25th August - 15th September

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

25th August - 15th September

Postby Elayne » 03 Oct 2012 09:02

3 weeks in paradise

25/08/12

Transfer arrived on time 4.15am for out 7am easyjet flight from Manchester, stocked up in Duty Free,great flight left on time went smoothly arrived in Dalaman 1pm everything went smoothly private transfer was waiting and arrived in private rent house at 3pm, god it felt soooo good to be home. Unpacked and had an efes, then got ready for our meal out, had some lovely meals at Broadway, Lighthouse, Tin Tins, Hamadan, Sidiks, Harry Rams and Bullshits and many more, not impressed with Karem down the canal, took way too long for our food and we had to ask for a drink after being there 20 minutes and we never got offered anymore and although my food was lovely and it was barely warm but ate it as we was so hungry, also Tandori Sizzler arrived at 8.30pm and didn’t get our meal until 10.10pm, we had the set Indian menu, the starters were lovely but the main course was really not nice,very bland curry and my husband had a green rogan josh which was also bland, it was way to expensive so won’t be going there again.

Had some great nights in Romance and No name bar and Stella was brill as always.
Went on a few captain bullshits boat trips had a great time each one, lovely people.
Went to Akayaka trip, it was ok but wasn’t impressed the staff started using water guns after I had asked if it would be like jeep safari and was promised no. we got picked up at 9.30am and then was taken to captain sinbads restaurant for 35 minutes and was told we could buy a drink or breakfast!! Think I would rather have had an extra 35 minutes in bed thank you. Finally set off and next stop was to a village for Arayan, 3 TL a glass!! Then a stop at the tombs then another stop at a coffee shop, efes was 8 lira, no drinks menu to be seen to check the prices, went in the olive farm shop where soap and creams were a ridiculous price, £60 for a small pot of face cream because the olives are organic!!! we finally got there and went on a small boat ride which was nice but not much to see, finally got lunch at 2pm which was not very good food and we were crammed in a small café in 2 rows like the school canteen, efes was 8 lira and once again no menus available. We could then walk around or go onto the beach for an hour, the beach was lovely and the sea warm and you could walk quite far into it. We then was on our way back but stopped off at an outdoor swimming pool for 45 minutes which was lovely and we returned back to Icmeler at 6pm, not 5pm as stated but hey ho. Our driver was lovely, called Johnny beep beep. I must say I was really looking forward to this trip but felt it was a big letdown and not worth £20 and this was the opinion of the others in our jeep. had some lovely days on the beach we always go near Fantasia hotel part, had some photos taken where we got married last year, spent some great days around the pool at the moonlight and some lovely food there to.

Had a lovely 1st wedding Anniversary party in Romance, so special, made a fuss of, my husband was great and had arranged to have the place decorated, he even had a banner made which was great, still don't know how he sneaked that past me!

Went to the market a few times just because we can have a laugh there.

Went to view a few properties as seriously thinking of buying a property there now, saw some lovely places so just need to sort things out.

Husband went to the dentist for a new crown, pleased with the results and a fraction of the price at home.

Went for a long walk one evening around the old village, stopped at Tommys for a drink 1st time, karaoke was on and it was really bad so supped up and left asap.

All to soon our 3 weeks was over and time to depart, private transfer arrived on time arrived at Dalaman airport (boo hoo) joined a long queue for easy jet, got through passport control with ease was little worried about using the new visa but all was good, hit duty free stocked up on silk cut and Smirnoff lol. Flight was fine and all to soon landed back in grey Manchester, waited approx 15 mins for luggage, transfer was waiting for us and 30 minutes later we were home, after a quick cuppa we unpacked, no washing to do as had a washing machine there, ordered a curry for tea and was then doing the usual thing ‘ this time last night we were etc etc lol’. Roll on next June.
Elayne

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews