Reesy's review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Reesy's review

Postby reesy1959 » 15 Jun 2008 19:59

Had a few beers at Cardiff Airport before boarding for Dalaman. Flight went really smoothly and on time. On reaching Dalaman, I got attacked by my first Mozzie, hence the swollen left ankle for the remainder of the holiday.

We reached our accomodation (Not ICR, so wont mention names) which was excellent and we were treated really good for the whole 2 weeks. Our balcony was facing the Majestic and we had views right down the canal to the beach.

On our first morning we decided to do the walk to Marmaris along the beach front. We only stopped once for water and reached Marmaris in about 50 minutes, what a lovely walk it was. We had some breakfast in Marmaris after a trip to the Pharmacist for the swelling in my leg. We had a walk around for a couple of hours, stopping to sample some efes in various bars, before venturing back to Icmeler on the water taxi for 7.5 lira each. Very entertaining getting on and off :oops:

We popped up to see Vince a couple of times before the get together on the 8th and it was nice to see the improvements he has made to the bar area, it makes it look so much more modern and bigger. We also ordered our leg of lamb for 2. Vince checked our booking for October and even told us our room number :lol: nice to know where we're going, and less steps than last years room.

I had my list of must visit restaurants, and my favourite meals must be
Majestic - I had Chicken Curry, Phill had a dodgy stomach, so just ate a jacket potato.
Majestic - I had Sizzling prawns (so nice the first time I had to eat there twice) and Phill enjoyed his Beef and Mushrooms.
3 bells - we both had the Sunday roast, and it was delicious.
Vinces - leg of lamb.
Love boat was fantastic too, but I cant remember what we ate there (maybe the efes had taken effect, but I know it was lovely)

These were my favourites, but we also had nice meals in the Wayside, Venice and Harmony bar.

We had a Turkish night in the hotel which was a good night, and although I loved the food, Phill was not very fussy, as he prefers plain food. Followed by some fun with the belly dancer and the break dancers.

Evenings were divided around many great bars, The Red Lion, Irish Bar, Majestic, Venice, Wonderboys, Joes British Bar to name a few, and the waiters kept us entertained. Must admit, we got a little fed up looking at Tina Turner, but apart from that, the rest of the entertainment was good. We also enjoyed the Stella show at the Harmony Bar.

Icmeler was not very busy until around 8pm then the crowds seemed to appear from nowhere ready to eat and watch the evening entertainment.

We got in with a great crowd at the hotel also, and we were called the after 12 club. (Hello to Karen who looks on here, but does not write).

The weather was getting warmer each day, and it varied around 32 - 47. The only time I had to wear a cardigan, was on the second night around 11pm as my arms were cool. On day 3 I had to hire the air conditioning for the room as it was a bit too hot for me to sleep.

Got some good deals around the stalls at the Canal for t towels (Even got my price for October for Bath Towels, as I had no weight allowance left), and Icmeler market for leather sandals and fruit.

We went for the meeting on June 8th at Vinces and we had a great time, especially watching the Antics of Romeo and Juliet, ooops I mean Tony Tigwall and Donna :lol: lots of foot fetish moments going on. Met John Toohey at the bar but unfortunately missed Rami. Shaz was great introducing everybody as each person arrived. She did a mean shoulder shuffle (Turkish Dance) which I need to practise for in October. We had a good night joining in the dancing and putting faces to names. We met Steve Crowe and his family a few times after this night and again at the Airport, as we also did The Mad Mackems, who were experiencing a long delay home.

All too soon the 14 days were coming to an end and time to start packing. We headed off to Dalaman Airport about 5pm on Friday 13th (Remember - never again book this date to travel), once we were checked in, our flight was showing a 1 hour delay. Next thing we knew, the expected time had disappeared from the screens, and all the Cardiff passengers were informed to go to the KFC for a free meal. We both knew then that this was going to be long. Just after midnight we were asked to go to the desk, where we were informed the were going to be bussed to a hotel for the night. Oh well, an extra night in Turkey. We got bussed to Dalaman Park Hotel for the night which was a 3 star and we were also provided with free air conditioning.

In the morning we were given breakfast, and were informed that we still did not know what time we would be flying. Just after Midday we found out we would be flying at 5pm. We were then given lunch before returned to the Airport. All in all, we were treated very good. I just feel sorry for the poor sods that were coming to Turkey who lost their first day, and I think JeffG is one of them.

We had a smooth flight home and arrived in Cardiff last night about 7:30pm.

All in all, a wonderful holiday once again to Icmeler and we cant wait to return.

Mary & Phill.
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby celine2002uk » 15 Jun 2008 20:07

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Mary loved reading your review we go again in September and can not wait to meet them all :D

Every time we have been we have missed John Toohney so hopefully Sept/Oct we shall at last meet up .

We already booked up for next May but i wish now we had booked for June as it seems more people go in June it was a bit quite when we were there in May and it was bank holiday week :shock:
celine2002uk

Postby ochlynda » 15 Jun 2008 20:08

fab review glad you had a great holiday.Just a pity about the delay on the way home but at least you were treated well and as you so rightly said another night in paradise.

Lynda
ochlynda

Reesy's review

Postby jivebunnie0 » 15 Jun 2008 20:09

Great review Reesy, I wouldn't have been too bothered about an extra night in Turkey, but loosing one, well that's a different story. Sounds like you had a great holiday. 8)
jivebunnie0

Postby red wine » 15 Jun 2008 20:09

great review Mary
thanks for sharing your holiday with us all
sounds like you had a ball :lol:
red wine

Postby Fanny » 15 Jun 2008 20:14

thanks for a great review Mary - I was there for a moment ha ha
shame about your delay though, we ha the same experience a couple of years ago and we weren't even on Fri 13th !

hope we manage to have a meet with the other folks who are there at same time cos it sounds like you had a great time

hope you get the washing done soon :wink:
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby karlee » 15 Jun 2008 20:15

Fab review mary...enjoyed reading it.
Vinces is a great place isnt it?we stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
My mouth was watering when you mentioned your meals,they sounded lovely.

Karlee
karlee

Postby kirky » 15 Jun 2008 20:16

great review sorry about delay glad im going for 3 weeks in case delay
kirky

Postby dimrie » 15 Jun 2008 20:17

Great review ,we should still be there Mary for another week.But still we will be there Sept 25th for 15 nights.

Diane and Norman :D
Last edited by dimrie on 15 Jun 2008 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
dimrie

Postby tonytigwall » 15 Jun 2008 20:23

Great review Mary
At least you have good drying weather thats always on my mind and all my other housework i regularly do :wink:
tonytigwall

Postby polly » 15 Jun 2008 20:27

Great reveiw Mary.
Love to know what people do and where they go when in Icmeler. Can always relate to somewhere that is mentioned.
Countdown starts for October now, will be there same time.

Polly
polly

Advertisement

Postby LynnJenny » 15 Jun 2008 20:58

great review glad you had a great holiday
LynnJenny

Postby Jozzyd » 15 Jun 2008 20:59

we were delayed 9 hours going out last year not good. Brilliant review :lol:
Jozzyd

Postby Fanny » 15 Jun 2008 21:05

oh no JOzzyd, delays are bad eough but on the way out? grrrrrrrrrrr
Fanny

Postby Jozzyd » 15 Jun 2008 21:07

Was horrible Fanny didn't dare to sleep took a pink flight bag hubby refused to carry it, and all the money and passports were in it, so sat rigid with it all night clutched to my chest eyes wide open. Bought a black one this year :wink:
Jozzyd

Postby Fanny » 15 Jun 2008 21:09

poor you
mind you it's no better if they give you accom for the night cos you never know what's happening and end up on pins - never mind gutted at missing out on a night of your hol
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 16 Jun 2008 10:27

Mary was Cookie the dog at your apartments?
Colette

Postby JT » 16 Jun 2008 10:54

Whats all this with dogs and cats
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby andrea m » 16 Jun 2008 10:56

Hi Mary

Well sounds like you had a great time and love reading what other people do when there and like you we will have to have a list of places we want to try as we end up in the same ones all the time.

If you there when we are in September might even be able to put a face to the name!

Andrea :lol:
andrea m

Postby Colette » 16 Jun 2008 11:27

Whats all this with dogs and cats

Well I was asking indirectly if Mary stayed at The Gondol on the canal :lol:
Colette

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Holiday Reviews