2nd Aug - 14th Aug

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

2nd Aug - 14th Aug

Postby reesy1959 » 17 Aug 2010 20:20

Flight left Cardiff on time and we arrived a little ahead of schedule at Dalaman. Smooth flight and a hasty exit out of Dalaman Airport as we had no suitcases (we left our clothes there in June) and we didnt have to queue for a visa either.

We were met by friends and we headed straight to Sarigerme Beach - wow, its beautiful. Lovely white, proper sand. We parked up in the car park and paid 1 lira for the car park, then there is a free tractor/train to take you down to the beach. We enjoyed a picnic of ice cold efes, soft drinks, sandwiches, salad and fruit which our friends brought along. Spent a couple of hours on the beach, before heading to Icmeler. We stayed at Ozlem 1 Apartments (non icr).

The weather was really hot, high 40's low 50's on most days, and our days were spent laying around the swimming pool and having to keep dipping in.

Ate at Bonjour, Titanic, Three Bells, De Ja Vu and a couple of others, but I cant remember the name. We didnt have a bad meal. Nicest lunch was at Bonjour, we had the hot roast beef sandwich, gorgeous.

Had a run out to Asparan (sp) one afternoon for a lunch and a couple of beers. This was the first time we had been there, and it was lovely. Reminded me a little of Cinar. Would love to go again.

This holiday was really relaxing, compared to the hectic one in June with our Grandson.

All too soon it was time to return home. I had my usual tears when we were leaving on Friday evening, I just hate saying goodbye to everyone. Flight home was pretty turbulent and the seat belt lights were on for most of the journey home. We were kept well informed from the Captain though.

Soon we arrived home to wet Wales about 03:40am on Saturday morning, it was a pleasure to head straight out with no suitcases to wait for. We found it really cold after the Icmeler sunshine.

Roll on the next time, but it does get sadder and sadder each time to leave.
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews