Dodgy Dave and co 27th july to 10th aug

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Dodgy Dave and co 27th july to 10th aug

Postby DODGY DAVE » 19 Aug 2009 18:45

Here we go then
flights from leeds on time and 3 hours and 50 minutes later , landed in a very hot and sticky Dalaman .
I.C.R. transfer was waiting for us and the seven of us were on our way within minutes of leaving the airport .1 and a half hours later we were in our second home that is Icmeler .
Arrived at Dilhan hotel just as the star barman Oz was closing . Soon put a stop to that , kept Oz up for another hour while we had our first second and third bottles of Efes .
The Dilhan is only a 2 star hotel but is very clean and at a tenner a night b and b in july , august with I.C.R. it is marvelous . Breakfast is turkish ( not much choice but as much as you want of it ), Lunch/snack menu does lovely chips ,burgers ,ommelettes and toasted sandwiches .
No evening meals so you can please yourself wether you eat out or bring something in ( extra portion for Oz ) there is no pressure at all .
The pool is one of the cleanest that I have seen in Turkey and have been there seven times now at various hotels and apparts . when the hotel is full however you need to be up early to grab a sunbed or three as there will only be chairs and tables left after about 8 ish.
Through the day Oz kept us all fed and watered but again no pressure to buy from the bar , we brought in fresh fruit every day to eat by the pool .The bar stays open until the last person leaves and then Oz closes his world famous joke book or he nods off on the bar .We did the I.C.R. A/I boat and the food was the best we have had on our numerous boat trips .Stopped off for a couple of hours in Turunc and then dropped off in Icmeler , not Marmaris where we set off from .
The kids did the Horse safari . All the girls and Ben did the turkish bath , We also swam with the Dolphins which was awesome over 30 mins in water with splash the Dolphin.
The trainer was excellent and had the girls touching the dolphins teeth and tongue and had a water fight with it . She was very informative and caring for the dolphin.
When it was time to leave the water , Splash came up on to the ramp and was cuddled , scratched and kissed by its very adoring trainer .

We ate out at
Masala (twice ) sizzling beef mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tin Tin
Lighthouse ( pavlova mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Efes inn ( twice )cheap and as good as you can get any where
Harmony ( stella show )
Amigos ( full english )
Kingsland ( set meal )
Fryer Tucks ( fish and chips just like home with curry sauce and mushy peas , eat in or take away )
Tasty corner ( just opposite champagne bar ,the best doner wraps open 24 hours )
and not forgetting Captain Sinbads in the old village , went to see Sidik ex of the Efes inn , in his own restaurant for this season Menap and cook chef serve up some fantastic steaks and great hospitality in a really peaceful and serene surrounding. He will also pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or aparts after your superb meals . Went there through the day and two evenings one of which was our wedding anniversary and the cake and the wine and the baklava were supplied by our good friend Sidik what an all round great man he is . Well worth a visit for some p and q .
Also did the Aquadream waterpark in marmaris which has some stunning vistas.Temps were touching 53 on the odd day .
Met some people that were on same flight as us and they got picked up for return flight at 8 pm , our private transfer with I.C.R was at 9.45 pm leaving 1 and three quarters of an hour longer in paradise
Flight home set off 30 mins late but made it up to land on time back in a cold and foggy Leeds

All in all another fantastic holiday in our second home . Shame it had to end . but we will be doing it all again next year .

Dodgy Dave and Family
DODGY DAVE

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews