Icmeler bound

To welcome newbies to ICR and help them settle into our big ICR family, to wish Happy Birthdays, congratulate people on post counts etc

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler bound

Postby kinga » 15 Jun 2011 16:34

Hi there, my name is Mark and will be visiting Icmeler on Aug 1st with my fiance (Katie) and 1 year old daughter (Evie). We are from Northumberland, up on the beautiful coast.

We visited Marmaris in May this year and really enjoyed our trip, Katie was very apprehensive about visiting Turkey but after 1 day she was hooked and said "I never wanna go anywhere else"!, so on our return we decided to book a quieter place as we will only have Evie with us this time, hence the visit to Icmeler. In Marmaris we had our other two kids( 4 & 5) as well as the baby with us and it was a bit manic.

What made Katies and my holiday was the attitude and friendliness of the people. I've never met so genuinely nice people, some crossed the road to see the baby when I was out walking with her!! Made a proper fuss which was lovely.

Another reason we chose Icmeler was the range of fine restaurants that seem to be there, we like to eat traditional food, it took a bit of searching in Marmaris where they seem to cater for the English tourist, No, I dont want chips, mash, rice and baked potato on the same plate! :lol:

We are staying in the Ece apartments, while I cant seem to find much information on them, what I have found is good reading.

Anyway, that is us. Looking forward to our visit and gathering vital info off this great forum. 8)
kinga
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler bound

Postby dksbbs » 15 Jun 2011 17:07

Welcome to the forum, You will have a great holiday in August which will be hot hot hot so make sure the little one has plenty of shade and fluids.

I look forward to your review when you come back, In the mean time any questions ask away.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby adewolves » 15 Jun 2011 17:58

Yes kinga have a great holiday. We go in August and as said above be careful it is as hot as hell that time of year.
adewolves

Postby bethan88 » 23 Jun 2011 13:02

Have a great holiday! As others have said it is hot in august. I took my daughter in july when she was 13 months and she wanted to sleep most of the afternoon. Not a great idea when she refuses to sleep in her pushchair! Icmeler is a lovely place to take children :)
bethan88
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to ICR Welcome Area