skillys hol

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

skillys hol

Postby skilly » 19 Sep 2009 14:49

I have just finished washing & about to start ironing but thought i would try to put in words one of the best hols we have had in Icmeler :D
We were picked up at 3.20am on Sept 3rd to go to Manchester, got through check in pretty quickly and sat down for the long wait for our 7am flight. Met a lovely couple and chatted away ,the time flew. I bought my perfume as usual.
We saw Eileen Grimshaw ( Sue Cleaver from Corrie) she looks so much slimmer in real life. Someone said they had also seen Dierdre.

Just before we were due to board our flight at the gate an alarm went off asking everyone to evacuate the building, we were shepherded out into the cold & rain for about 20 mins brrr until the all clear was given. I think it was a false fire alarm but later heard it was a bomb scare. Our flight took off 1 hour late and despite the wind & rain we hardly had any turbulence at all.

Landed at Dalaman and cases came off pretty quickly, the airport was unusually quiet, I think there was only our plane landed at that time. Got on the transfer coach and when we arrived in Marmaris the guests that were going to Icmeler were taken straight there on a minibus so we didn't have to drop off all over Marmaris first. I thouht this was quite good :)

Landed at Ercanhan Hotel at 5.30pm approx. This hotel seems to have had a few bad reviews but we found it to be great. The front restaurant has been refurbished or newly built I am not sure, but it looks really classy. We had about 3 meals there and they were quite nice.
The head waiter Ozzy, did try to ask us to eat there more often but was not too pushy and used to joke with us about it so I never felt uncomfortable.

The rest of the staff were quite pleasant. The room was adequate, good shower and lots of hot water. The only downside was that there was not a lot of storage space.

We also ate at Florida , Captain Bullshits, Miami Bar(with Onbasi), Buffalo Bar, and the chippy across from there. We also had snacks at Sevgi & Heaven and also Sony bar in Old village.We didn't have a bad meal.

Went into ICR office and met Donna, lovely welcoming lady. She made us laugh so much :D

I sang karaoke in Buffalo Bar and Aysima, I enjoyed it, not too sure about everyone else :oops:

We got marooned in Havana Bar one night due to the torrential rain, the streets were flooded. Zsa Zsa made sure we all had a good time. He must be the funniest man in Icmeler

We went on C....... B.......'s boat trip and had a great day . Bought a dvd of the day with lots of memories.

We also went to the Talk of the Town in Marmaris with our friends. I was not too sure of this because I'm not that keen on drag artists but didn't want to be a party pooper. I enjoyed it so much, my sides were splitting with laughing. They also did good impressions of Annie Lennox, Celine Dion and Duffy, we will definitley go again, well worth the money.

We went on tour of Icmeler on the motorbike, it was exhilarating to say the least!!
We met Eddie (Eddie & Gwen) from the forum in Miami bar and also someone whose name was Chocta (or something like that ) also in Miami from Scottish Highlands who said she was a member of the forum but doesn't post very much.
I also met Amanda from the forum but i have forgotten her forum name, in fact she lives in the same town as me, very pleasant girl.

We went into Marmaris a couple of times to see our friend Erdogan in the Birol restaurant and to visit the castle.

Made lots of new Turkish and English friends and even though i thought this would be my last year in Icmeler because I thought I was getting bored with it, I am already looking to book next year.
We spent a lot of time on the beach near Kontes Hotel.We were looked after there by Nafis & his mum who were lovely .
I think Icmeler was much more busy than I have ever seen it before and the people we met who were fist timers all said they were coming back next year but not all inclusive as most of them seemed to have opted for.

There was one incident that upset us. A young Englishman drowned after going swimming in the sea at night ( not too sure what happened really) but really sad.

All too soon our holiday was at an end and we were picked up a little bit late at 9pm for our journey to Dalaman, where they were very strict on luggage that was overweight.
Good flight home and landed in Manchester about 3.45am. Feel great after good hol but must return to reality on Monday :(
skilly

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews