29th to 8th august holi

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

29th to 8th august holi

Postby chrisx » 09 Aug 2012 17:54

Here is my review from my holiday,had fab time and due to my girlfriend enjoying it so much we are going back in October.
Flight:
Flight was best i have been on on time and actually arrived in turkey early think it was just short of 3hr and half.
transfer wasn't the best as normal but wont be going with them again.
Hotel:
Hotel was great clean and tidy excellent position right near the center at end of the canal,staff were really friendly and full of energy,food was good in hotel and just as good as restaurants around Icmeler and reasonably priced.
Weather:
DAM HOT!! was 42 in shade when we left and many nights was around 33 deg,although we did have half day of rain on thursday which was nice in one way but missus was moaning she could not get a tan,first time i have seen rain in july as well.
Money:
Rate wasn't too bad when we were out there got between 2.5 and 2.76 which was not too bad,changed my money at supermarket at top of the canal(Elvis supermarket),took all cash with me and changed £200 in uk and put rest in safe.
Mozzies:
Didn't see a one and neither of us got bitten,did see lot of wasps though which are bit of a nuisance.
Restaurants:
We spent around 50 to 70 lira on average on meals and drink,Efes was around 5 lira to 7 lira what we had seen but we started drinking the local cider which was nice and priced around 7 lira.
Alins grill: Probs the best place we ate at superb meals,i had the alins special twice in fact and was a belly buster,my missus had beef fajita first time and the steak with mushroom sauce on second time and said both was excellent
Venice: Food ok service terrible,we sat down at around 8 oclock and we left at quarter to 10,now i know its a big place but they should be quicker than this.
Majestic: Same size as Venice and they didn't have prob's with the service good food,I had Turkish wok and missus had beef stir fry with noodles both excellent.
Three bells: First place we visited as had to have the yam yam chicken as soon as i got there,missus had some Chinese thing but both were excellent again and was good to see the lads again,although it took us ages to find them as didn't know the new road had been built.
Captains bullshits; Was good to see Mel,Ali and jimmy again,ate in there 2 or 3 times for breakfast and couple of nights food was good and got some freebies which always helps.
Tintins: Bit of a let down too many chips and girlfriends meat balls tasted weird and a bit dry,maybe they were having a bad day
Florida: What can you say their breakfast's are massive,visited them a few times and at 4 lira you cant blame us,we didnt go for evening meal as i was put off by one bloke who wit does not make me laugh,he has been there for 23 years,think he is owner or co owner.
Overall spending:
We took £1000 for 10 days which included the air con at £42 and the safe at £2 a day,i withdrew a extra 200 lira for last day as missus wanted some more gift's for back home so overall about £1100 quid spent with 2 trips included and Turkish night at 25 lira each,plus many a Turkish shave for me.

Really enjoyed our holiday and Icmeler had changed a lot since i last went and cant believe they still remembered me from all them years(god knows how they do that), it has lost a bit of charm with canal markets going but rest has improved the place,girlfriend enjoyed the experience and thought the bartering in the market was great,had bit of hassle from restaurants and shops but overall not too bad and the people are still friendly as ever.
chrisx

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews