception when we went out for a walk. Fehrat ( the owner ) was summoned over by the receptionist he grunted will sort out fridge probably tomorrow as it is Ramadam!!!!! He then pointed to a sign stating no own food or drink could be taken into our rooms, ????? relevance. We then set of for a walk having to pass through the restaurant one of the waiters assumed that we where eating and started directing us to a table this being 2230 in the evening we said no we where not eating tonight asked why said we were just going for a walk, another night we had planned on eating at Bonjour.

As we had tea and coffee making facilities in the room we brought back with us a bottle of water, Ferhat was around reception and stopped us saying that we could not take that water to our room, I said it was for cleaning our teeth and making a cup of tea he said use tap water or buy water from me. I felt the warm welcome we had received earlier had turned Sour I did not really want to be staying here anymore the man was so rude, although we had planned on eating at bonjour at least a couple of times I did not want to spend another penny at the Bonjour like most people who come to Icmeler there are so many great restaurants and staff out there who are great friends.

Next morning at breakfast we sat at the table for at least 10 mins before being served, only one other couple in restaurant, waiters were ignoring us cleaning and talking to each other. When he did arrive he said " what do you want " I asked to see the menu as this was our first morning here, no smile and surly in nature. This was not a one off but the same every morning, those that had eaten there where greeted with a good morning and a smile and lots of attention.

After 3 days of not eating there they decided not to ask any more or even speak or acknowledge us, we could live with that. We where just made to feel uncomfortable everytime we walked through restaurant and at breakfast.

On returning from the beach on the last day we where met by Fehrat Oh no I thought what now. " Who is in room 204 he asked " I said it was us, he said that he had looked for us this morning as we would have to move rooms but we had gone to the beach so his girls had packed us up and moved our stuff to room 404. I asked why we had not been told this at check in or on any day leading up to today. He said your tour operator knew this He snarled the problem is between them and you not the hotel.

We went up to our new room to find all our clothes had been screwed up and thrown into the case along with personal items that had been disturbed and rummaged through. My wifes clothes that she was due to travel home in were all screwed up and creased. No respect for peoples belongings.

We showered in preparation for our return transfer to the airport, we had paid for an extra night for both our rooms so that we could keep them all day due to late departure. When we booked out at reception no pleasantries just presented with you owe us 12TL for two fresh orange juices you had for breakfast. I thought it would have been nice for the hotel to have waived that for the inconvenience caused with moving room and not being there for breakfast which we had paid for the next day but alas no.

Walking through the restaurant to the minibus for our transfer not one of the 5 waiters 4 of whom had given us such a warm welcome acknowledged us they were to busy swooning over a regular who had just arrived with a load of alcohol for Fehrat. I have never been treated so badly anywhere as we were at the Bonjour and all because we would not eat in there restaurant.

So the choice is yours, if you eat in the hotel then you can expect what appears to be a first class service if you dont dine there dont expect to much. Icmeler is full of great restaurants staffed by sincere genuine people who will become you friends regardless of wether you eat there or not

False smiles and handshakes I can do without.
Review submitted by Paul Youngman, Thu Sep 15, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 19 Sep 2011 16:40

Yes we all had a brilliant holiday at the Bonjour & met lots of lovely people.

The boat trip was good - would recommend it to everyone.

The only thing we would comment about the Bonjour was that Omar sometimes 'over did' asking us to eat in their restaurant and got loud in objections if we didn't.

We did eat in their restaurant approx 5 times cos the food was excellent, and spent 100's of liras (had the lamb, chateau briand fillet steak meals) & spent Andy's birthday there, buying a cake & champagne.

If we said we were going to eat elsewhere cos we wanted to try different restaurants, he did get a bit 'firm' so to speak in his response.

We all know & appreciate that they have to earn their wages by commission (which becomes difficult when the staff at Ida, next door which Bonjour now owns, are on salary) but by the same token we are on holiday & want to see/try every where!

But overall the holiday was fab!

All the bookings went well and i would certainly book with ICR again & recommend to my friends.
Hope to see you soon!

Maggie
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 21 Sep 2011 09:06

Name: MR G McFadden

Rating: (5/5)

mstayed at the Bonjour Apts,for the first time last October
first class service and accomadation and the staff were brilliant.Have booked again for this year
Comment On: Mon Mar 07, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 21 Sep 2011 09:07

Name: Zaman

Rating: (2/5)

Message: I have recently stayed in the Bonjour Apartments with my family. The staff are very freindly and willing to help with any quieries. However we found the manager to be a bit of a pessimist look-alike. We were told to keep noise levels down and from that time onwards felt uncomfortable at the apartment. When we arrived we were the only guests staying there. The apartments were actually very nice and clean with all the essential facilities. The cleaners came regularly. We went in April so as anticipated the weather was very temperamental. Top tips if your are planning to go: do try the turkish bath (very relaxing), if your up for a long trek then consider going to Pummakale which had some stunning views of the famous white cliffs. Also down the road from the apartement is a great place to eat called Alin's Grill, very clean place with freindly staff and tasty food.
Comment On: Mon Apr 25, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 21 Sep 2011 09:07

Name: Deborah Wood

Rating: (5/5)

Message: We spent two weeks at the Bonjour staying in the two bedroom apartment with our teenage daughters.
The accommodation was first class and the staff so friendly. Sheets and towells were changed 6 times a week and the rooms and pool area was so clean. The restaurant was one of the best in Icmeler, the Sunday roast was fantastic, in fact all the food was really good. All the staff were friendly especially Omar and Jerry. The only downside was the cost of air con at £90 per week which was chargeable at the end of the stay, very sneaky to be hit with this bill, although this was only applicable to the 2 bed apartments. We will definately be going back next year and will stay either B&B or Half Board as the costs are so reasonable.
Comment On: Tue Aug 02, 2011
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby JT » 21 Sep 2011 09:08

Hi Elaine, I have been meaning to send you a message.

We had a fabulous time and I will put feedback on the site against yourselves and also the Bonjour Apartment site.

Well when we were about to leave we were hit with a bill for £164 for the air con and £20 for the safe, we had decided earlier that there was no point in arguing the point of not using it, so we said that only one unit had been working and we had managed with that and were prepared to pay for that unit, he wasn't too happy and said that we should have told him and they would have fixed it but we just acted stupid and said the one unit was sufficient, so we marched him upstairs and sure enough only one was working, it might have had something to do with the batteries being in the wrong way on two of the remotes just don'tknow how that happened!!!!!!! He didn't realise this and when I said I would give him sterling for the one unit he agreed and we settled on £54 plus £20 for the safe. A little bit sneaky but what the hell it worked and it felt good to play him at his own game.

Thank you all for your help and advice and we will be over again very soon.

Love

Deb and Steve
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 29 Sep 2011 15:40

Here is my feedback from the bonjour. 26 Aug – 9 Sept

Nicola Brassell

All in all enjoyed our stay at the bonjour but we will not be returning.

The hotel is a fantastic place to stay and the rooms are very well kept, maid service is good, air conditioning is included in the price and also English breakfast.

However there were a few issues.

While we were there we were hassled just about everyday to eat at the bonjour, yes it’s a lovely restaurant and we did eat there but there are lots of lovely restaurants in Icmeler and we don’t like the feeling of being told where we should eat.

As there was a party of 8 of us at least 2 of us if not all of us ate and drank around the pool area everyday but this didn’t seem to be enough.

Whilst we were there Ferhat informed us that he wasn’t using ICR next year and we would have to book direct if we wanted to stay there in 2012.

In my opinion the right thing to do on his part would have been to contact the people who had made bookings through ICR and tell them the situation with the option to keep the booking or rebook somewhere else with ICR.

We were informed that the apartments we had booked for 2012 were no longer available but we could have 4 rooms instead.

The apartments would have cost £1380 for 2 with ICR but Ferhat said we could have 4 rooms at the bargain price of £2240!!!.

I don’t think he was very impressed when I told him we would be booking elsewhere with ICR as this was far too expensive he tried to get around it by saying aircon and breakfast is included if we booked rooms.

I don’t know what he thinks we eat for breakfast but it doesn’t cost anywhere near £860 for a fortnight so needless to say we will not be staying at the bonjour.

It seemed to me that after that most of the staff seemed to have lost their manners and didn’t really pass the time of day unless it was to hassle you to go and eat in the restaurant.

Ferhat was always wandering around the hotel and quite often we would get a hello or some sort of acknowledgement from him however I felt we were more or less ignored after I told him we would not be returning in 2012.

Another thing that I think I should mention was on quite a few occasions I came back to the hotel a lot later than the rest of the party.

The young lad on the desk who let me back into my room was very helpful and it didn’t seem to a problem for him to run up the stairs to let me into my room at 4am!

There was one night I came back and a lad called Jerry was standing at reception when I returned he asked me where I had been and being polite I said I had been out with a friend.

He then made several comments about being more than friends etc etc and made me feel quite uncomfortable.

To be honest I don’t mind telling people where I have been but don’t appreciate smart comments like the ones he made.

Anyway that’s my moan over I have to say a great big thank you to the girls in the ICR office for all their help and for pointing us in the right direction for accommodation for 2012.

Nicola
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Feedbacks