Icmeler Overview

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler Overview

Postby Tiberius » 01 Aug 2011 20:50

Hey,

This is my first post so would just like to say hello to all. I came across this site a few weeks ago before booking our holiday to Icmeler and found it very informative but as always still have a few questions ;-)

Me and the missus are flying out August 26th for two weeks, it'll be our second time in Turkey (we visited Gumbet last year) but our first in Icmeler. Were going to be staying in the Ince apartments which from what I gather are in the Old Village. Has anybody stayed here? if so can you give any info as to what we can expect? I have read many recent reviews and all seem to be very positive so I'm not too concerned.

Also were flying with Onur Air, i've heard very mixed reviews about these from various sources...are they as bad as some people make out?

Can you give your recommendations on the creme de la creme of restaurants in Icmeler, not neccesarily the most expensive but the best in terms of quality? I love my food so want to try and visit a lot of the better places while were there.

Finally, I found online a place called Butterfly Valley which quite frankly looks sensational.... apparently there's a boat which gets you there from Olu Deniz. I was just wondering if anybody had visited it and whether you can get to it from Icmeler or is it too far away?

Any answers to any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Tiberius

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler Overview

Postby cassielucy » 01 Aug 2011 21:19

Hi Tiberius - hope you have a great holiday in Icmeler and end up hooked like the rest of us. Me and my hubby go twice a year - June & Sept. Cant wait til we go back on the 3rd sept for our second visit this year. Have stayed in Marmaris & Hisonaru in the past but once we found Icmeler nowhere else will do!
Have never stayed in the old village ourselves so cant comment on your apartments - sorry.
Looks of our friends fly with Onur Air and have had no complaints so wouldnt worry there. TBH the main thing is they get you there. We flew with Easyjet in June and had one of thr best flights ever and people are quick to knock them.
Lots of lovely bars & restaurants to try in Icmeler catering for all tastes and all reasonably priced - you will be spoilt for choice. Depaends on your age and what you are looking for - everyone has their own favourites.
Cant help with you Butterfly trip - never heard of it from Icmeler and Olu Deniz must be about 4 hours from Icmeler.
Anyway hope this helps and that you have a brill time
cassielucy

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 01 Aug 2011 21:54

hiya welcome to the forum :)
hope you get all the information you need
personally i have been to icmeler 11 times in the past 9 years
i would say the best restuarants in icmeler for quality are Wayside, Chef, Loveboat and Bonjour
all a little bit more expensive than others but service, atmosphere and quality are superb :)
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby mickyq » 01 Aug 2011 22:28

welcome to the forum Tiberius.
I usually go to marmaris so first time in icmeler.
ive flew with onur air several times and cant fault them. they are as good as any airline ive ever flew with.
enjoy your hols :D
mickyq

Postby Jay Trip » 01 Aug 2011 22:48

I did the Butterfly Valley trip from Olu Deniz a few years ago and didnt see one Butterfly!
I think they are only there at certain times of the year and they are in fact moths. :lol:
Its too far from Icmeler anyway.
Jay Trip

Postby flosie » 02 Aug 2011 08:28

hi,We are going to Ince apartments in Sept and are flying with same company so please let us know how you get on,we have been to Icelmer many times third trip this year.Lots of nice resturants and we find the people in Icelmer much friendler and helpful than other parts of Turkey weve been to.The apartments are near supermarkets and a bakers lovely warm fresh bread for breakfast mmmm,also very near weekly market to haggle for bargains,resturants we use Cubana,Tommys these are both in the old village,majestic on the canal ,sizzler in center chinese are good to.Its easy to get about on the dolmus to Marmaris nice to sit on the harbour and watch the world go by with a cold efes...Exchange rate has been very good all season so far and we tend to get our lira in Icelmer,so have fab time and let us know what Ince apartments are like. :D
flosie

Advertisement

Postby Tiberius » 02 Aug 2011 09:56

Thanks for all your replies and warm welcomes :D

Im sure we'll have a fantastic holiday. Were very much hoping Icmeler lives up to the great remarks it gets on here.

I figured Onur Air couldn't possibly be as bad as some people made out but just thought i'd double check ;-) Afterall, if some of peoples comments about them were as true as they say then surely the authorities wouldn't allow them to operate aircraft...ha.

I thought the butterfly thing was a long shot....wasn't really the butterflies I was interested in to be honest, more so the beauty of the valley.

@ Flosie.... As soon as were back i'll let you know exactly what the Ince apartments are like.....they seem a little far out from what I can gather but then again i've no idea how big Icmeler actually is so they could be ideal. Apart from one there seems to be nothing but positive recent reviews on trip advisor :D
Tiberius

Postby ajgaj » 02 Aug 2011 17:13

Also flew with Onur Air and they were fine only reason we dont use them now is the flight days and times dont fit into our holidays
ajgaj

Postby stevew » 02 Aug 2011 18:04

Hi Tiberius,
Take a walk round Icmeler http://www.icmeler360.com
Enjoy Steve
stevew

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area