Home Again Unfortunately - Long Post Sorry!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Home Again Unfortunately - Long Post Sorry!

Postby jejo » 10 Jul 2010 21:27

Just back last night from two weeks in Icmeler. We left on the 25th of June from Edinburgh Airport and spent the worst flight of my life. We flew Onur Air (have before and no problems) and the air conditioning was either broken or not on. The plane just kept getting hotter and hotter, I thought we were going to implode with the heat. Several people were complaining to the air hostess, but the situation didn't change. To top it up, there was no space between the seats as it was, but the woman infront of me put her seat back and landed in my lap. I'm not kidding, I was reading the paper and the next thing I knew the paper was in my face and the back of the seat was just inches from my face! I think reclining seats on these types of aircraft shouldn't be allowed. Anyway gripe over and in 4 hours 25 minutes we landed. Within half an hour we passed through the airport, collected our luggage and was boarding our ICR transfer coach. An hour and a half later we were at our apartments in Icmeler, Angel Inn. Lovely apartments, only gripe was rock hard beds! There was 5 adults in two apartments and friends (3 adults in 1 apartment) we had met 2 years ago arrived the next day. We spent our first day wandering around looking for changes since we had last visited in 2008 and looking for friends we had made over the years. The prices in the resort have increased slightly, but I don't think it was too much. We took £1500 (between 2 adults) and didn't scrimp. My son spent £600 and went to Eastenders every night and had a few fishbowls, my daughter and her partner spent £900. We ate breakfast every day, bought bread, cold meat, cheese and salad to make lunch, sometimes ate lunch out, had a 2 course meal every day with drinks, went on a boat trip, spent £200 on gifts and came home with £200. For most of the first week when we ate out, myself, hubby and friends (husband & wife) would just split the food/drinks bill in half to treat our adult kids. I took a note of where we ate each night and how much if anyone's interested.

Robin Hoods - 5 main meals, 2 cola's and 6 effes, total 101 lira.

Captain Bull***** - 4 starters, 8 main meals, 6 cola's, 10 effes and 9 vodkas (turkish vodka) total 277 lira.

Friends - 2 starters, 5 meals, 2 cola's, 6 effes, 1 vodka, total 156 lira.

Venice - 2 starters, 7 meals, 1 water, 2 cola's, 6 effes, 9 vodkas, total 260 lira.

Kingsland - 4 set meals @ 20 lira each, 3 meals, 2 water, 4 cola's, 1 beer, 2 vodka's, total 189 lira.
Husband's chicken curry was cold and he complained. They did offer to make another, but he said not to bother as he was put off. No appology, staff were not pleased with getting a complaint, would not return again. The other meals were tasteless.

Ozzy's - 4 starters, 8 meals, 1 water, 3 cola's, 4 effes, 4 vodkas, total 196 lira.

Sylvia's Restaurant - 2 starters, 2 main, 1 sweet, 3 effes, 2 cola's, total 82 lira.

Melissa's - 4 starters, 8 main, 5 cola's, 3 water, 3 cider, total 204 lira.

3/4 Bells - 3 starters, 6 main, 4 cola's, 4 effes, 1 vodka, total 194 lira.

Sylvia's Restaurant - 3 starters, 2 main, 2 cola's, 1 water, total 69 lira.

Harry's - 1 starter, 3 set meals, 4 main, 3 vodka's, 7 effes, 1 cider, 3 cola's, total 194 lira.
Worst meal I've every had in 8 years in Icmeler. The chicken curry was a slab of chicken with a curry sauce poured on top? the steak was tiny and tasteless and my chicken was uncooked in the middle, red, pink and bloody. Complained about my chicken and no appology, offered a free sweet. Took cheesecake and it was hot on the outside and frozen in the middle (defrosted in microwave). No reduction in bill!

Captain Bull***** - 2 starters, 7 main, 2 water, 3 cola's, 3 effes, 2 cider, total 171 lira.

Friends - 3 starters, 4 main, 4 vodka's, 2 cola's, 1 effes, total 171 lira.

Starters were typically soup, garlic mushrooms and garlic bread.
Main meals were chicken, steaks, pasta, pizza. Apart from the two mentioned, all the other meals were of a high standard and lovely. Steaks were from 20 lira to 28 lira.

English breakfasts were 7 lira in apartments and surrounding restaurants, 5 lira for toast, 4 lira for freah orange/pineapple juice. Scottish breakfast at Sylvia's for 7 lira with square sausage and black pudding. Saw english breakfasts from 3 lira nearer the centre. Effes were 4 - 5 lira where we drank. The exchange rate was between 2.30 - 2.33 to the £ (25th June - 9th July). The best breakfast I had was Sahin Palace in the Old Village, the eggs were cooked with no raw egg white - 7 lira. After our evening meal, we usually went for a walk and then had a few drinks, before returning to our apartments, usually between 12.30 and 3.00am. Kids went to Hobnobs then Eastenders. On one of the last nights, the kids were ripped off in Hobnobs as they asked for a fishbowl for 4. When the bill came they were charged for one for 8 and it came to 100 lira. They staff wouldn't budge and their bill came to 256 lira - definately overcharged and wiped the kids money out.

The kids went into Marmaris twice and enjoyed their nights out there, but did say they got hassled alot. They went to the Ibrox bar and seemingly had a ball. There was a sing off with the Anfield bar and the Man U bar and there was alot of banter and friendly abuse, as it should be and not taken seriously. All too soon it was time to come home again and we got picked up at 12pm yesterday. The flight home was alot better, air con working and a more comfortable flight home. I'm not even going to mention Dalaman Airport rip off's grrrrr! Phew I'm out of breath writing this and trying to remember everything. Now the washing !
jejo

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews