Been back a week now

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Been back a week now

Postby duffaire » 02 Jun 2008 09:16

Hi all
We have been back a week now, and really fed up with the weather here.
Flight from Glasgow with Thomas Cook was on time, no problems on flight, arrive at Dalaman and bought fags in duty free much cheaper than at Glasgow. Found transfer man and set off for Icmeler, arrived at Efes Inn and booked in, had a really great room on the top floor. After a few wines went to bed, woke up and went out on the balcony at 3am to watch the storm over the mountains, great sight to watch. When we woke in the morning it was dull but very warm, had breakfast and then went for a walk around Icmeler, always nice to do this on the first day to see what changes have been made. Well as you probably know, Harry's corner has changed completely, now gold shops and new apartments there, Harry's Bar still there but round the corner from where it was, also a lot of new buildings have gone up since our last visit in September last year, wish the buildimg trade was as fast in UK, the prom is now looking great, the new paving is a joy the push a wheelchair along, prices have gone up, but not that much compared to the world rise in prices.
Had meals in the hotel a few times, found them very good and cheaper than outside, also found that the bars and restaurants were very quiet, there were a few busy ones so we went to these, the Dream 3 bells was good, Dreamboys on the canal, Majestic and Harry's, also went to the old village and had a meal at Temel Kofte, nice meatballs here.
Last year we stayed at the Bellevue, read on internet that it had new owners so went to see what it was like, now called The Eda hotel.The whole hotel has been refurbished and is a joy the see as last year it was a dump. I would suggest that anyone who has stayed here in the past should go and have a look, you will be pleasantly suprised. Had some meals there and they were fine, Christine, who had the Gordie Bar, now runs the bar and restaurant here, so pop in and see her. The people running this hotel are very nice, dad Ali, mum Hacer and sons Engin and Ersin will make you very welcome, and Christine is a lovely lady.
We had a great 2 weeks in heaven, now for the bad parts, return flight delayed for over 4 hours, Dalaman airport is now more expensive than it ever was, make sure you have water and food for your wait here, don't even think about buying anything here, you will need a bank loan.
Flight back was OK, but slept most of it, arrived at Glasgow and was stuck on the plane for over an hour waiting for chair list to arrive, got to know the new crew who boarded long before we got off, chairlift arrived only to damage the cabin door, so stuck again on this for a long time while they sorted this out, when we got to the terminal we were the last passengers to get our luggage.
Still it was worth all this hassle, we did enjoy our stay in Icmeler, and we still haven't been outside Icmeler yet, and we have been 6 times.
Now trying to get Margo to agree to go in September,at present she is saying never agian, :shock: but she says this every time we come back, so still hope for a return to Paradise. :D :D :D :D
Last edited by duffaire on 02 Jun 2008 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
duffaire

Advertisement

Postby lovelyturkey » 02 Jun 2008 10:02

Can I just say, I read your review on HT - a real contrast from the one on here - on HT says you will never go to Turkey again? What changed?
lovelyturkey
New User
New User

Postby duffaire » 02 Jun 2008 10:10

Had a week to think about it, was fed up with the delay at Dalaman, but we still love Turkey and the people, now feeling better
duffaire

Postby salford_steve » 02 Jun 2008 10:13

Delays can happen anywhere in any country, it's just one of those things.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby WOMBLE » 02 Jun 2008 10:31

Margo & George
Wata perfic review so in depth well applied topics
Great read
Thankyou

JOHN
WOMBLE

Postby Lynn m » 02 Jun 2008 11:12

Thinks never seem so bad once you have had time to calm down and think about them :lol:

We were delayed flying out to Zante for 5 hours 2 weeks ago, and felt like you at the time :wink:

Glad you enjoyed most of your holiday experience.

Lynn

Sept seems to faraway
Lynn m

Advertisement

Postby duffaire » 02 Jun 2008 11:23

Yes Lynn m
Things do look better after you have cooled down a bit :D
As I said previously, we love Icmeler and the people are the best you can get, so very glad I have cooled down, we wouldn't go anywhere else for our holidays, so it is either getting Margo to agree to go back or spending more time in our Holiday home in Prestwick :roll:
duffaire

Postby Fanny » 02 Jun 2008 19:12

Hey George, at least the delays were on the way back - still a pain I know esp if you're anything like me and once you get to Dalaman, just want to get back home

did you manage to make it to Pleasure or not?
glad you had a good time - you've got a while to work on Margo ha ha, you never know, we may bump into you if you do go back
Fanny

Postby Sue » 02 Jun 2008 20:44

we spoke to someone who flew with TC on Bank Holiday weekend and they were delayed 17 hours you dont mind that coming back but they were put up in a hotel in Manchester and arrived in paradise one day late, thats would devistate me :cry:
Sue

Postby Fanny » 02 Jun 2008 20:48

me too Sue
#1 daughter and I were delayed a day and a half coming home a couple of years ago and ended up spending a night in a beautiful complex at Dalyan
had to live out of our suitcases and on our nerves as we didn't know when we'd have to leave, but was worth it for an extra night in paradise
Fanny

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews