October bookings....

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

October bookings....

Postby Sami » 02 Aug 2013 10:03

I'm heading back out on October 19th and staying for 8 nights at the Rhodes Apartments as always. Anyone else going in October?........ I hope its warm still. :D
Sami

Advertisement

Re: October bookings....

Postby janeypoos » 05 Aug 2013 05:47

Hi Sami, I'm going 16th October. :)
The weather can be a bit hit and miss but is generally a nice comfortable heat in the daytime, quite a bit cooler at night though.
The sea should still be warm enough to go in (if you're that way inclined, I won't be braving it lol).
There's a much higher chance of rain and when it rains, it rains so maybe a brolly/waterproof jacket might be a good idea to take just in case.
I only came back 2 days ago and have already got my case re-packed and ready to go lol :lol:
janeypoos

Postby Sami » 05 Aug 2013 10:17

Thanks Janey, all my stuff is washed and dry, just need to iron it all and re-pack. Also need the toiletries too. I am hoping its still warm enough in the day to sunbathe, my friend who I am taking is not a sun lover so I think the weather will suit him but even so, I need it! :lol:
Sami

Postby janeypoos » 10 Aug 2013 08:00

How long are you going for Sami?
I'd say you can almost guarantee to be sunbathing pleasantly without all the stick sweatiness of July/August.
Just take a cardi or something for night time as it does get a bit cool, for me anyway. :)
I'm probably staying through until the first week of November so I'll definitely have a woolly or two. :wink:
janeypoos

Postby Sami » 10 Aug 2013 09:31

Only going for 8 nights but would love to sunbathe all day, possibly fit in a boat trip if I can. Others have said boat trips are still possible in October (weather permitting I suppose). I've not been that late in the year before but I would imagine everyone is getting ready to slow down for the end of the season. It'll be nice to see everyone just before it all closes down.
Sami

Postby janeypoos » 10 Aug 2013 09:44

It's probably a lovely time for a boat trip as it won't be overcrowded and not too hot at all.
Now you've made me think about it I might even do one myself lol. :)
janeypoos

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 10 Aug 2013 13:39

janeypoos wrote:It's probably a lovely time for a boat trip as it won't be overcrowded and not too hot at all.
Now you've made me think about it I might even do one myself lol. :)

LOL, I thought my friend had said he didn't want to do a boat trip and I was thinking oh well, I'll go by myself which i don't mind but he has now said he's up for it, so I'm well pleased. And a Turkish Bath, fantastic news! :D
Sami

Postby janeypoos » 11 Aug 2013 09:13

That's your first day sorted then with the Turkish Bath :)
I'm too much of a wimp to go for that, it all looks a bit too rough for me lol :wink:
janeypoos

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat