Dalaman Airport

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Dalaman Airport

Postby ashington44 » 19 Apr 2011 21:06

We got caught out last year by the prices charged for food and drink at Dalaman. Has anyone taken their own sarnies through passenger control?
ashington44

Advertisement

Re: Dalaman Airport

Postby holly » 19 Apr 2011 21:30

hi never buy at dalaman always take sandwiches crisps
and just buy small water if needed no props taking these
through
holly

Postby dimrie » 19 Apr 2011 21:59

A lot of people take their own food and snacks and its not a problem

Diane :D
dimrie

Postby Chocoholic » 19 Apr 2011 22:03

Same as the above post. I always take pack up and buy a small water at Dalaman, they do not object to sandwiches etc at the airport, just liquids. I always get a bar/restaurant to make me up sandwiches, they are always nice and very reasonably priced- any bar or apartment will be happy to do this. Just pre-order the day before for choice of filling.
Chocoholic

Postby Jay Trip » 19 Apr 2011 22:41

I buy 100ml plastic bottles from Poundland and fill them with water.
I put 5 into the regulation plastic bags and put them on the tray at security.
It doest have to be just water as long as its in 100ml bottles they are fine. :lol:
Jay Trip

Postby ashington44 » 19 Apr 2011 23:04

Thanks to everyone for the advice. We will take food with us from one of the bars. No more silly priced Mc D's
ashington44

Advertisement

Postby dragon » 19 Apr 2011 23:23

Jay Trip wrote:I buy 100ml plastic bottles from Poundland and fill them with water.
I put 5 into the regulation plastic bags and put them on the tray at security.
It doest have to be just water as long as its in 100ml bottles they are fine. :lol:

We do the same. We also take rolls/sandwiches, crisps etc with us. I've only ever paid Dalaman prices once and I felt as if I'd been mugged. Never again! I don't mind paying over the odds but I don't want to be ripped-off.
dragon

Postby kentcabbie » 20 Apr 2011 02:05

Perhaps one day they might realise that getting a 500% mark up from a few people is not as good as getting 50% off hundreds( and keeping the hundreds happy.)
or is it that they think tourists are mugs.
kentcabbie

Postby icmelersun » 20 Apr 2011 03:10

On our way home in October we didn't take anything to airport even though we usually do. Was looking at prices and was never paying any of the prices offered by McD's etc. Went over to sit at the little balcony type and looked around - was so surprised to see a sign on a quiet stall type burger place showing Burger,Chips and Drink 8YTL. Didn't think it could be correct so went up and asked and it was :o Ordered it and was all made fresh came with ketchup and mayo and was actually a lot couldn't finish it !! No one else seemed to notice this or else just assumed it was the same prices as the others. Must be hidden from the others as they are more expensive and they can make more money from tourists :lol: Don't know if the prices are still the same but look out for it and check as it was a really tasty burger especially knowing that everyone sitting about 5 mins from me had paid nearly triple what i had :lol:
icmelersun

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 20 Apr 2011 16:43

was in alanya 10 days ago
and when i came back i had an argument with the guy at antalya airport when i went to try and buy water and he tried to give me euro's back when i gave him lira as he had no lira in his till
i told him that i live in the UK and there is no way of my spending euro coins so i wanted lira pounds or nothing
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby fifegirl » 21 Apr 2011 22:04

icmelersun wrote:On our way home in October we didn't take anything to airport even though we usually do. Was looking at prices and was never paying any of the prices offered by McD's etc. Went over to sit at the little balcony type and looked around - was so surprised to see a sign on a quiet stall type burger place showing Burger,Chips and Drink 8YTL. Didn't think it could be correct so went up and asked and it was :o Ordered it and was all made fresh came with ketchup and mayo and was actually a lot couldn't finish it !! No one else seemed to notice this or else just assumed it was the same prices as the others. Must be hidden from the others as they are more expensive and they can make more money from tourists :lol: Don't know if the prices are still the same but look out for it and check as it was a really tasty burger especially knowing that everyone sitting about 5 mins from me had paid nearly triple what i had :lol:

Hi there.I saw that place when i was in the airport last sept.im not really a burger eater but it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I always go self catering when im in Icmeler, so buy rolls and cheese etc and crisps to make up and eat at the airport.I get annoyed when i have to hand over a bottle of water at the check in then have to fork out a fortune for one in the airport. If they kept the prices down then more people would buy stuff from them.I feel sorry for families with young kids , as it must cost thgem an arm and a leg to eat there,
fifegirl

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 21 Apr 2011 23:39

will have to have a look round and find this place :) good to know thanks
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.