Merhaba!

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Merhaba!

Postby janeypoos » 06 Jul 2011 16:31

Hi, I just thought I'd say hello as I'm new to this forum.

I first visited Icmeler in 1999 with my son Alexander (aged 2 at the time) and my parents. We stayed at the Sarigul (or Yellow Rose as it was then) apartments and had such a wonderful time.
The apartments were excellent and everybody we spoke to were just so warm and friendly. So much so that I returned 6 months later with Alexander as it was the safest place I could think of for a holiday just the two of us.

I met and fell in love with my sweetheart who worked in the bar opposite our hotel. He spoke no English and I could just about say hello, goodbye and thank you but that didn't matter to us :-)
We staying in touch daily when I returned to England and 6 weeks later myself and Alexander were stepping off the plane again at Dalaman for a holiday with Mehmet.
We continued like this for another 2 visits by which time Mehmet had moved to Kizkalesi for work so we visited there instead.

We moved to Kizkalesi later that year to be with Mehmet, staying for 6 months before Alexander had to start school.
We returned regularly, about 3 or 4 times a year until 2004 when Mehmet and I split up because I couldn't live with him in Turkiye and he couldn't live in England.
We still keep in touch daily which is lovely but bittersweet also as we both still want to be together.

Alexander and I will be coming to Icmeler to stay at the Sarigul apartments (revisiting old haunts, lol!) in August, our first time back in Turkiye in 7 years and 12 years since being in Icmeler, I'm sure it has changed greatly in that time!

We are hoping that Mehmet will come to visit while we are there but he is still in Kizkalesi and is in the process of buying into a partnership on a restaurant so may not be able to get away in August as it is his busiest time.

I can't wait to get back to Turkiye and to see whats new in Icmeler as I have nothing but happy memories :D
Going on the reviews I've read I think we will mainly be eating in the Kayra Pide and Hanedan as it is Turk food we are after not English/Indian/Chinese etc

Well that's our story, hope I've not bored you too much :D
Last edited by janeypoos on 16 Jul 2011 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
janeypoos

Advertisement

Re: Merhaba!

Postby reesy1959 » 06 Jul 2011 16:33

Welcome to the forum.

What a sad but lovely story. I hope Mehmet can come and visit you while you are in Icmeler, and I am sure you will still love the place as much as you did when you last visited.
reesy1959

Postby Fanny » 06 Jul 2011 17:50

Hi Janey and welcome to our merry little crew :wink:
Thanks for sharing, things always work out for the best in the end - whatever that may be.
Hope you have a lovely time
Fanny

Postby blondie » 06 Jul 2011 18:41

Hi Janey and welcome to the forum - hope it all works out for you in the end, and in any event, that you and Alexander have a lovely time in Icmeler.
blondie

Postby lizcoy » 06 Jul 2011 18:45

hi there welcome to the forum,what a love story hopefully you will still realise that icmeler is paradise to many people myself included and i hope you have a great holiday in august we are there from the 10th august staying in the old village also,good luck to you and your son xx liz
lizcoy

Postby tpott » 07 Jul 2011 07:37

Hi Janey
I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Icmeler. I hope you have a fabulous holiday and wish you all the best

Tracey :)
tpott

Advertisement

Postby janeypoos » 07 Jul 2011 10:38

Wow! :o
Thanks everyone for all your lovely welcomes and comments, pleased to meet you all :)

We arrive early hours 24/25th August and leave 5th September so if any of you are there at the same time you know where we'll be staying, come along and say hello and have an Efes :D

Mehmet secured the deal yesterday on his new bar/restaurant :(
If anyone knows anyone around the Kizkalesi/Mersin area then I can highly recommend they visit the Beyra Turku Bar, ask for Mehmet :)
janeypoos

Postby janeypoos » 07 Jul 2011 21:11

Wonderful news!
Mehmet IS still going to come to Icmeler to spend the holiday with us :D
I can't tell you how happy I am!!!!
After 6 yil I will be with my kocam again :D :D :D
janeypoos

Postby Fanny » 07 Jul 2011 21:18

That's great news Janeypoo! You must be sooo excited! sorry to say we'll miss you by a couple of days as we go home on 22 August
Fanny

Postby janeypoos » 07 Jul 2011 22:11

Thanks Fanny, I'm beside myself with anticipation! :-)
I just talked to Mehmet now and he is arranging his transportation :-)
It is a shame that you leave before we arrive, it would have been fun to meet up :-)
Mind you, you'll be able to give me the most up to date tips before I leave, lol! :-) xx
janeypoos

Postby Fanny » 07 Jul 2011 22:18

8) It'll be a pleasure Janeypoos
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby dotty » 15 Jul 2011 19:16

What a lovely story Janey, I sincerely hope things can work out between you and Mehmet. You must put in a full report when (and if) you return home. We're in Icmeler from 26 August staying at the Golmar, so you never know maybe our paths will cross, would be interesting to meet you. Good luck! x
dotty

Postby janeypoos » 16 Jul 2011 11:13

dotty wrote:What a lovely story Janey, I sincerely hope things can work out between you and Mehmet. You must put in a full report when (and if) you return home. We're in Icmeler from 26 August staying at the Golmar, so you never know maybe our paths will cross, would be interesting to meet you. Good luck! x

Thanks Dotty, honestly if it wasn't for my son's schooling we'd be away to Kizkalesi instead, lol!
janeypoos

Postby janeypoos » 05 May 2012 09:14

Just thought I'd give a quick update if anyone's still interested, lol!

Since being in Icmeler last August with Mehmet we are now properly back together. :)
I stayed with him in Kizkalesi last October and Alexander and I went for the Easter holidays too. I can't get back until August but have already booked flights for October, February and March and hopefully sometime around August 2013 it'll be one way tickets we're booking. :D

Being apart isn't so difficult this time around as the internet makes it so much easier to stay in touch and continue a relationship.

Anyway, that's where we're up to now, lol! :D
janeypoos

Postby dksbbs » 05 May 2012 10:12

janeypoos wrote:Just thought I'd give a quick update if anyone's still interested, lol!

Since being in Icmeler last August with Mehmet we are now properly back together. :)
I stayed with him in Kizkalesi last October and Alexander and I went for the Easter holidays too. I can't get back until August but have already booked flights for October, February and March and hopefully sometime around August 2013 it'll be one way tickets we're booking. :D

Being apart isn't so difficult this time around as the internet makes it so much easier to stay in touch and continue a relationship.

Anyway, that's where we're up to now, lol! :D

I wish you all the best and I hope you both achieve your goal of that one way flight next year.

Dave
dksbbs

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area