first timers!

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

first timers!

Postby snakebite127 » 30 Jun 2011 16:42

Hi,me and family are coming to icmeler 1st august,our first time to turkey,all tips gratefully accepted! Just a couple of things first,has anyone stayed at the turgay appts before? And secondly do you recommend changing money here or waiting until we get there? Really looking forward to our first trip :)
snakebite127

Advertisement

Re: first timers!

Postby Wimpy » 30 Jun 2011 17:36

Can't help with appartments, but we always take travellers cheques also welcome to the forum.
I am sure you will love Icmeler
Regards Wyn
Wimpy

Postby jayjay1950 » 30 Jun 2011 17:38

Hi and welcome snakebite127, i am sure you will enjoy your holiday to Icmeler and be converted just like we all are.We go on 6th August. There is lots of info that will be of help in the forum,i recomend u take a look at the map to help you find your way about
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 8e86a260a2
Maybe you would like to see Icmeler like street view
http://www.icmeler360.com/
We always change our money in Icmeler at a supermarket as you get a better rate. I cant help you with the Turgay apartments sorry but i am sure there will be someone who can help you with those.
Enjoy your trip and we will look foreward to your review and pics
jayjay1950

Postby annetta » 01 Jul 2011 07:55

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with apartments, sorry. I would change some money here, maybe about one or two hundred pounds worth, just so have some when you arrive, take the rest in travellers cheques (for added security) but don't change them in the exchange shops as you will get charged commision and get lower rate. Change your travellers cheques or sterling at the supermarkets, they usually give the best rates :) I'm sure you will have a great time in Icmeler and soon be addicted to it like most of us on the forum.
annetta

Postby snakebite127 » 01 Jul 2011 14:52

Thanks for the tips and the map links,I will try and plan our route out to the good bars/restaurants I've read about on the forum :D where to go first!
snakebite127

Postby mr magoo » 01 Jul 2011 15:38

hi snakebite,

we've stayed at the Turgay apartments 3 times. the last time was about 3 years ago, but I think it's still the same owners since then. great apartments, nice and clean and fairly small so you get to know the other guests. when we were there, our mad pool boy/barman/snackman/handyman was Ferdi, but when I saw him last year he was driving taxis. Josh, the owners son also worked there and I think he still does. He's a really nice, helpful bloke. the apartments are back in the old village vicinity and it's a 15-20 minute pleasant stroll into the centre and beach areas. Wembley bar, sidiks restaurant, ozzies, deja-vu are all close by and all these get good reviews for their food (as does nearly every place in Icmeler). pool area is fairly small, but nice. if you fancied a larger pool, Efem aparts almost next door has a great pool and they don't mind people using it as long as they buy a couple of drinks/snacks from their bar. that's the case with most aparts/hotels in the resort. sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

magoo
mr magoo

Advertisement

Postby snakebite127 » 01 Jul 2011 23:27

Cheers for that Mr magoo :D
snakebite127

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area