Passport Renewal

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Passport Renewal

Postby toonarmybarmy » 04 Feb 2015 10:39

If you need to apply for or renew your passport, I would recommend doing it online.
You complete the application form online, then print a declaration form that you print and sign.
Then send the signed form with your new photos and old passport etc away.
I only posted mine last Tuesday and have just received a text message to say it is on it's way.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Advertisement

Re: Passport Renewal

Postby chezza100 » 04 Feb 2015 12:08

Thanks for sharing.

With the horror stories last year of people not receiving their passports weeks & weeks after applying & having to cancel their holidays, its good to hear something positive.
chezza100

Postby madazahatter » 04 Feb 2015 13:18

Didn't use the online service. Sent my Dad's passport off by snail mail last week and it came back completed in 5 days. Looks like the passport office have got their act together.
madazahatter

Postby acko338 » 04 Feb 2015 18:25

Did mine on line - there and back inside 9 days.

Finally got rid of my Carlos the Jackal passport photo !!

Always got more than one glance on every holiday trip !!
acko338

Postby dksbbs » 10 Feb 2015 12:26

did my daughters about three weeks ago, send second class post on the Monday received the new passport on the Friday, we also applied and paid on-line, signed the declaration, send it off with the old passport and new photos.

Excellent service.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby Sami » 17 Feb 2015 11:51

I'm glad you have all good feedback about new passports. I've got a few days away in March but passport is fine. However my Turkey visit in May is a different story as my passport runs out in July. Bit annoying but will have to renew it early to have enough time on it on my return. Might do it online.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby toonarmybarmy » 25 Feb 2015 09:04

Sami wrote:Bit annoying but will have to renew it early to have enough time on it on my return. Might do it online.

Sami, they will add any remaining time onto the new one.

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Postby dragon » 01 Mar 2015 12:56

Rang the Passport Office as couldn't understand their new ruling on photos. Apparently if your old photo can still be used to identify you then you can use your old photo. The daft thing is, you still have to send in a new photo taken in the last 30 days. If they agree that your old photo is ok when compared with your new one they'll use your old one. If they consider that you've changed they'll return your new photo to you to be countersigned and resubmitted. So how can they possibly think that there is any point in using your old photo. It just makes the whole procedure take longer. I just don't believe it! I must be changing into Victor Meldrew lol.
dragon

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.