first time to icmeler june 12th - june 26th

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

first time to icmeler june 12th - june 26th

Postby tannedjulie » 29 Jun 2010 20:50

Travelled to manchester for 11.45 am flight and arrived at parking in good time after got lost for 10 minutes. WE found the line for our flights for kthy flights and quickly got to front where the API was taken which i had worried about, we then went through security quickly went to burger king for breakfast wasnt sure what meal would be like on board flight. Soon we boarded staff seemed friendly enough and we arrived in dalaman early and only 10 of us got off the plain the rest were going to cyprus. We were first in line for visa then passport and luggage was their straight away went out of airport and driver was waiting to take us to icmeler.
Our transfer took about 90 minutes and was ok bit warm though and soon we were pulling up to the moonlight apartments.
The staff were very helpful showing us our room and helping with our luggage we then went to the bar for a drink and was aked for our names and were told the staff names all seemed friendly enough.
The first day we spent looking around and walked to the beach which looked a bit stoney kids wernt that bothered said they prefered the beach. Now we were planning on doing a boat trip and the first week it was red hot temps saying 50 degrees kids found it hard just walking 100 yards in the heat so decided to stay around the pool thought if it got cooler we would do something but then my son got a ear infection.
We ate breakfast out most morning twice at wembley and mostly at ozzies who was very friendly also had a couple of meals at night their which was nice.
Loved the waterfall friends, titanic was ok and so was turkish delight the only place didnt like was coco beach meal wasnt that good and a cat wouldnt leave us alone and got promised free cake which we never got.
We did the turkish night at our apartments which was really good fun and bingo which i won 100 lira.
Did get a bit fed up off hassle was told before we went they wernt allowed but we got it loads, and we also found haggling to get prices down was hard was told by other people the turkish wernt having it this year but still got some good stuff at the wednesday market.
One thing i loved about turkey is they way they treat women pushing a chair in pouring your drinks even giving you the last drop and a couple of times kissing my hand and always shook my husband hand, they also love the kids and my youngest sometimes got a free meal and icecream.
The weather was different to what i expected red hot first week people complaining it was too hot wouldnt come in june again then the second cooled down with clouds rain and thunderstorm and people saying it was cooler for june than they expected.
Two weeks came and went then time to go home we were shown to the taxi by the staff hugging us and saying bye arrived about 6am and dalaman to find our flight had been cancelled as airline were having financiel problems, so no flight with 3 tired kids, luckely 2 turkish airport workers got us a flight with a cost off 500 pound lucky we had a credit card on us only downfall was to go to gatwick but a long as we were getting to england didnt care, once landed we tried flights to manchester was to dear buses to long to wait around tried car hire 6 differnt firms no go, had no money their was taxi firm in airport who would takea debit card all i wanted to do was get to manchester all tired by now it was 12.30 pm cost us another 500, got to manchester at 4.30 to get car wher kids slept all the way, arrived home about 7pm thankfully we had got their.
Next morning rang insurance wont pay out as never took out airlinr failure but might be able to claim off credit card for flights, but lost out on taki fare.
Would i go back to icmeler yes asnt put me off but also would still go back to mallorca for the beaches and quick travel time.
tannedjulie

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews