Review Efem Apartments July 17th to 31st

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Review Efem Apartments July 17th to 31st

Postby Jeanette » 01 Aug 2014 16:33

Will be honest with my review and it may be a bit long so please bare with me.
Flight with Easy Jet from Stansted all good and arrived 40 mins early. Booked transfer on speedy transfer with resort hoppa. Was cheap but had to wait an hour for other planes to land. So I have promised myself it is private from now on no matter what time i land. Although when you come round the mountain as see Marmaris the feeling of nearly being home washes over me. No other feeling like it.
Arrived at Efem at 4.30pm to be told our room was not ready as needed cleaning. When I asked where it was they said it is up in the attic. I asked to see it before agreeing to accept the room. All i can say it was a poky bedsit in the top corner with no view and no balcony to speak of. I told them that I did not want the room as I had paid for a one bedroom and after a few efes/vodka's it was an accident waiting to happen having to climb up a really slim staircase. Room was changed - given 1 bedroom already cleaned and ready to be occupied. Much happier and room was ok. Functional for the 2 week stay, bedroom with the air conditioning, kitchen lounge with a double bed settee and a chair which also went into a bed (so could sleep 5). The only issue was with the cleaning - bathroom never cleaned once and not sure that the floors were swept more than once. Although we did get clean towels and sheets, although did have to ask. Right that was the only issues with the apartments. Yes I would stay here again and recommend it.
The bar staff were absolutely superb, Mehmet, Serge, Suarez and the cheeky bugger Fulcan. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Mehmet even took me and my 2 friends to his family home in Orhaniye (near Jesus beach) where we were given a full Turkish breakfast. The hospitality that his family showed us was amazing. He then took us to the waterfall and then a small beach, just along from Jesus beach, where the locals go. We then went back to his home for afternoon coffee. It was really good to see Turkey as it should be seen with some of the real village life. There is a pool party on Wednesday which is great fun and yes you do end up in the pool, after a quiz and game of bingo. Also a Turkish night on Saturday's (didn't go to this as been to lots but was told it was a good night).
On to the town - was a bit worried as heard that there was no entertainment. However, there is still entertainment but just not in all bars, restaurants. Romance still had entertainment with the male (clap clap) belly dancer, femal belly dancer and acrobats as well as the waiters doing the Turkish dancing, followed by the usual dances where you are asked to join in. There was also entertainment in Majestic. Although all the restaurants that used to do entertainment still had the dancing after dinner so there is still some fun to be had. I really did not miss Michael Jackson, Robots (although they did appear at our pool party) etc but was glad that you could still have a dance. Wonder boys still had music until 2am.
Meals - we had great food and not one bad meal. Ate in Alins (Mahoney is still as smooth as ever), Champagne bar, Charlies Place, Amor, Waterfall, Friends restaurant (great staff Ramzi, Romeo, Ferrit and boys), Romance, Hanedan, Love Star, Wayside & mandalin. Cannot remember what we had in each place but all were delicious. :D
Romance was a pain to walk past as they really did over hassle people to go in. Had to cross the road or go round the back road to avoid passing - some people would not go in there in principle due to the hassle. Know all want your business and try to get you in but they are the worst and almost try to physically drag you in.
Did an afternoon at the beach and paid 5lr for the bed as did not want to have to buy food or drink from a bar. Beach was quite and got 2 beds right at the sea.
Efem apartments are a good 15-20 min walk from the centre/canal/beach but think it helped with walking off the excess alcohol.
Prices - Efes ranges between 7-9 lr, Spirits 9lr, Wine 9/10lr, cocktails 12-16lr depending usually if frozen (best frozen cocktails Romance for their mudslide and Alins for Frozen strawberry Daquiri. Food - not much change in years - breakfast 7.5 lr was about average (Wembly bar breakfast was very good), Set meals for 20-25lr for the bread/meze, soup, Pasta/Chicken/Pizza, ice cream. Steak set meals around 30-35lr. However exchange rate was between 3.5 & 3.6 so still good value for money. Drinks have gone up a bit since my last visit in 2012, but food was still about the same.
Transfer back, no problems apart from all seats on minibus full up and was a bit squashed. Easy Jet flight home took off a bit late but landed 10mins early so delay was made up.
So to sum up - I had a brilliant 2 week holiday and did not want to come home. Great people (Turkish, Kurdish and English), great food and even with changes still my favourite holiday destination (taking out long haul) and will be back again next year.
I hope I have not bored you and there is some useful information.
Jeanette & Sarah
Jeanette

Advertisement

Re: Review Efem Apartments July 17th to 31st

Postby gez45 » 01 Aug 2014 17:30

Love to read reviews , thanks Jeanette.
gez45

Postby Jeanette » 02 Aug 2014 08:05

Your welcome gez45.
Jeanette

Postby daisysun » 11 Aug 2014 08:13

I agree about hassle at romance. We literally got "taken" by a guy outside a jewelry shop around the corner into romance, we didn't even want to go in there as we were heading elsewhere but kind of didn't have a choice. We avoided it afterwards for that reason although the food was nice. Thanks for your review
daisysun

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews