DODGY DAVE AND FAMILY AT THE DILHAN 2010

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

DODGY DAVE AND FAMILY AT THE DILHAN 2010

Postby DODGY DAVE » 11 Aug 2010 19:15

Well been back a week now and just getting over the holiday blues so here goes with the review.

After a 2 hour delay at Leeds Bradford due to an operations issue ( no crew i guess ) we arrived at Dalaman and was quickly on our I C R transfer getting us to the Dilhan at about 4.30 am . No sign of the legend that is OZ ,must have had an early night hehe . However Jay Jay was on hand and after sorting our three rooms out he duly obliged by sorting out the first bottles of Efes delivered to the room at 5 am , didnt go to bed just sat on the balcony and watched the sun rise over Icmeler , amazing .

The Dilhan has not changed at all since last year and neither had the guests , we could not believe the faces that were there or turned up over the next few days whom we had met the year or two before . As well as the man OZ and his good lady Pam ,helloooo to you , must say hello to Steve , Anne , John , Linda , Janey ,Anthony , and Anna , also Oz's mum , sister and family who were really nice .Also met Juju and Tony off of the forum hellooo to you both.
We had some great fun with the Oz masks that I had made ( pics to follow ) and with Steves "old fashioned lung tester " . It was just so much fun .

The weather was bearable the first week but after a short thunder storm half way through the holiday , it got hotter and hotter by the day, the sunday and monday before we came home it was 55 in the shade ... scorchio .

We ate out at Amigos , Buffalo , Efes Inn , Masala , Kingsland , Ozzys ( old village with quiz night ) , Timeless ( with quiz night ) , Lal , Captain Sinbads , and the wonderful Cafe Annes ( cheesecake , choc cake and apple pie to die for ) and 100% no hassle. LAL restaurant was lovely and spacious and the food was really nice with big portions . Captain Sinbads was as good as ever with steaks and the pre-ordered leg of lamb for three cooked to perfection and fresh baklava for desert .The owner Sidik even picked us all up and dropped us off on both our visits what a good man he is .The cheapest night out was at Buffalo with a pint of Efes at just 2 lira and a bit of karaoke later it was a good night . We did Captain Bullshits boat trip twice , it was just so good and entertaining it had to be done and at £12 inc full english in the restaurant before you set off it was great value for money .My daughters did the horse safari and Ben did the buggy safari twice ruining his shorts and shirt , looked like he had been in the mud baths . The girls got fake Ugg boots , G Star Raw jeans and Abercrombie hoodies all v good quality .
I wore my Icmeler fashion shorts from primark but didnt see any more out there .
Then it was time to go home and after a few tears eh Steve ? The I C R bus came and we were on our way home straight through the airport and boarded within the hour , set off early and after a pretty bumpy flight arrived at Leeds Bradford 30 mins early .

Well thats it for anther year , cant wait to do it all again , this was one to remember .

Dodgy and family .
DODGY DAVE

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews