Icmeler 2010

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler 2010

Postby efes shareholder » 21 Aug 2010 20:46

travelled with onur air and despite sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours whilst a mechanical fault was fixed the flight was pretty non eventful and we quickly passed through visa and passport control to begin our two weeks.

we settled in to our apartments by 8-30am and having travelled all night it was an all english breakfast and efes at our NON ICR apartments which were booked direct with the owners

Icmeler still had all its charms which we have grown to love over the past 7 years , it was quite sad to see more businesses that hadn't opened this year - we particulary missed Mehmet and his Moonlight resturant , we have spent our first night in the moonlight religiously since 2005 and were disapointed to find our tried and trusted not open this year , our settling in night was therefore spent with our apartments and their turkish night.
We spent more time at the beach this year annd did the great mable , ringo's and jet skis and purchased the CD of pics from the brothers - we did get some great shots but also the disc supplied had a high level of corrupt pics , we discovered this whilst still away but the guys did not want to give us any refund on the cost of the disc which was high at 30YTL. We used the Yakamoz beach beds and had great service from ibrahim.

Resturants we used this year

Lemon Tree - We love this place and the guys and it was great to see Ridvan as head waiter this year . he looked after us very well on my daughters 18th birthday , presenting a fantastic chocolate cake with fireworks etc and an evening of bar dancing , during which my friends sons did a well rehearsed and great version of sweet dreams by beyonce for the birthday girl.

Amigos paradise - have eaten here every trip over the years , the service was slightly slower than normal and the portions seem to have shrunk but the food was good and the bill was one of the most reasonable during our stay.

Taj Mahal - First attempt of a curry in Icmeler , set menu was good value with wine however all food looked the same it didnt seem to matter what you ordered - service was quick

Broadway - Excellent and glad to seee ugur doing so well - menu here very similar to the old noels bar as has same chef but food was great and a little bit different from other places , ate here twice , chicken romana and american steak diane , both lovely

Bamboo - Ate here twice , first time absolutely great , generous with the oven bread and dips and good service - we spent many of our drinking time in here and devolped our own little dancing area ha ha - have known leon for many years and he is a great host , ronaldo here is also a charachter.
We did have a bad experience on our last night when the drinks took ages to appear , drinks were missing , the food took over two hours to turn up and finally we were overcharged on what was quoted for a fishbowl - leon was very apologetic and got me and my partner a drink whilst he sat and chatted with us whilst we divulged the situation however orhan was not and was very rude to my friend whilst they were trying to rectify the confusion over the bill , this was finally done and i suggested to my friend that he leave and we catch him up once we settled our bill as he was het up - this he did only for orhan to follow him up the canal , telling him that if he would be killed , that his money did not matter to him and was rubbish money - very rude considering we had spent most of our time there and not needed as the situation had become diffused before he followed him but I will think with my feet and any bar with orhan in will not get my money next year , a big shame as leon has become a good friend of ours over the years , leon was not happy to hear what had happened and dont know what he said but orhan quickly vanished!

Wayside - my daughters boyfriend celebrated his 18th birthday here and i booked a table the day before , and was asked the name i wanted on the cake etc - our party of 19 arrived and had a lovely dinner , it is slightly more expensive than other resturants but you get what you pay for , however when the bill arrived we were charged 60ytl for the cake , we have celebrated birthdays every year since 2004 and never have we been charged before - the cake was suitable for a party of 12 and very nice but I was gobsmacked as at no time before the bill was there a mention the cake would be chargeable , hussien defended himself saying he had had to buy it from marmaris however i told him he should have said there was a charge and i agreed i would only pay what it had cost him but considering he had had a large table in i thought this was slightly greedy on his part!

linekers - Beach location , not really geared up for food but was ok , went as the kids wanted to use the trampolines and mini golf

we also ate in a little kebab place opp three bells just up from captain bullshits , nice cheap meal and very friendly staff , complimentary apple tea etc for our very small bill

visited the market and was pleased to see some new styles lol , have learnt what to buy over the years and bought cotton boxers ( not 20 pairs for a tenner) but the bjorn bjorg and nicely finished armani ones , 925 silver , the slightly better style polos , can get 2 for 15 and the large beach towels and jumpers , did find that the stall holders tried to take the mick with their starting price but if you hold your price you will get if your being reasonable.
short sleeved smart shirts , which i bought for hubbies and also my nephews for christmas!!

did two trips , buggy safari and all inclusive boat trip which we kept just to ourselves , this was not ICR so if you want details inbox me - the food and service on this trip far superior to any other i have done , small surcharge to keep it exclusive to 19 but certianly not paid for as the whole boat and the crew were fantastic even presenting a cake for my daughters 18th birthday. we travelled the aegean sea and had a very relaxing day including fishing over the side.
efes shareholder

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews