23 - 30th April Review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

23 - 30th April Review

Postby MichelleSmith » 01 May 2012 10:26

Hi, I'm going to be following Colette guide to writing the review and answering the questions.

I stayed with my son at the Oz*** 1 apartments from the 23rd - 30th April.

Arrived at the airport, checked in and after being swabbed for drugs we finally passed the search gate part. I bought my cigarettes and it wasn't long before the flight was called. The flight was smooth and on time and extremely comfortable as we booked the extra leg room where also no one had booked the seat next to us so it was a bonus.

As we got off the plane we were first off, we rushed through visa and claimed our baggage within the first 10 bags that came out the carousel. Got to Icmeler within one hour. There were no drop-offs as our friend picked us up so it was a direct route to Icmeler. The new road from the mountain to Marmaris is alot better and safer. As we arrived in Icmeler we went to eat something down at our friends bar, Rush.

The food when we arrived was extremely delicious and tasty but after an hour we resigned to bed as it was long day.
As we arrived at the apartments we were greeted by the barman, Sam. Who shown us to our room.

I'm trying to remember each day, but it's very hard lol! Anyhow each day we would go for breakfast at Rush as it was yet again very nice. But we tried a couple of other places, Aysema. We did try and eat at the Tandoori for a breakfast we walked in and sat down as no one was about and waited a few minutes but then left as no one approached us after a couple of minutes. The breakfast at Aysema was excellent and would recommend it to anyone at a price of 7 YTL.

I don't think I have much else to say but the weather was scorching usually within a range of 28 - 35 degrees. The new square looks excellent and is a great addition to Icmeler. Marmaris is also having a similar square which will look good too. There isn't many changes throughout Icmeler apart from the Square and the Canal stalls which look nice but small. The price for a canal store is pretty expensive at 16,000 YTL per season.

As we arrived at Dalaman we were running abit late so we had to run to the check-in desk as if we were 5 more minutes late I would of said the check-in would of closed and we would of missed our flight. We managed to get into duty-free and buy some more fags. The flight was running around 15 minutes late but we were on time when it landed. The flight overall was just ok but we had some pretty bad turbulence on the way back which lasted around 20 minutes off and on, the prices onboard were pretty high but are to be expected. Yet again there was nobody sitting next to us so we could stretch yourself out. My husband picked us up at the airport which was pretty manic as there were around 5 flights just landed.

We return every year and this is our 8th year now and will be returning in September, or earlier if I can find a deal.

Accommodation: 8/10
Flight: 6/10
Transfers: 7/10
Food: 9/10

Overall Holiday: 8/10.

I will upload pictures later on when I have 5 minutes. Thanks for reading my review.
MichelleSmith

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews