A few from August (hope you can see them)

Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderator: blondie

A few from August (hope you can see them)

Postby cheriton » 03 Oct 2012 19:26

cheriton

Advertisement

Re: A few from August (hope you can see them)

Postby cheriton » 03 Oct 2012 19:50

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...can't seem to get them posted properly even though they were sized correctly.
cheriton

Postby dragon » 06 Oct 2012 21:01

The apartments in the 21st photo look lovely, which apartments are they?
dragon

Postby cheriton » 08 Oct 2012 17:48

Dragon......They're a new complex of private apartments for sale near the old village.
cheriton

Postby dragon » 09 Oct 2012 15:40

Hi Cheriton.
Do you remember the name? Even though we aren't lucky enough to be able to buy a private apartment, for a few years we have rented them. Because I use a wheelchair I thought that these looked ideal as the ramp in the photo has a very low gradient, which is a rarity in Icmeler. Most places have an impossible ramp and also a number of steps. Just thought I'd make a note of the name for the future as someone might rent one out eventually.
dragon

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 09 Oct 2012 16:22

Hi Dragon
The Murat Apart Hotel is in the Old Village, across from Robin Hood, are relatively new and have ramped access which did not look steep to me. They are one bedroom and very nice and as far as I was told they are only bookable via the owner. I have the details if you want to send me a message I will respond.
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby dragon » 09 Oct 2012 22:31

Hi sunlover loch lomond
I had a look at the Murat apartments when we were there in July. On the way in I got stuck on the top of the ramp, couldn't go forward or back due to the steepness of the ramp and balanced on the top like Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat. Murat's father came to help us and said that he appreciated our comments on what was wrong with the ramp as I had been the first to use it. It was much too steep and had a steep drop downwards on the other side. They had to move all the tables and chairs in the cafe at the side for me to get in to have a look at the apartments and then had to move them again when we left. They said that they would rectify it by next year but it's too great a risk to book there in case it wasn't improved.The ramp leading down to reception was also too steep and whilst this is ok going down I wouldn't be able to get up the ramp by myself.
Many of the ramps in Icmeler are much too steep to use but it is definitely getting better. The best one this year was outside Firuze jewellers where I could go up and down the ramp independently, which felt like a luxury. There are so few apartments that are wheelchair friendly. I had all the info from Murat which I have kept as if the ramps are improved we may go there in the future as the pool area looks lovely.
dragon

Postby cheriton » 11 Oct 2012 17:22

Sorry dragon...I dont know the name of the place. :(
cheriton

• Advertisement

Return to Photo Gallery.