two weeks at the Dilhan!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

two weeks at the Dilhan!

Postby juju » 07 Aug 2010 13:39

Flew out from Bournemouth on 22 July with onur air.Flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours but straight forward after that and arrived at Dalaman,left the airport and met our ICR transfer.Highly recommended,straight through and at the Dilhan in about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Lovely to see Oz again and JJ though we weren't very impressed with the manager.Got ou aircon and safety deposit box for 120 TL,we had to pay the next day as the manager wouldn't take sterling....we wondered if Icmeler had decided not to take sterling but of course everywhere else did and Oz did whenever we paid our bar bill!
Ate at Vinces,B&S,Jimmy's Okimo,Yakamoz,Bistro-Med at Mersoy,the Garden,Richards Place.All very good Bistro-Med excellent value and presentation and very good food and service.We ate at Jimmy's several times and love the food there and the vodka can be tasted in the Coke!Most places I wouldn't have known there was vodka in!While we were in Jimmy's I left my 3 white gold rings to be cleaned at Star gold smith just up from Jimm'ys.When I collected them after our meal there was no charge and they looked beautiful!I said I would mention them on here....
Only two disappointing experiences,both lunch times,one at Mr Cooks,very keen to get us in but once in it was difficult to get any service and the sandwiches we ordered weren't very good.We did hear that the staff had walked out the previous week because they hadn't been paid,that would explain it if it was true.The other was Prince where we went in for lunch and sat down and waited and waited and got up and walked out!There are only 2 of us and we are a couple in our 50's and maybe they thought the larger groups and young girls were a better bet!
First day we went on Coco beach with Messi but after that we went to Yakamoz every day,a bit nearer and don't think Ibrahim can be beaten for his constant cheerfulness and entertainment,not to mention service.

Visited Zaza at Havanna several times and met Sue Prior in there.Also had quite a few pints efes at Sugars for 2TL.Bought several bags next door to Vinces.Tony had shave and haircut four times at Karizma with Murat,very good!Met Dodgy Dave and family staying at Dilhan.
hi to you!But didnt see anyone else.Zaza didn't know where the wednesday meetings were held and we didn't find them there or the Tandoori Sizzler.Did boat trip from opposite Erdem recommended in a review on here.Very good!PIcked up by Icr for transfer and flight home.No problems and arrived 30 mins early.Ah well roll on next year!Julie :)
juju

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews