August-September

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

August-September

Postby jivebunnie0 » 04 Oct 2009 20:44

Thought it was about time I wrote my review.

Our flight from Stansted left over an hour late because someone had been taken ill on the plane which we were waiting to board, and it took that long to get an ambulance from outside the airport. However, the pilot made very good time and we arrived safely at Dalaman, bags collected at record speed, and onto our ICR transfer, which took 1 hour and 10 minutes to get us to Icmeler while we slept. As if an internal alarm clock had gone off, I woke up to see the twinkling lights of Marmaris appear, and I knew I was nearly home.

We were shown to our room at the Kontes Beach and went straight to bed for about 4 hours, although I was too excited to sleep much. The first day was spent saying our hello's and introducing our friend who was an Icmeler virgin, to our friends. Kontes Beach hotel has a great location, the rooms are clean and comfortable, although 1 criticism is that the towels are not much bigger than flannels, and have seen better days. Breakfasts are typically Turkish, which I love, (Husband doesnt, but he puts up with cornflakes and bread). The staff are reasonably friendly, unless you dont eat at their restaurant, in which case you get ignored! :? Book a table for their Turkish night, and you have friends for life!!!! :)

After a few days, our friends whom we had met on the beach last year, arrived, and we had a reunion meal at the Manodolin Restaurant, with lots of chat and laughter.
My husband was celebrating a 'big' birthday in September, with a party arranged back home, although some of our friends were not going to be able to join us, so, we booked a private gulet for a day, and did our own party on board, with cake and champagne, courtesy of the captain. It was a fabulous day, and one we will never forget.

Most other days were spent chilling on the beach, with all our needs attended to by Ibrahim. We enjoyed some wonderful meals at Karem, Venice, The Love Boat, and Majestic, to name but a few. We paid two visits to The Stella Show, the second visit our friend was 'star of the show' (as he was a single guy) and was picked on, and took it all in good heart.....we have never laughed so much for a long time...Thanks Chris!

A special thanks to the fabulous guys in the Dream Three Bells, who also gave us endless fun and laughter, and a second birthday party for Mayk (Mike - my husband). We have some wonderful photos, videos and best of all our memories.

Prices were very much the same as last year, although the exchange rate was much kinder this year, at 2.41 Fingers crossed it will be even better next year......yes we have booked already, and I'm already on my countdown of sleeps!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
jivebunnie0

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews