Reesy's Holiday, June 18th - July 3rd

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Reesy's Holiday, June 18th - July 3rd

Postby reesy1959 » 04 Jul 2010 20:54

A brilliant holiday once again to Icmeler.

Our flight left on time from Cardiff at 6pm and we arrived about 20 minutes early to Dalaman. We had booked a private transfer and the guy was waiting with our names on the board just over the bridge. We made it to Icmeler in just over 1 hour 20 minutes. We arrived at our apartments, Ozlem 1 (non ICR) to be greeted by the staff and owners who we got to know on our last 2 visits last year.

We had a night in the Buffalo Bar on Saturday night, where we met Dotty and Greg, also Jan and Den (Janden) popped along, so we had a good night listening to the karaoke singers and enjoying each other’s company once again. Thanks to Dotty for the delicious tablet, it was awesome. Buffalo bar might be cheap, but I can’t say I was impressed with the vodka, which was buy one get one free, I think they must have thrown the vodka over their shoulders. I then went onto cocktails, which were gross, it was like sour milk, but thanks to Den, he rescued me and drank one of them. Apart from this it was a great night.

We arranged to meet Dotty and Greg again on Monday afternoon at Zaza's where we were going to have our game of crazy golf. The drinks were flowing freely and needless to say we had a few more and we all decided to give the crazy golf a miss. On our way back home in the early evening we bumped into John who was in the Tandoori Sizzler, probably sampling those curries again :lol:

Tuesday was a lazy day just walking around and catching up with old friends, very relaxing.

Arranged to go to see Dotty again on Wednesday afternoon as Greg promised our friend Ahmet some chocolate, but as we were having a drink the heavens opened and the thunder and lightning started. We had to stay a bit longer than planned and ended up getting a taxi back to the apartments around 5pm.

We had planned to go to the ICR meet-up that evening, but due to the weather we decided to give it a miss.

All too soon our first week was nearly over, but we had our Grandson and Daughter arriving in the early hours of the Saturday morning, so we were looking forward to showing them around Icmeler and meeting everyone we have got to know over the years. It was also lovely for them to meet our Turkish friend who stayed an extra day to meet them.

We went on a few trips with Tina and Brendon. We did the jeep safari, Aqua Dream water park in Marmaris and also the All inclusive boat trip. The owners of our apartments also hired a mini-bus to take us all out for the day and we visited Cinar, and a few other places, but I can’t remember the names of them, but it was great to see some different parts of the area.

We were impressed with the changes around Icmeler and think they are all for the best. The exchange rate was approximately 2.35 during the whole two weeks we were there. The weather was fantastic apart from the couple of hours of rain, thunder and lightning on the first Wednesday, then one day on the second week it rained again for about half an hour. Can’t complain though, it was otherwise really hot and we all managed to get some good sun-tans.

All too soon the fortnight was up and it was time to come home. All the staff/owners and most of the guests came to bid us farewell when our transfer arrived, it took about ten minutes to get into the car amongst all the kisses, cuddles and lots of tears.

The transfer made good time to Dalaman and we had a pleasant flight home.

Looking forward to returning to Icmeler again in October, but we are looking for a late flight deal to go in August for a week for my Birthday. Really sad to be home. Thank you again Icmeler for a wonderful holiday.
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews