Monarch Airlines

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

Monarch Airlines

Postby nikkic » 19 Jul 2010 18:40

Hello everyone,

We were booked to go with goldtrail but obviously with what's happened we have had to get some new flights quick!!
Have never flown with monarch before so was just wondering what they are like? Do they have in-flight entertainment? Do you get a meal? How comfortable are the seats or will it be a journey with my knees round my ears? :lol:
Thanks in advance for any of your replys and anyone else that has been caught up with this goldtrail mess i hope you all get sorted soon!

Nikki :D
nikkic

Advertisement

Re: Monarch Airlines

Postby bighands » 19 Jul 2010 18:47

Hi Not flown with them for a few years but they do remain my alltime fav airline.

The food was as good as you would get for an airline meal, they did have inflight entertainment the last time i flew with them and cant recall any issues regarding space between seats and i am 6'.4".

Hope this helps
bighands

Postby Not the weakest link » 19 Jul 2010 18:53

There wasnt any leg room for me last year, but it was a horrid early hours morning flight home. think it was a 767 we were on. it was a 3-3-3 configuration. so i wouldnt have been comfy at any rate.

Daughter flying with them on 26th, extra leg room seats are £50 return which i think is very good. Also the extra leg room seats were i'm led to believe the premium cabin once upon a time so you can actually have children in leg room seats, cos they're not at the exits.

There was a film last year but you rented headphones so we didnt bother and we had a meal which was free. Also they have 20kg luggage allowance unlike tommy cooks.

Bev
Not the weakest link

Postby jackonews » 19 Jul 2010 19:06

we have just booked with them for 5th september,nothing to do with goldtrail,just the best combination of flights out and back that suited me.
have flown with them about 5 times in march time down to tenerife and dont remember having any problem but i am not very tall.
only thing i dont like is you book with monarch,who are contracted by avro and the invoice comes and its with cosmos,so many parts of the jig saw that could go wrong...........lets hope it all goes smoothly and the industry settles down again.
Like the 20kg baggage allowance,but if you wanted to buy excess 5kg its £37.50 each way or £7.50 per kg.?hope the wife can keep the shoes under control....she allways tells me its the toiletries.
Think they are pretty reliable on flight times,unless they give priority to the schedule flights i.e. that go to tenerife daily.
i am sure we will be ok with monarch
jackonews

Postby buesky » 19 Jul 2010 20:54

Hi, we went with monarch back in September from stansted and on that flight we had entertainment and not much leg room, as for a meal it was FREE ! but we were caught out the previous year as we paid for a meal and the person who sat next to us didn't ask for a meal, and he was told meals are free on that flight, BUT my daughter flew to Cyprus with monarch from luton three weeks ago and no meals were served :?: .
buesky
New User
New User

Postby LynnJenny » 19 Jul 2010 22:10

we have flown with them i found them ok
LynnJenny

Advertisement

Postby John V » 20 Jul 2010 06:20

Have not used Monarch Airlines for going to Turkey but have done on a couple of Long Haul trips and I rate them very highly as good as or even better than other Holiday Companies.
John V

Postby itobradshaw1 » 20 Jul 2010 07:40

If i had lost my holidays with goldtrail i would be glad to fly by kite as long as we got there.We were with monarch a few years ago as good as any other have a good one after all the trouble you have had
itobradshaw1

Postby Eatock08 » 22 Jul 2010 20:05

I flew with Monach on my last holiday which I just got back from on Monday! The seats are OK, inflight meal included and there was only TV shows being shown as the in flight entertainment.

I've used Monach for the last three years and don't think I'll use anyone else but them.

Alison
Eatock08

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.