Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.
Post a reply

Old photos of Icmeler/Marmaris

17 Mar 2007 00:40

17 Mar 2007 00:44

I found these great photo's on a site and the owner let me have them so i thought i'd share them.
I hope you enjoy them as much as i did. :D :D :D

17 Mar 2007 00:48

thanks for posting these pictures, they really are a blast from the past. very interesting :)

17 Mar 2007 01:09

Debbie, do you know how old they are. They are a great 'find'

17 Mar 2007 01:10

sorry im not to sure how old they are but i will try and find out for you asap

17 Mar 2007 01:30

thanks for posting these debbie.a simpler way of life from a different time .i love the working gullets and steamship,and also the rural landscape.

17 Mar 2007 16:00

great photos,same mountains,islands,hills,just a few years on,often wonder what the local people make of all this,personaly i think icmeler has improved year by year,(14 years this year) we only see it with our holiday heads on, my only worry is if they start to build on the hills surrounding icmeler, (wont happen will it ),once again fantastic photos.

17 Mar 2007 16:24

What happened to all the houses in the bottom ones?Did they just bulldoze them?

It looks like Icmeler used to be a housing town for the locals? Where did they all move to?

17 Mar 2007 17:40

having seen that photo before,the same thing crossed my mind,must have been quite a few people to fill that many houses,now we know there are local people still there,but most of the jobs are filled by outside labor if you like,it seems like those houses must have been just knocked down to make way for the hotels,it would be interesting to know just how long ago this happened,if that young fellow in the photo was still around he could explain it all?.

17 Mar 2007 17:44

One of the members of the site which i took these from seem to think these were taken by Greek Army during 1st World War.
Sorry can't confirm it though.

17 Mar 2007 19:52

oooh how interesting I wonder if Rami can find us any info out or maybe point us in right direction to find more info out.

They are a great find Debbie :D well done :D

17 Mar 2007 20:14

Wow

Thanks so much for posting those they're incredible, the landscape leaves you in no doubt of where you're looking at.
The housing in the last few pics look quite modern

BTW where are the captain Silver Apartments, :wink:

17 Mar 2007 20:17

I am still so shocked to see them, you would never of guessed that its now a tourist area now.
Its just a shame i have not got a lot of information to go with it.

17 Mar 2007 23:46

Fabulous pictures Debbie

What a find! :D

Thanks for sharing.

Tania

18 Mar 2007 00:25

If anyone does want this web site PM me and i will gladly give it out, if thats ok with icmeler online to do it like that????

18 Mar 2007 13:31

Yes Debbie thats fine :D

19 Mar 2007 12:20

Hi Debbie, can you please PM me the website, I'd be really interested to see more. Thanks
Post a reply