01/09/13 - 10/09/13 Demircioglu Apartments (Vince's)

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

01/09/13 - 10/09/13 Demircioglu Apartments (Vince's)

Postby Amy- Mansfield » 12 Sep 2013 10:00

So this is the first year i have flown to Turkey on my own, my mum and dad arrived on the 30th aug staying until the 13th sept, so i joined them 1st - 10th sept. I apologise in advance if i waffle on too much, this is the first time i've wrote a review... here goes :lol:

Flew from Gatwick with Monarch on the 16.55 flight, i got the train to airport, no delays and there in plenty of time, bag drop and passport control were very quick, was through in about 10 mins!
Wandered through the shops and treated myself to some makeup from Clinique and a bottle of Baileys for me and mum to share in the apartment. Ate in The Flying Horse (Wetherspoons) just had a jacket potato with cheese & salad, one glass of wine and a bottle of kopparberg totalling about £16, quite reasonable for the airport i guess! nipped in to boots for a meal deal as decided not to bother with the inflight meal.

We seemed to Board a little late and did not take off until 17.20, i'd taken the usual things to entertain me on the flight, especially as i was flying on my own this time but safe to say it wasn't needed, got talking a few people which was lovely, treated myself to some wine on the plane and before i knew it we were landing, we actually landed at 21.00( UK time) so no need to worry about take off being a little later than expected.

Guys on Visa and Passport control as miserable as ever, i usually play a little game of smiling at them way too much just to see if i can get them to smile back, sometimes it works but not today :lol: i think it took about 30-40 mins from getting off the plane to getting outside to the transfer. Transfer booked through ICR, i go to the desk and get shown on to a massive coach that's full. Automatically i think 'oh no, this is gonna take HOURS' we set off about midnight (Turkish time) do the usual 15 min rest break, and we're off again, the bus stops not much later and i'm thinking its the first drop off, when actually about 11 of us are put onto a minibus, things look up from here when i ask the driver how many drops in Marmaris and he tells me 4, there was 5 couples and myself, looks like i'm getting to Icmeler sooner than i think, i text my mum and dad to tell them i'll be there soon as i'm staying in their apartment and won't be able to get in until they get back! After getting on the minibus it only takes about 20 mins and its my turn to get off, its now 02.15 so not the longest transfer I've ever had to do (that was a full coach that took about 4 hours to get us to Icmeler, hence my dread when i saw the coach!)

I leave my unpacking until the morning and just take out what i need, we go out to get some food for me and just go to the first kebab shop that we come across, the one next to ambiance, i had a chicken wrap, it was OK, it was 3 am and i was kinda past caring, probably wouldn't choose to go there again though.

The apartment is an OK size and pretty much had everything we need, we don't really eat in the apartment but there was the usual 2 ring cooker, kettle and toaster in the kitchen area. I was on the sofa bed, mum and dad in the bedroom, i was more than comfortable but mum's bed made a horrible groaning noise when you sat on it! It is a bit noisier in these apartments than previous places we've stayed, but not so much that it actually stops you from sleeping, your on the main road so it was to be expected. Vince and most of the staff seem really nice, we did have a bit of issue with guy on the door making us feel uncomfortable about going out but he soon realised that we would not be bullied into eating in the restaurant if we didn't want to, it's just not our sort of holiday to stay in one place every day and night hence why we go self catering and not AI.

Most days are spent being rather lazy and not leaving the apartment until about 11, we went for breakfast/brunch/lunch at either The Holiday or Fryer Tucks, and once in Vince's, occasional visits to Cafe Anne for cake, it would be rude not to considering we're neighbours this year! We don't spend any time around the pool in the apartments because we tend to use Sabri's bar which is attached to the Mete apartments(next to Avlu 4) as we have friends that come at the same time of year as us, this is generally the unofficial meeting place, we spend most of the afternoon around here. Sabri is so laid back, it's pretty much like a second home, help yourself to drinks, ask Sab to make you some lunch and feel free to use the pool if you want :)
We did the lazy day boat trip though ICR, we normally do the boat trip AI but decided to just book the standard one as MIchelle told us that the AI is a big boat but the standard one on a smaller boat, i don't like the bigger boats, the trip was £10pp and included lunch(which was lovely!), had a lovely day out and met some interesting people, Michelle was also on the trip and we had a good gossip :) we did wonder if we would end up spending a lot more as we hadn't gone AI, AI was £18pp, we had drinks all through the day and our bill totalled 70TL for the 3 of us so it was probably about equal to what we would of paid for AI. As always a fab day out and will be booking again next year!

We ate out every evening, i have remembered all the places we went to but didn't make a note of prices.
In no particular order:
Wayside, as always lovely food and service from Rachel and Hamdi.
The Lighthouse, one of our all time favourites, always very well looked after by Sulyman and Rose.
The Mandolin, good value for money and nice food too!
Alin's Grill, this is a first time visit for us but really enjoyed the food and it was excellent value for money!
Vince's, another first, food was really nice but service a little slow.
Cafe Anne, an evening when none of us wanted a big meal, lovely food, nice if you just want something light.
The Holiday, we have known Mehmet for some years now and he is a lovely guy, lovely food, fantastic value as pretty much everything is a set meal and never any hassle.
Fryer Tucks, i actually think the fish and chips here are better than at home, lovely light crispy batter, the hot roast beef sandwiches are lovely too.

Went for drinks at The Majestic, Tintin's, The Magic Garden, Romeo & Juliets, Sabri's.

I've probably missed loads out but i'm going to skip to the end now as i don't want to bore you all!

Transfer back to Dalaman, was supposed to be picked up at 00.05, actually arrived at 00.30, i was just starting to wonder if i should ring the emergency number when the minibus arrived. I was the first pick up, i think there was 5 pick ups and then we sat in Marmaris for about 30 mins, not knowing why we was not going anywhere until one lady asked and we got told that there was 2 minibuses going to Dalaman that were only half full and the company wanted to transfer the other minibus of people onto our bus to save sending 2 buses. we finally set off from Marmaris at 01.30, no rest break as we all said we didn't want one, plus there was a couple that were on a flight to Newcastle at 04.05, we arrived at the airport at 02.45, the couple flying to Newcastle did make there check in but safe to say they did seem a bit panicked! On the way to the airport the driver told me that mondays are busy days and that this was his 3rd trip to Dalaman that day and he'd been working since 10 am. I felt sorry for him as they delay wasn't his fault, I think i was the only that tipped him.

My flight was at 04.50 (Turkish time), check in wasn't quite as quick as Gatwick but painless enough, wandered around duty free and then went to the gate, flight took off on time, smooth landing, nothing really to report! Landed at 06.50(UK time), walked what felt like forever to passport control and was waiting for my train home at 07.30, finally home around 09.30 and straight to bed!

Had a lovely time as always, especially as i wasn't supposed to be going this year! Mum and Dad are still there sunning themselves for the time being!
Amy- Mansfield

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews