drinking own drink on flight

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

drinking own drink on flight

Postby geordiedave1964 » 03 Jul 2013 15:39

Does anyone take there own drink on flight either minatures or buy it duty free in uk airport.
geordiedave1964

Advertisement

Re: drinking own drink on flight

Postby blondie » 03 Jul 2013 15:57

I may be wrong, but I don't think you're allowed to drink your own alcohol on board a flight. Not sure if it's actually illegal or just against airline rules...
blondie

Postby hagarg » 03 Jul 2013 16:12

no your not but we have never been stopped what we do is purchase two bottles at duty free one for our turkish and the other for ourselves we then purchase two bottles of coke as we like vodka i then top up the coke bottles with vodka in the toilet as we have already drank some and we have our drink for on the plane bit sneaky but who cares
hagarg

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 03 Jul 2013 19:59

On our flight a couple of weeks ago an announcement was made by cabin manager reminding people that drinking your own alcohol onboard was not allowed. This is the first time I have ever heard such an announcement being made.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby Sami » 04 Jul 2013 09:02

sunlover loch lomond wrote:On our flight a couple of weeks ago an announcement was made by cabin manager reminding people that drinking your own alcohol onboard was not allowed. This is the first time I have ever heard such an announcement being made.

I heard the same announcement. Before now I have seen people opening and drinking their own duty free alcohol but were asked by the cabin crew to stop doing so. If people drink their own it is stopping them buying on the aircraft so I can see why your not allowed, plus the fact they have no control of the consumption which if you are purchasing drink upon drink, they can refuse you. Its about control.
Sami

Postby sunseeker2011 » 04 Jul 2013 09:53

I just buy a couple of lagers on the plane on the way out - after all it's only 4.5 hours max - surely you can wait until you get to resort before hitting the booze - agree with Sami though, it is mainly about control...
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

Postby JT » 04 Jul 2013 11:41

I flew into Dalaman Monday evening and had a few drinks of my own as well as a few from the stewardess

There was a Polish guy on there that when we landed we were told he had been abusive to the staff on the plane due to alcohol and the police came on board and arrested him
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby dksbbs » 04 Jul 2013 11:57

I have had the odd minature purchased in the airport, I buy the mixer on board, I understand the reasoning though as I have had seen some idiots who have got that drunk on their own duty free they have caused havock, in 2003 on a THomas Cook flight, one lad of a group of about 10 was caught smoking in the toilet, when we landed at Dalaman two of them were out of their seats getting their luggage out of the lockers while we were still decelerating down the runway, the Captain bought the plane to a stop before the terminal and refused to continue until they sat down, I couldn't believe they were allowed to disembark with no police being called however they stayed at a hotel which had the same Rep as us and she informed us that their return tickets had been cancelled and they had been informed they were banned from any future TC flights.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby blondie » 04 Jul 2013 13:26

Good on TC for banning them! We had a similar experience a few years back with two women who were the same - drunk and abusive throughout the flight - and they had young kids with them! One kept trying to stand up and open one of the panels above her head because she thought it should have a TV in it! Eventually the head stewardess told them their return ticket would be cancelled and they would be banned from future TC flights, and also added to a list of disruptive passengers which is circulated to other airlines...
blondie

Postby Caltonian » 09 Jul 2013 19:13

hagarg wrote:no your not but we have never been stopped what we do is purchase two bottles at duty free one for our turkish and the other for ourselves we then purchase two bottles of coke as we like vodka i then top up the coke bottles with vodka in the toilet as we have already drank some and we have our drink for on the plane bit sneaky but who cares

We did the exact same thing last year, and will be doing so again this year :D

If they didn't try to rip you off with their drink and food prices, people would be more inclined to buy their stuff.
Caltonian

Postby feefee1970 » 03 Sep 2013 14:24

onur air sold a group off 4 lads a bottle off vodka on the strict understanding they behaved and they did

but I don't think I risk this it was a few years back drunks on planes aint good
feefee1970

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.