Our aug 2009 holiday

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Our aug 2009 holiday

Postby Not the weakest link » 29 Aug 2009 21:15

Monarch flight

We were on the 18.15 which was chaos, it was non an Airbus A300 so had around 400 people on it, some people only just got on check in with minutes to spare, we queued for 1.5 hours and we were there for 3pm. Last nights check in at Dalaman we got there for 11pm and waited for check in to open.

However, check in man wasn’t awake he said we had 6 cases and we only had 5 I was prepared to even state the colours and scratches if necessary, so they tried to charge for extra 20kgs, but then he must have realised.
Horrible night flight, no leg room, so landed at 5am this morning at Manchester very tired still not caught up with myself.

Apartments

Second year staying at Vinces, we enjoyed ourselves, Kenan and Adem were there from last year, we ate there a couple of times and went to Richards Place most times because the girls being older teenagers preferred the entertainment, must admit I enjoyed a livelier atmosphere. Did get sick of country road though.

Air conditioning was £50 for the 2 weeks, keeping room on till 6 on last day was £15, it did help as there wasn’t really a courtesy shower that I was aware of.

The location of the apartments I do like being on a central road location but its not everyones cup of tea, as it could get to noisy for people. Can be quite noisy from the Elvis bar even after music stopped.

However, I do think they are in need of a refurb now mainly the shower area and the taps have either lost all the chrome or its limescale not sure which.

Hassle

Barons is as bad as ever, he just doesn’t know when to shut up, he did get told quite bluntly after interrupting a conversation we were having while pondering which way to go to the cash machines, that we would not be eating at his restaurant and we had seen his menu over the years rhank you very much.

The beach

We found the public part of the beach for the first time, even though we’re been 5 times before.

You could go to Icmeler and still not see the whole area if you were there for 3 months a year!

We sat on the rocks on the jetty which was nice to watch the fish and people and the scenary. But my god people complain about the restaurant hassle, you should try walking from the canal market down to the munamar end, after the first 10 sunbeds sellers, all politeness goes away, no we didnt want a sunbed.

The first boat trip person at the munamar end on a separate day said you want boat trip blah blah, I said no thank you, he said you are bad as Germans, so we weren’t impressed with him.

Leather jacket man

I took up Shaz’s recommendation for a leather jacket from the man in Marmaris, he is a bit hard sell and tried to sell belts, mens jackets, jackets for the girls and I just kept saying no, I had no spare money as I hadn’t really planned on buying a leather jacket. Have yet to properly wear it but hopefully will replace my winter coat.
Icmeler generally and the leather is lovely and soft.

Icmeler

I still enjoyed it, the hassle is still there but most of the time it was bearable, the beach sellers I don’t remember being that bad, unless I hadn’t usually walked that far down, usually you know which bit you go to and cut through as appropriate.

It was quite sad to see the number of shops and bars shut down especially near the 3 bells.

Someone said music would be allowed to play later next year till 4am, not sure at all abo0ut that or whether its rumours etc.

But on Thursday night, there was a policeman and obvious town hall official going in bars, it would appear to check on the no dancing on bar rules, which they all break anyway, and I think the smoking in the bars because they moved an ash tray from this Turkish guy who had been smoking inside . They went in Wonderboys, and spoke to Richard and must surely have gone to Oscars and Elvis.

If i won some money tomorrow i would be back - allbeit trying to avoid night flights and get legroom seats! :lol:
Not the weakest link

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews