OVERSTAYING

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

OVERSTAYING

Postby zooniverse » 05 Jan 2011 01:31

hey all
I spent my summer in turkey this year, after 3 months i took a trip 2 rhodes in aug even tho there was all this hoo har about the new visa..not ture at all as was easy peasy just like normal anyway i wanted to come home for christmas so would have 2 leave the country november 10th however i left november 12th stupidly thinking there wouldnt be a problem. As i was leaving the country at the airport i was told i had 2 pay i fine of 156 lira but i didnt have any money 2 pay this fine therefore my passport was photocopied and i was given paper telling me i was banned for 5years (bit steap) unless i applied for my next visa at the turkish consulate in london. I took all my documents to london applied for the visa and they said yes and have now sent it off to the turkish missions abroad to get there aprovel, i know have to wait 6 weeks to hear anything and im going out of my mind. im wondering if anyone else is in this situation and could share there story? i was wondering if all this is a waste of time and they may just turn round and refuse me OR it could be real simple and easy to get ???

ANY IDEASSS??

thanks
zooniverse xxxxx
zooniverse
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: OVERSTAYING

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 05 Jan 2011 13:37

hiya sorry to hear about your troubles
i stayed in turkey for 91 days this summer so i had to go to rhodes just for one extra day
but i had been warned by everyone that i had spoken to not to chance it because the turkish authorities are so strict when it comes to overstaying on the tourist visas
i hope the change doesnt go ahead as i wont be able to stay as much as i like and im sure it will limit many others too
hope they accept you :)
let us all know please how it turns out
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.