suntan cream

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

suntan cream

Postby geordiespurs » 28 Apr 2011 17:37

i was just wondering how much suntan cream every one takes, there are two of us and a little one who is 8, and i always worry we wont take enough
geordiespurs

Advertisement

Re: suntan cream

Postby dragon » 28 Apr 2011 18:31

I always take too much suntan cream with us so last year I made a note of how much we actually used. I know you're supposed to use more but we used two bottles each in total. My daughter and I begin on high factor creams and then go down to a mid range one. My OH begins on mid range ones and then goes down to low factor creams so we finish off the high factor bottle that my OH starts. It's worth taking a little extra as it's more expensive to buy in Icmeler because at home we can have the BOGOF offers and buy from places such as Home Bargains.

There's an interesting article in today's Daily Mail on
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... cream.html

I think the recommended amounts are OTT. Hope this helps. :)
dragon

Postby adewolves » 28 Apr 2011 18:36

We took a lot last year but I need the oil being a bloke as the cream just sticks in the airs of my arm, but the 4 of us got through about 4 bottles. I actually bought some there from the little supermarket by the 3 bells (christmas 3 bells) and they had an offer on and it was cheaper than over here even with the bogoffs. I think I paid 8 or 9 lira for a bottle of nivea spray, factor 40.
adewolves

Postby Chocoholic » 28 Apr 2011 21:11

I take a medium factor plus a small sunblock in case of burning (shoulders especially tend to burn) then when I have a tan in the second week I go onto the carrot stuff in the plastic pots you get there as it gives you a lovely deep tan, its about 15 lira but well worth it as you cant get it here- if I have any left I bring home to use here.
Chocoholic

Postby Danny » 29 Apr 2011 13:19

imagine if i a family of four had to take twenty bottles of sun cream i would be charge excess bagage every tme i go to icmeler i think this is totally over the top i always take two for the kids and two for us and we always have plenty :D
Danny

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.