Photo competition 2012

Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Photo competition 2012

Postby blondie » 04 Dec 2012 20:11

I agree - no need for any of all that, and thanks to you all for organising the competition and cup!
blondie

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 04 Dec 2012 20:45

Thanks Paul and Rosie for organising our competition for the best Icmeler pic taken while on holiday.
I still have my cup that was won a couple of years ago and it does have pride of place on our display cabinet.
Its a bit of fun for all ICR members and will be sadly missed by the faithfull.

Sorry Rosie it does need a polish,I will do it first thing in the morning :lol:
redrhino12

Postby terry » 04 Dec 2012 21:32

Thanks Paul and Rosie for organizing our photo competition ,It is bit a of fun for all ICR members to enter, sharing there holiday memories , and i hope this will continue next year.

Paul i have looked at your site,
http://www.google.com/profiles/pdbartlett , brilliant photo,s. How about opening a topic on tips and advise, getting the best from our cameras.

All the best . terry
terry

Postby JT » 04 Dec 2012 23:07

I don't know what comments were made about the cup as it must have slipped past me but............

The cup is on open display on a shelf up behind Ramis desk in the Icmeler office and has been there since it was handed over for this years winner.

It will be there for the winner to pick up when she comes to Icmeler in 2013

Paul you do a good job with this and everyone I can see appreciates your effore as I cannot be doing all the organising all the time and its great in that respect for me so I hope you do carry on and Rosie still brings the cup to the office

People like yourself and of course not forgetting Gene who looks after the yearly visitors calendar make my life a lot easier and I would miss this

Carry on and it is all a bit of fun
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby dotty » 05 Dec 2012 08:25

pdbartlett wrote:Dotty: in case it wasn't clear you can pick the cup up from ICR whenever you're next around, provided this is still OK with JT.

More generally, if anyone else would like to run the competition next year then feel free as I'm afraid I have not enjoyed it this year. Aside from the obvious comments on this thread, which I do not want to dwell on, it's also not exactly nice seeing comments about the cup elsewhere. Whilst we freely admit it is nothing special (see initial post), Rosie does still have to take the time to go out and buy it and pack it safely to get it to Icmeler, so I think it's somewhat uncalled for to belittle her efforts in a public forum.

To end on a positive note, congratulations again to all who entered on the excellent photos this year, and I do hope that this will not be the last competition.

Regards,
Paul.

Thanks for that Paul, and yes I will be in resort in June to pick up my cup. I do appreciate the time, effort and cost you and Rosie put into making the competition a success and sincerely hope you continue with the competition next year.

If you are referring to the comment I made about the cup on the ICR Facebook page, then I apologise if you are offended. I made the comment 'tongue in cheek' - in no way was I making a derogatory remark - I was with Mary when she picked up her cup this year and very proud of it she was too, as I will be when I collect mine.
dotty

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery.