Reesy's Holiday Review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Reesy's Holiday Review

Postby reesy1959 » 16 Jun 2009 15:19

Met Jeff G and his better half at Cardiff Airport, although we didnt manage to get a drink together as we were called to board as we went through to International Departures. Flight left Cardiff on good time, even a few minutes earlier and we arrived in a nice sunny Dalaman a little earlier than scheduled.

Unpacked the cases and straight to the Ozlem 1 Apartment bar for a quick drink before heading to town to see some old and new faces. First stop was Vinces and it was great to see Kenan, Vince and the new waiters there this year, Selcuk and Ferook, and sorry to the other 2 but I forget their names. Had a few drinks with old and new forumists and all too soon it was time to go home. Never having stayed further up than Vince's before, plus the effect of the Efes and Vodka and diet coke, we passed Tansas and the Wayside, then didnt have a clue where to go. I soon hi-jacked a shop keeper who was closing up for the night and cheekily asked him for a lift back to the apartments, which he did with no hesitation - (thats what I love about Turkey).

We called into ICR the following day and seen Donna who was very busy, so we told her we would wait in the Scotia Bar for her and share a vodka or 2 during her lunch break. John and a few of his friends popped in too and we had a pleasant afternoon.

Prices were similar to last year for food and drinks, but the measures seemed to be larger on the shorts, unless I just cant take so much now with losing weight!!

We ate in The Red Lion, Kingsland Chinese, Vince's, 3 Brothers Restaurant (Marmaris), Champagne, Arboria de bistro (think thats the name, pass Tansas, pass Wayside and turn left), 3 Bells, Majestic, Wayside and also a few nights in The Four Seasons Restaurant at our Apartments. We didnt have a bad meal once and all were reasonably priced. Vince shared my leg of lamb for 2 as Phill had his usual dodgy stomach, so Phill had a bowl of tomato soup. There were other eating out places too but I cant remember where (must have been the vodka).

Went to Vinces on both the Fridays and met up with a few forumists and also went to the Saturday meet up. I got my tablet off Dotty which was lovely and I have only just finished the one bar I took today. Was great to put a face to Lynnjenny and Hazel.
Had a few drinks with Ross and Molly (abbo I think forum name) and sorry we couldnt meet them the following Wednesday but we had friends from our village staying in Marmaris and we met in the afternoon, needless to say we were in no fit state to go out on the Wednesday evening.

Had a Turkish night at the apartments which was excellent value for 25 lira all you can eat buffet plus 2 belly dancers, break dancers and Turkish folk dancing.

We had a right lazy holiday this time and we didnt even book one trip, which is unusual for us, but what a perfect holiday it was.

Had the water boat over to Marmaris one day and its still 7.5 lira, nice way to spend half an hour. Dolmus has gone up to 2 lira. Exchange rate in the bank was 2.51. Efes 4 lira. Vodka and mixer 6-7 lira in most places. Meals ranging from 14 lira to 25 lira. Fish in salt 40 lira, leg of lamb for 2 people 60 lira.

Overall a brilliant holiday once again in Icmeler. We had rain for about 5 minutes on our first Wednesday on the way to the market. I only bought fruit and this was cherries, strawberries and peaches all at 2 lira per kilo. I wore a jacket over my arms around midnight for the first 3 nights then I didnt need anything as the weather got warmer each day.

Roll on October to return to Paradise once again.
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews