Lazy days, 7th-21st Sept 2011

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Lazy days, 7th-21st Sept 2011

Postby mazz » 04 Oct 2011 21:29

I’m just back from my second trip this year and what a wonderful fortnight it was too.

It all began with a quicker than expected flight from Exeter which left on time and actually only took 3 and a half hours due to a good tail wind. There was only one other flight in when we landed so had a quick passage through Dalaman airport and a smooth (private) transfer on to Icmeler. We arrived at 3am so it was right on with the unpacking, a few hours sleep and then up in time for brekkie and out into the sunshine.

I stayed at the Kapmar hotel again – my third time staying here, while mum and dad went back to the Uysal Aparts. I cannot fault the Kapmar, it’s just such fantastic value for money, it’s clean and comfortable, within staggering distance of everywhere and the staff, really, are all so lovely, it's a real home from home.

Every day was spent on the beach – welcome relaxation after such busy time in the lead-up to the holiday. We stuck to the Yakamoz stretch as we like the warmer water there. The beach service was good, the Yakamoz lads were very entertaining and there was no hassle at all there. It was also lovely to see so many familiar faces who all tend to holiday around the same fortnight year in year out, all nationalities.

My favourite restaurants this year were The Wayside – always fabulous, The Lighthouse, Set Restaurant, Chef Restaurant, Charlie’s (opposite Mandalin) and The Mandalin Restaurant which I hadn’t been to for a couple of years but it’s certainly up there with the best. We had one meal at Cupids but to be honest I didn’t think it was as good as last year, though it was nice to see Harun, Alex etc. Harry’s is one of the best for a full English and Yakamoz was really good at lunchtimes, as was the Erdem Café (of course) for the best chicken doner wraps and apple pie! Speaking of apple pie it was also good to see the apple pie man who has now positioned himself near the tourist Information kiosk and fountains.

We made it up to the Café Del Mar a couple of evenings, the drinks are a little more expensive there, but the view is still fabulous. The Magic Garden remains a favourite for a voddy or three and the Venice was, as usual, really good fun, those lads work so hard!

So, several pairs of Uggs and a couple of Mulberry handbags later (and all too soon in my opinion) the holiday came to an end and it was time to say goodbye to Icmeler again.

We had a good journey home, and I can certainly recommend flying on a Wednesday – our flight back to Exeter was the only flight out that afternoon so there were no queues in the duty free and we got off a little early.

I can honestly say, lazy at it was, I enjoyed every single minute of my holiday, which I’ve just calculated to be my 16th visit in 11 years.

Will we be going back next year? Tooooo right! The flights for September are now booked, as is the Kapmar and the Usyal… what can I say…. Let the countdown begin again! :D

Happy holidays 8)

Mazz
mazz

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews