12th-26th Memories Forever

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

12th-26th Memories Forever

Postby adewolves » 27 Aug 2010 19:18

Landed this morning at Birmingham Airport at 04.06 after 2 amazing weeks in Icmeler at the Alvaro, to say I felt like crying is an understatement. So here goes my first ever review of our holiday to Icmeler.

We had an on time flight from Brum to Dalaman and landed at 01.00 in the morning tired but lapping up the lovely 27C., bit wierd standing outside in a t shirt at that time of a morning sweating like a pig, but hey..it beat the rain we left behind.

The transfer to the Apartments took about 2 hours with the stops as we was the last drop, a comfort stop in between, for them smelly buggers who smoke...sorry I packed it up 14 weeks ago :D

When we finally got to our apartments the rep didn't no how to get to reception so we could check in, this was 04.30 in the morning, to me it was just a right laugh, lifes to short to worry about little things like that. All of a sudden a young girl entered the reception area so the rep followed, and we eventually checked in.

After a couple of hours kip in the apartment we got our cozzies on and ventured down to the bar area to meet the staff...the people I saw there that day up until the last day will stick in my memory for the rest of my life. To me the Alvaro felt like a family renunion, of a family I'd never met but would like to meet year after year...truly magical.

The last time we went to Icmeler we ate at the same place to many times so this time we decided to venture to different ones each night. So heres what I thougt of the places I went to.

The Waterfall- The first place we ate in and to be honest we was knackered so it was a rush job, I asked for a Madras and being a curry lover it was totally awfull. It was basically a chicken curry bag style with raw chillis to make it hot, they even introduced me to the Indian chef, I think they pulled him off the dolmus.

Turkish Delight- Penne Arabitta Lovely and hot

Titanic- Peppered Chicken Yummy

Majestic- Mexican Chicken lovely also had this at Friends both great

Geordie Bar- Sirloin steak. There was good offers here, and we went in and sat down and we waited a good 5 minutes..not to be served but to be recognised. Eventually we were told there was a staff shortage and we had a nice sirloin but the rice was cold and the chicken burger was uncooked...it shut down about 3 days before we left, don't know why though, as they seemed sincere.

Florida - Lovely Balti, and great service

Aysima- Great scottish brekky...Bacon, eggs, toms, square sausage tattie scons, mushrooms and toast

Chef- I had a Sunday dinner here, it was ok nothing special but no complaints about it...but the service was awful, we felt like we was there forever. I think we spent nearly 3 hours in there and we didn't have starters just a main meal after the mezes. There was only 1 apple pie left for the 2 of us who had the sunday dinner, so we declined the sweet as we just wanted to go.

Broadway- I said before we went this year I would eat my last meal in Icmeler at the restraunt that was the best meal I had up until the last day before we left...thanks Broadway you won it hands down with yourr Mexican Steak, a dish to die for.

Blue Fox- Just up from the Florida on the same side. We had our kids picking the restraunts on a nightly basis (to a certain extent) and one night my youngest picked the Blue Fox, she picked very well. Apparently its their first season. Well if thats the case it won't be there last, lovely food and the best service we recieved in any restraunt over there and they do a very nice breky.

Money- Me the Missus and 2 girls aged 12 and 14 1800 quid over 2 weeks no scrimping and eating out every night, snacks and drinks and god knows how many ice creams in the apartment bar, we didnt do trips.

Shopping- I found the bartering more friendly to be honest, although some won't bother now they have a SET or FINAL price, which is fair enough as it's still value most times. My daughter still loves the underground market though as she can haggle till the cows come home. Quality is there in abundance if you look and are prepared to stick your neck on the line.

Hassle- This is our second time and the comparisons are amazing. In 2008 the hassle was mad in my eyes but didn't bother me as it was an experience as I'd never been there, plus I'm not exactly a small bloke so I wasn't going to get pushed around. This time it was totally different bar a few places. The worst offender in my opinion was the Private Bar. If I could have given that guy a smack in the mouth and gotten away with it I would have done it in my sleep, night after night the little git harrassed us and followed us a good 50 yards up from his place offering this and that, we never ate there and as long as the shat behaves like that we never will.

Weather- Woke up on Thursday and it was cloudy ..I looked in my insurance policy to see if I could claim anything back as this was Icmeler and clouds aint permitted in August. Panic over 2 hours later I was roasting my head again. Fantastic weather extremely hot, the way I like it.

Icmeler- Frightingly perfect, extremely breathtaking a rainbow with something at the end.

We had a truly fantastic holiday, things will stick with me forever, thanks Grimmy for ya help, and your wife, both members here.

Good Night and God Bless
adewolves

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews