grand aquarium icmeler info please

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

grand aquarium icmeler info please

Postby queenie » 06 Oct 2012 12:47

hi all i have booked self catering at the grand aquarium for myself husband and a family friend could any one tell me if the room wll consist of a bedroom and pull down sofa in another room im hoping i have not booked a room with beds all in the same room as it is 2 male and my self female any info on kitchen facilitys and rooms would be very helpful please thanks in advance :)
queenie
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: grand aquarium icmeler info please

Postby sunseeker2011 » 06 Feb 2013 09:28

queenie wrote:hi all i have booked self catering at the grand aquarium for myself husband and a family friend could any one tell me if the room wll consist of a bedroom and pull down sofa in another room im hoping i have not booked a room with beds all in the same room as it is 2 male and my self female any info on kitchen facilitys and rooms would be very helpful please thanks in advance :)

Not sure if you've been yet or the booking is for 2013....

I went here in July/August 2012 with my wife and 15 year old daughter. I think you can book a family room which (I believe) has 2 separate bedrooms but we just went for the one bedroom apartment which has one separate bedroom and 2 single chair/beds in the 'lounge' area so you should be ok.

Kitchen consists of a 2 hob electric oven (portable type), microwave, fridge (no freezer compartment though), sink/drainer and a few cupboards with essential utensils (e.g. cutlery, pans, chopping board etc..). We did buy a mug each as the cups & saucers are quite small and we all like a big mug of tea or coffee lol.

Rooms are clean and shower is nice, hot and powerful.
There is a button system next to the door that illuminates lights outside the door for the maid for: 'do not disturb' and 'clean room' - never seen this before but a nice touch I thought. We had our room cleaned every day and fresh towels too :)

Also I believe all rooms have a balcony and pool views.

If you haven't already been, I'm sure you will love it, if you've already been - let us know...
sunseeker2011

Postby queenie » 09 Feb 2013 16:40

thank you so much for the info have not been before we are booked for september sound really nice will also take our own mugs as i always need a good mug of coffee in the morning lol
queenie
New User
New User

Postby bikerjambo » 09 Feb 2013 21:48

Just been looking there tonight for May, looks nice
bikerjambo

Postby queenie » 20 Feb 2013 05:32

hi there if you go in may would you please let me know any info please and have a great holiday
queenie
New User
New User

Postby sunseeker2011 » 20 Feb 2013 07:33

queenie wrote:hi there if you go in may would you please let me know any info please and have a great holiday

What more info do you need? If you have any specific questions just ask on here or PM me - I guarantee you will have a great time :)

Justin
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

Postby queenie » 23 Feb 2013 16:50

hi here just general questions what rooms contain what rooms are like staff food and facilities how far from beach and main town nearest shop for bread milk etc sorry to many questions i just always panic when ive not been a hotel before im such a worrier lol
queenie
New User
New User

Postby sunseeker2011 » 25 Feb 2013 10:09

queenie wrote:hi here just general questions what rooms contain what rooms are like staff food and facilities how far from beach and main town nearest shop for bread milk etc sorry to many questions i just always panic when ive not been a hotel before im such a worrier lol

OK, no probs with all the questions, just glad I can help...

ROOMS:
I've only had experience of 1 bedroom room: They are adequate size with one separate bedroom and 2 fold-out-chairs in the 'living' area - not huge but big enough for a family of 2 adults + 2 children.
All rooms have balcony and have pool views

Next to the door they have a 2 button system for 'Clean room' & 'Do not disturb' - this puts lights on outside the room so the maids can see if you want it cleaning or not. We choose to have a clean every day (which they did) - they also provide fresh bedding every other day and fresh towels every day.

Kitchen area consists of electric 2 hob cooker top (portable type), Microwave, Sink, Toaster, assortments of cups, saucers, plates, bowls, cutlery, pots & pans, chopping board and various kitchen essentials (i.e. tin opener, corkscrew etc.)

Bathroom is decent size and has a separate large shower cubicle (no bath).

STAFF:
Possibly the best staff I have ever come across, they are so polite, very funny, and are happy to help in whatever way they can. In my opinion this is what makes the hotel such a great place.

FOOD & FACILITIES:
We ate there quite a lot and the food is delicious (free bread starter with garlic & chili dips with every meal).
It's also reasonably priced. They serve food from breakfast all the way through to the evening so you can order food anytime of the day.
Drinks are also fairly cheap - last year they were 5.25TL for a large Efes (0.7 litre) and 6.25TL for an XL Efe's (1.0 litre). Branded spirits are a bit more expensive as most are imported (as I believe they all are in Turkey)

The facilities on site are small shop (for milk, bread, cereal etc.) and also some trinkets & souvenirs.
They also have a separate gym and Turkish bath area - this is run by a Mr. Aydin Sari who will offer to show you round the Turkish bath almost as soon as you get there and he does try the 'hard sell'. I believe he runs this as a separate business to the hotel (I presume he rents it) and this is the only area that accepts cash (preferably sterling). We did opt for the (overly expensive) Turkish bath and we then had a 'friend-for-life' but I've heard from other reviews that if you decline his services, he will pretty much blank you all holiday. This is my only gripe with the whole thing - you should not feel pressured inside the hotel...

On the subject of money, apart from Aydin, the whole complex runs on a 'watch' system. You get one as soon as you check in and are shown how to use it. It just contains a chip and you charge it with money at reception and when you order anything they just scan it and give you a receipt showing how much you paid and also remaining balance. I though this was good as no need to carry money around the hotel. They are fully waterproof too.

There is a local shop about a minute walk from the hotel right next to Tommy's bar (great food), they sell almost anything food -wise (a bit like a Tesco express), the peaches are to die for and great for breakfast :)

The beach is about 1 mile from the hotel and it takes around 25-35 minutes to walk it but if you have a lot to carry (i.e. beach bags etc.) then you can catch the dolmus from outside Tommy's and it's 1.5TL (about 50p) to Icmeler square. They also have a taxi rank next to the dolmus stop and you can sometimes haggle them down to 5-6 TL so if there's 4 of you that can work out similar price.

Hope this long post helps, and just ask if there's anything I've missed...

Cheers,
Justin

P.S. oh by the way, the pool is lovely and clean and has a water slide that they put on twice a day for around 30 minutes each. The exit area of the slide is the only 'shallow' area (just below waist height) but the rest of the pool is quite deep (up to my neck and I'm 5 ft 10 inches) so if you have small children who aren't very good swimmers, inflatables are a must...
sunseeker2011

Postby queenie » 28 Feb 2013 19:23

thank you so much for all the info its sounds great thank you again for all your replys looking forward to it now roll on september
queenie
New User
New User

Postby sunseeker2011 » 11 Mar 2013 14:32

queenie wrote:thank you so much for all the info its sounds great thank you again for all your replys looking forward to it now roll on september

Seriously, you'll love it, if you don't there must be something wrong with you :lol:
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area