What to do when we arrive?

For all your hints and tips to make your holiday to Turkey as easy and as comfortable as possible.

Moderator: blondie

What to do when we arrive?

Postby daddylanc » 15 Jul 2010 21:09

Our flight lands at 21.20. Which means we are looking at arriving at the appartment at about 23.30.

We are staying directly behind the Marti, is there somewhere close that I can pick up a few things from that is open that late? Nothing too much, just the essentials like beer and wine to help unwind after the long journey.

Many thanks.

Oh and some water in case the kids get thirsty. :lol:
daddylanc

Advertisement

Re: What to do when we arrive?

Postby MoodyBlue » 15 Jul 2010 21:22

I took a box of wine in my suitcase!
MoodyBlue

Postby dksbbs » 15 Jul 2010 21:24

Most mini supermarkets are 24Hr.

Drop your bags off and take a walk, you will quickly come across a supermarket in that area where you can pick what you need. Then go and have a nice cold Efes.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby terry » 15 Jul 2010 21:26

Daddylanc, is that the marti resort, if so, just outside there rear entrance is a small supermarket that stays open well into the night, if the marti la perla, come out of the main entrance turn right to the canal on the left hand side you will find another supermarket, enjoy your stay, both are great hotels.
terry

Postby Chocoholic » 15 Jul 2010 21:38

I laughed when I read that you had wrote you will neeed essentials on arrival-beer and wine! Great minds think alike as I would also consider them essential as would many on here lol! :D
Chocoholic

Postby daddylanc » 15 Jul 2010 21:44

terry wrote:Daddylanc, is that the marti resort, if so, just outside there rear entrance is a small supermarket that stays open well into the night, if the marti la perla, come out of the main entrance turn right to the canal on the left hand side you will find another supermarket, enjoy your stay, both are great hotels.

We're not staying in the Marti, we're staying in the sun blue. I've had a look on google earth, and I think this is located just behind the Marti resort hotel. as long as there is somewhere open I'll be ok. Will probably go for a wander while the wife put the kids to bed. I may even get lost, is it compulsory to buy a drink in a bar if you go in to ask for directions? :D :wink:
daddylanc

Advertisement

Postby terry » 15 Jul 2010 22:40

Have put my specks on now, looks as if you are very close to the canal, on one photo it looks close to the hotel 47, which in june was closed. Good location for beach, bars,etc, you will have no trouble to find a cool efes.
terry

Postby eddie » 15 Jul 2010 23:05

hi the sun blue apts have a super market right next to them open 24 hrs ,you can also change money there really nice guy ,100 yds from beach weve got 10 weeks to go and well be there second time this year ,enjoy your hols .
eddie

24 hr supermarkets

Postby geordiedave1964 » 16 Jul 2010 06:53

hi i arrive in icmeler at about 6am on the 1st aug will there be anywhere open where i can get my provisions in? i would rather get them in early so as not to shop in the daytime i am supposed to be next to a supermarket as im in the club tokmak apartments
geordiedave1964

Re: 24 hr supermarkets

Postby Elayne » 16 Jul 2010 09:48

hi i do know the store under icr office is open 24 hrs
Elayne

• Advertisement

Return to General Holiday Tips and Advice.