my review 10th - 24th June

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

my review 10th - 24th June

Postby MARKCAV » 03 Jul 2010 11:15

Back just over a week now so time i posted my review :-

Arrived Manchester Airport 1700 for our 2025 flight. Checked in straight away no queue and off for a bite and a beer before we boarded. All went well until we boarded and to my horror we were seperated on the plane. I accept we didnt pay to be seated together but checking in circa 3 hrs 30 mins before take off should mean we stand half a chance but thats being dealt with now. Flight was fine overall and before we knew it we were arriving in Dalaman. I must point out as has been done before the cost of drinks at Dalaman airport a small water and a small coke was £7 but we were parched so had no choice. Either get your drinks on the plane or buy you 2 waters for £1 on your transfer bus Transfer was fine absolutely no complaints.

We arrived at 0630 and checked in and noticed little or no changes and as we were staying at Devamli expected to see more. We unpacked and had an hours sleep then went saying our hellos to the friends we have made over the years. Overall we didnt notice too many changes and Icmeler was its usual self. We noticed on our arrival it was cooler than normal and cloudier than normal. This wasnt going to spoil our holiday!!!

We had a few beers the first night at Richards Place and we did think ourselves it appeared pretty quiet. The clouds descended and down came the rain on our first day/night there. It was soon over and done with and normal service resumed bright skys and nice high temperatures.

As for eating out over the 14 days we ate out 5 nights properly and opted for snack type meals the rest of our stay. We really enjoyed Golden Moon as we always do and i personally really enjoyed Cupids where i had a fab curry. We also ate at Loveboat(well below aveage Steak for the wife, disappointing in fact but as i had pasta cant go wrong with that), Florida and Venice both of which were very good as well. We went to Sabris BBQ one Wednesday and had a great night - highly recommended. I must also recommend Florida for your English breakfast and both Billy and Jack who are great hosts. We did snack at Nefis Pide which was super value for money and great portions, if you dont want to overface yourself and wanted the rest for later they gave you a box to take the rest home. The prices of food have increased somewhat on last year - not a complaint merely and observation(i will touch on this later).

We went to the old village 3 or 4 days and to the new dogs home in Icmeler twice. We took 4 hours finding the dogs home first time so was closed when we got there and when we went the second time a lovely Turkish lady explained the English lady wasnt there and we would need to come back. Unfortunately we didnt get chance but will be back in September. We visited Errol at the dog home in Marmaris as we always do. We did a boat trip from Hisaronu to 4 or five islands which was cool and very cheap. We also went to Turunc which is a lovely little place if you have never been. We arent the type that can sit round the pool all day and always go for a wander mid afternoon - the locals think we are mad but we always take plenty of water and stop for drinks regularly.

Value for money - Im afraid this year we didnt get this. Normally we can spend £100 a day and be comfortable. If i had to put a figure on it i would say in 2 weeks just me and the wife spent 2k. We didnt eat out regular or drink excessively see aboveand neither of us smoke. Something has changed and it will drive people to AI or Self Catering im afraid.

We were collected 2300 24/06 from Devamli for our return home. Partway through the transfer the rep got off the bus and left all the holidaymakers to their own devices for the last 90 mins of the transfer. I am sure this is wrong to the point where i have raised it with the applicable holiday company. The transfer was ok as would be expected and the flight home was fine also.

Icmeler has lost none of its charm only gained and i still love the place. Roll on September when im back. Looking forward to it already.
MARKCAV

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews