Helloooo

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Helloooo

Postby CHRISTY » 16 Apr 2012 09:27

Hello

I am new to the site and would like to say it looks like one of the friendliest and most helpful forums i have visited :D

Me and my friend (member sarahlou_86) are coming out at the end of may and can honestly say have never been more excited :)

Just a few questions i was hoping someone could answer...

we are coming out for the length of our visa which is 90 days making it the end of august and then we will have to go home :( if we wanted to stay until oct/nov is there anything other than the 12 month residency permit we could do to make that possible? If not can you confirm how much per month we will need for the 12 month residency permit. Alot of people advise we would need money for the book, thats fine and then we would need to prove we had enough to live on for 12 months? I have read it is $500USD/£300 per month but then other websites say it is only 3000tl for the year?? im just a bit confused, if anyone could clear it up for me that would be great :D
Also could we provide a credit card as proof of money or does the money we have, have to be shown in a turkish bank account? Any help on this would be great, as we would really would like to stay as long as possible!

Thank you - i look forward to your replies and joining in in future discussions :wink:

xxxxx
CHRISTY
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Helloooo

Postby JT » 16 Apr 2012 11:09

Hi Christy

Welcome to the forum

Different people at the port are saying didfferent things but no one knows about the extended visa yet as no one has done it

Get yourself a residency visa and for that you pay forthe blue book (sorry can't remember price of that) fee for residency for 1 year is 140 lira

You need a bank account correct, showing at least 3000 lira or was so as I was turned away last week renewing mine and had to top up to 6000 so no one really knows

You need a bank statement stamped from the bank and you now also need to visit your local council office to get a letter signed off them to show your address even though you already have this on your tenency agreement
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby CHRISTY » 16 Apr 2012 18:09

HI JT

Thank you for your reply :o) its all so confusing as people all say different things about what you need to do and how much you need!! I know it varies on different areas and such!! 6000tl sounds ok though, do you live in icmeler yourself?

Soooo looking forward to coming out :D

Thank you again
CHRISTY
New User
New User

Postby LynnJenny » 26 Apr 2012 00:11

hi christy and welcome have a great holiday
LynnJenny

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area