June 26th-July 10th

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

June 26th-July 10th

Postby miss_kimmie » 14 Jul 2010 12:22

Ok guys I’m gonna try and keep this so as I don’t ramble...apologies now if I do :D

Plane left Birmingham half an hour late...not too bad of a start! No in-flight entertainment but you get what you pay for! Couldn’t tell you what time we arrived in Dalaman as I was too excited to get to Icmeler...even forgot about getting visa before passport control :oops: oh well we managed in the end :D
Suitcases came straight through and so we toddled off to find our transfer (not ICR)
Not a bad journey to Icmeler, only took 1 hour 10 mins - we didn’t want the stop.

Varol hotel – on the main street so everything is in easy reach, basic but clean, fridge in all the rooms, good size pool for number of rooms, plenty of sunbeds and that pool is a suntrap in the afternoon. Towels and bed linen changed every 2 days. Didn’t need the aircon as it wasn’t uncomfortable at night and we weren’t there in the day but it was £35 for the 2 weeks I think. Wouldn’t hesitate to go back again.

We ate out every night had some great meals in Cupids, (dream) 3 bells, Kingsland, Titanic and Aysima. The Sunday lunch in Florida is a must, the Yorkshire pud is to die for. Will not be going back to the Mandolin again after we waited over an hour for our food and then 40 mins for the bill which we asked for 3 times, food wasn’t that great either. Prince was also a disappointment, been going for years and never had a bad meal before but this time we were both ill after eating there.

Went to Joe’s every night which looks fab after its makeover, even has his own toilets now so no sneaking past Mr grumpy from Altinorfe :) great bunch of guys working there, some from last year, few new faces and some old staff from 2007 as well which was a lovely surprise. Gotta try the watermelon fishbowls they are gorgeous!!
Scotia wasn’t the busiest but reckon that’s cos it’s tucked away a bit? Picked up as the 2 weeks went on. The guys will make your night especially Ilyas and Andy who are a right pair!!
Hobnob is worth a visit, lovely English girl working there called Sam who cannot do enough for you. Music stays on later than most places as well now it has been soundproofed 8) like most places bogof cocktails only 12 lira.
Also drank in No name, (dream)3 bells, Bamboo and Bamboo sports and the Irish bar which are all worth a visit.

All too soon we were being picked up to be taken back to Dalaman...and the journey was horrific! We thought we were going to die, the driver was driving on the wrong side of the road whilst going up the mountains, overtaking where he couldn’t see and driving at 120kph when the limit is 50. Pulled up at a roadside cafe and told we would be changing cars and driver - fair enough we thought it would only take 2 mins but no, the new driver has to go eat! We left for Dalaman half an hour later and arrived 10 mins before check-in closed. To say we were unimpressed would be an understatement. Again the transfer was not ICR.

Think that’s about it. Now to find a holiday for September :D
miss_kimmie

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews