Airport queries arrival & departure

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Airport queries arrival & departure

Postby Sparklegirls » 12 May 2014 09:01

Hi it's been 6 years since we have been to Turkey! The last 6 years we have been going to destinations in Europe anyways I have a few quick queries some may be obvious or may have been previously mentioned so apologies in advance! :)

Here goes ...

We are travelling from Glasgow on Friday we have booked everything separately as my friend got great deals at the time! We are flying with Thomas cook jus to confirm is it 3 hours before departure you check in? Does any one know I have this timeframe in my mind for some reason so any comments welcome!

When we arrive in dalaman has the airport layout changed? Any info or tips welcome!

Question on transfer we have a private transfer booked how long does transfers usually take 1.5 hrs? Was there a new road built to speed transfers time? Not sure if my head has made this up or if I've missed heard others talking?

Many thanks please feel free to leave any comments thanks for taking the time to read & reply!
If your in icmeler on Friday i will be happy to purchase you an efes lol :D :lol: :lol:
Sparklegirls

Advertisement

Re: Airport queries arrival & departure

Postby mansy » 12 May 2014 09:36

Sparklegirls, we allow ourselves 3 hours at airport, then we have a wander round & a bit of lunch or a coffee. Don't like rushing.

Not a lot of change at Dalaman airport. There is a new road.

We have a private transfer and it normally takes 1 1/4 hours. No stops, water provided.
When we took the shuttle bus the transfer took ...4 hours once. We were slowly losing the will to live.
After the 4th time round Marmaris past the same hotel we were seriously thinking of getting off and catching a Dolmus to Icmeler.

Enjoy your holiday. We'll miss out on the EFES as we fly out 4th June, but buy one & think of all the forum members as you drink it. Cheers
mansy

Postby Sparklegirls » 12 May 2014 10:55

mansy wrote:Sparklegirls, we allow ourselves 3 hours at airport, then we have a wander round & a bit of lunch or a coffee. Don't like rushing.

Not a lot of change at Dalaman airport. There is a new road.

We have a private transfer and it normally takes 1 1/4 hours. No stops, water provided.
When we took the shuttle bus the transfer took ...4 hours once. We were slowly losing the will to live.
After the 4th time round Marmaris past the same hotel we were seriously thinking of getting off and catching a Dolmus to Icmeler.

Enjoy your holiday. We'll miss out on the EFES as we fly out 4th June, but buy one & think of all the forum members as you drink it. Cheers

Fantastic thanks mansy we like to do the same at the airport so 3 hours will be good!
I'm going to email the transfer company find out what we have booked hopefully it's the hour 1/4 the sooner the better!
I can imagine few years ago we were 2.5 hours that was terrible so I feel your pain on the 4hours!
Great thanks for your reply hopefully the sun will be shinning & we will have a toast to all the forum members!
Not that long until you will be there either :D
Sparklegirls

Postby JT » 12 May 2014 13:02

I could be wrong as time flies so fast but there probably would be a big change at Dalaman airport as you will be landing at a new terminal, road is a lot better and travel times are now cut down
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby daisysun » 12 May 2014 20:55

We like to have plenty of time so book our taxi to take us to the airport quite early leaving enough time in case anything goes wrong without stressing. Then enjoy having a coffee etc like mansy, in the airport with no rushing. After all your holidays(in my eyes) start when at the airport. Plus I like to know im all safely checked in and not going to miss that flight
daisysun

Postby noodles1609 » 13 May 2014 21:06

When we came back last week all but a very small section or two of the road was totally finished which was a great deal of progress from when we arrived 9 days earlier. I expect it's all completed by now. If you've not been for 6 years it'll all look very different - most important for me at Dalaman - through passport control, down the escalator to the right and keep on going - for the loo ;) Then you have a good 10 mins or so to browse duty free before your case arrives - Enjoy :)
noodles1609

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.