Sami's last review of the year........bit late

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Sami's last review of the year........bit late

Postby Sami » 13 Oct 2012 13:33

September 22nd arrived and am very excited to be going back to my favourite place and being able to take 2 more people to introduce to the lovely Icmeler. We left for the airport at half 1 in the afternoon and arrived at the meet & greet in good time.
Had a quick look around duty free and had a drink in The Bridge bar at Gatwick. Before we knew it, it was time to board our 17.55 plane to Dalaman with Thomas Cook.

Flight was fine and we arrived at Dalaman and luggage came out nice and quick. Straight onto our ICR transfer and off we went. Arrived at Rhodes Apartments by 2am, also booked through ICR and shown to our room and promptly slept ready for a new morning. I was up and on the balcony before 8 and stood to watch the sun come over the mountains and start warming up. Gradually watching the place come alive, people going off to work and villagers walking their horses with stacks of sticks. Its then I realise I love this place so much.

Downstairs for breakfast and its a traditional Turkish for me. I could eat this all day long, I love the fresh bread and olives and different cheeses and a lovely runny boiled egg. Top it off with an ice cold diet coke! :lol: Not quite the traditional drink of the locals but I don't like coffee or tea and orange juice gives me heart burn and a bloated tummy, something I do not want when I'm laying in a bikini all day. Let the brekkie get down a bit and have a chat with Tolga before retiring to my rightful place... the sunbed where the sun has just started to warm up the towels and I can feel it warming through to my bones.

I won't bore you with the everyday blog as this is basically what I did all week. A hell of a lot of nothing apart from a boat trip in the middle of the week, more on that later. First night of eating was the lovely Bonjour where we all enjoyed a lovely steak meal but not before taking a wander around town to show my Icmeler virgins where things were. After dinner, straight to Zaza's Havana Bar where I was greeted like an old friend as I was in Bonjour. Which I suppose I am now after so many visits over so many years. A few drinks were had and a stroll back to the apartments to finish off with another couple of glasses of wine before bed.

Throughout the week we dined at various places including Tandoori Sizzler, Chef, Bonjour again, Sidik's Family Restaurant and all were fabulous. Popped into Maramris to show the guests what it was like. Hassle was extremely off putting and after having a drink in Zest we came back. We very enjoyed a boat trip through ICR for a lazy day at sea. A short stop in Turunc with enough time for a drink and back on the boat. The day was lovely and weather brilliant. My guests very much enjoyed themselves.

Every night was pretty much spent in Havana mostly for the eye candy and a vast amount of alcohol was consumed. All in all the holiday was brilliant and can't wait for next May when I've got my first one booked for. Along with June and July and hey why not, September if I can too. Apart from a blunder at my bank where my money didn't get transferred over tuill Thursday, which was a completele bummer. Now back in good old UK and have been for a few weeks now, missing the place so much and the forum keeps me going till I can actually be there.
Sami

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews