back to reality

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

back to reality

Postby skilly » 18 Sep 2010 17:32

We got picked up at 7.15am on 3rd Sept for our 11am flight from Manchester with Onur Air. Quite a good flight and we arrived in Dalaman about 5.30pm ish.
The transfer took over 2 1/2 hrs (non ICR), it was horrible and we arrives at Prestij appts about 9pm.
We were shown our room and found we had one of the rooms with a steep wooden staircase to the bedroom and bathroom. I thought they were quite dangerous, especially if you'd had a few EFES :shock:

I explained to Claire, the English receptionist that we would have preferred a ground floor without these stairs. She said she could move us downstairs on the 9th, 6 days later but until then they put a bed in the living area so that it was like a studio.

To cut a long story short this solved the problem as it was only at night that i was worried about the stairs, so we didn't change rooms.
We mostly had breakfast in the apartments restaurant and one main meal and the food was lovely and good value.
The rooms were cleaned everyday and the cleaner waited until you went out even if it was 11 - 12pm, not knocking you up at the crack of dawn.
The staff ,Genghis, Engin, Claire and 2 other lads who I can't remember their names were very pleasant & helpful.

We found the centre of Icmeler to be very busy, especially on our second week and the square with the fountains and the benches was a lovely focal point.
We went to the beach a few times but it was very hot 100 degrees + and no lower than 80 at night.

We always go to Sevgi bar as we like the music they play but this year they had 'Tina Turner' on every night and we got sick of it, i thought it spoiled the place even though it was full ,and we only went twice.
I think parts of Icmeler seem to be getting very Benidormish, especially the dolmus road from Elvis bar down to the beach.

We found that the Miami restaurant in the old village had very good food and the atmosphere was lovely , we ate there quite a few times and Onbasi the owner seemed to be quite busy this year.
We also ate at the Champion and the Wembley restaurants and the meals were lovely, we didn't have a bad meal anywhere,

Our friend of 15 years, Erdogan, now runs the Babadan Hotel restaurant with his wife Phyllis and family and we spent a lot of time there, really enjoyable talking about old times.

I had my hair blow dried twice at Sebastions by Alex who did a good job, will definitely be returning next year.

We went into Marmaris a couple of times but were always glad to get back to Icmeler. We went to 'Talk of the Town' it was ok but we have been twice now and i think thats enough.

We were picked up at the apartments for our 7.15am flight on 17th Sept at 2am on 16th, never again do I want this time of flight as we were shattered.We arrived at Manchester at 10am after a good flight once again with Onur air.
Still we are already looking for our next trip to icmeler so I soon got over it , sorry for the long review :)
skilly

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews