New member, just got back from Icmeler

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

New member, just got back from Icmeler

Postby Busybee » 20 Aug 2011 16:26

Hi
we have spent 9 (plus a few more!!) glorious days in Icmeler, never been to Turkey before, but on our first night, we had already decided we had to go back!!!!!

Despite the fact my 16yo ended up in the Ahu Hetman hospital in Marmaris with pneumonia for 3 days, meaning we missed flights home etc etc and was a very scary time, we have not been put off. In fact my daughter decided to spend the time learning Turkish!!! We had already made some great friends there, and had a lot of help from local people when we ended up in the hospital, from interpreters to friendly faces to visit us, they were fantastic.

Cant wait to go back.... planning 2 weeks in June and another in Sept for next year. 8)
Busybee
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: New member, just got back from Icmeler

Postby annetta » 20 Aug 2011 16:35

Welcome to the forum Busybee :)

What an unfortunate thing to happen on your holidays, hope your daughter is on the mend and glad it did not put you off.
As you have found out the people of Icmeler treat you like family and especially in a crisis they will do all they can to help.

Anne
annetta

Postby blondie » 20 Aug 2011 17:08

Hi and welcome - glad you enjoyed your holiday, despite what must have been a very scary experience with the hospital, etc. The Turkish people are so helpful and friendly though, it's that which really makes your holiday special.
blondie

Postby Busybee » 20 Aug 2011 22:14

Definately, the people made our holiday. I couldnt believe how much help and support we had and were offered.

I got quite a few tips from reading this forum before we went away, so thought it was about time I joined! and of course the fact that we are hooked on Icmeler now!
Busybee
New User
New User

Postby reesy1959 » 22 Aug 2011 05:41

What an unfortunate thing to happen on holiday, and especially a first visit.

Hope your Daughter is well on the mend now and looking forward to her next visit :D
reesy1959

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area