credit card fraud

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

credit card fraud

Postby sandybeach » 30 Aug 2013 21:53

I had read on Facebook about people who had used resort hoppa has had unauthorised items charged to their account. Maybe it is a coincidence but I received my bank statement today and I have 3 payments for the London Underground & £55.60 each and a top ups for a phone to O2 in slough. I live in Hampshire so these charges are definitely not mine. Thank god I am using icr for my transfers this time and not resort hoppa like I did in June. If you need to remove this post due to legal reasons John , I am sorry for posting but felt I should warn anyone who has used resort hoppa to check their bank statements very carefully .
sandybeach

Advertisement

Re: Resort hoppa / credit card fraud

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 31 Aug 2013 05:22

not related to resort hopper but should always keep an eye on your accounts, i've had my bank card cloned twice in 5 months! i also live in hampshire funnily enough ...
Amy- Mansfield

Postby JT » 31 Aug 2013 08:22

I would check the petrol stations you are using as they seem to be on top in this area for the source of fraud
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 31 Aug 2013 15:35

i don't have a car atm JT so not using petrol stations, i only really use cash machines in Guildford so i'm avoiding them from now on! x
Amy- Mansfield

Postby bikerjambo » 31 Aug 2013 19:56

We had a card cloned after using it in Salou a few years ago, in an official tabac shop of all places. CC company were on the ball and phoned to ask if we were buying National Express tickets at less than £2 each (fraudsters will normally try a few low transactions to see if they go through).
We now have all cards banned from foreign transactions unless we tell them dates beforehand.
bikerjambo

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 31 Aug 2013 21:23

both times my card has been cloned it was for £300+ transactions abroad and ive already notified them when ill be out of the country and where, the banks usually are pretty good luckily! x
Amy- Mansfield

Advertisement

Re: credit card fraud

Postby JT » 01 Sep 2013 00:56

Sorry have edited the title slightly as it could damage
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.