jayjays review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

jayjays review

Postby jayjay1950 » 02 Sep 2011 15:00

We have been home for a week and i have eventualy got through my washing and ironing,thats the worst about going away :(
With having to rebook our flights due to our airline going bankrupt we was unable to have the 3 weeks we had planned. So this is the review for the 2 weeks we luckily managed to get.
We (my partner Chris,his two sons Shane 19,Ben 16,my grandson 15 and me )left Gloucester with plenty of time to spare even with the stop off for us all a drink and to stretch our legs in the service station on the way.After dropping our car at the carpark and the short bus ride to the airport we flew from Birmingham with T.C. on Friday 12th August at 7:30pm. It was a good flight and we hardly knew we had landed. The kids and OH slept the whole way. We arrived at Dalaman in the early hours and after going through customs and getting our bags quite quickly we made our way outside for our taxi to our Apartment (none ICR) The kids and OH once again slept the whole way,i was too excited to sleep. We was greeted like family when we reached our Apartment (3rd time staying there) in the early hrs then shown to our room overlooking the pool After yet another sleep for kids and OH while i unpacked we went to greet the rest of the staff and had a nice cup of tea/coffee/pop and something to eat. I could breathe a sigh of relief now,we had made it at last. The kids had a Jeep Safari booked on the Monday with some guests who had waited till we got out there to go (thanks guys) so the first few days was spent catching up with friends we have made in Icmeler and showing my grandson round as it was his first time. The kids had a great time on the jeep safari and we booked a lazy day trip with people from our Apartments which was another great day out. The first week-end came round too fast and we had to say goodby to some friends which was sad as i don't think they are going next year. We booked 2 more boat trips,one through Bob at Robin hood. A bus took us over the mountain to the Aegean sea where we went on an all inclusive boat trip....it was fantastic, thanks Bob for recomending it to us. The other boat trip was to the mud baths and Turtle Beach. We decided to go for a day in Marmaris to show my grandson round the castle and go to the waterpark.The day we went was the one day the castle is closed (Monday) and as you see in my pics the old lady is still arround dragging you into her shop :D After the waterpark we got a water taxi back into Icmeler, very relaxing. The exchange rate was getting higher day by day and reached 2.92 while we was out there.The canal area is very sad looking but the beach front looks very nice. The temperature was around 45-48deg,everyone got a lovely tan except me i got burned :( ,still it wont stop me going again next year. Prices i didnt think had gone up a great deal and with the exchange rate being so good money went that bit further. We didnt venture into the market as it gets too hot and you can get most of the things in town just as cheep. I have posted pics of some of the places we ate at and we didnt have a bad meal anywhere.We had another goodbye to make before we left (hope u had a good journey Dave and family) All too soon it was our turn to say goodbye,our taxi picking us up at midnight to go to Dalaman for the 4:30am flight home.We have met some fantasic people in Icmeler,some holiday makers and some who work and live there and it is very hard saying goodbye. The taxi arrived on time and took us to Dalaman airport where we had an hour and half wait sat on the floor. The flight back to Birmingham was ok but the landing was a little bumpy which scared my grandson a bit, Getting through customs was quick and all but one bag was got in good time,the last bag we had to wait for was the last bag to be put on the belt, typical. After the bus ride to the carpark we made our way to just outside Birmingham to drop my grandson off at a camp site where his mum was waiting eagerly for him,he had been with us four weeks so she was excited about him being with her again. He was now going to have a few days camping before going home.After a quick drink and bacon sandwich we was on our way back to Gloucester,getting home shattered.
jayjay1950

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews