Turtle Beach

Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderator: blondie

Turtle Beach

Postby JT » 02 May 2012 11:42

Southampton_Girl wrote:Ah yes - just found it Daylan trip - Turtle Beach ------ :-) thank you

Has anyone been on this trip and is it worth going on? Do you see turtles?

Sorry, no Turtles. They lay their eggs there but do this at night.

Great trip though and take some sandles for the beach as the sand gets very!!! hot :oops:

Tim

JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: Turtle Beach

Postby pompey mick » 02 May 2012 12:56

a good day out .you can go to the mudbarths and to turtle beach
pompey mick

Postby jayjay1950 » 02 May 2012 15:44

What a lovely pic 8)
jayjay1950

Postby Cummo » 02 May 2012 18:12

We DID see Turtles although very small, not the Logerhead types that you see in Rhodes. In my opion i am glad that they are not seen in Turkey, as the ones that we saw in Rhodes were surrounded by boats and seemed very confused...we were both very distressed and ashamed at witnessing this awful spectacle. Much like the Dolphin topic! The trip to Dalyan is,however, beautiful. We got into canoes at the Rock Tombs and made our own way down the river to the sea. We paddled along the river and saw small turtles and snakes amongst the reeds. This is where it is said that the "African Queen" was filmed (although i doubt it) it certainly looks the same.

I think mabe you should read Terrapins in the places where i have posted Turtles

John & Zena
Cummo

Postby Bazza » 02 May 2012 21:15

We've done this trip twice and loved it both times.
The water at Turtle Beach is so warm to swim in, I've never swum in such warm water.
The mud baths are great fun and your skin definitely feels lovely and soft afterwards.

Its a really nice day out with some lovely scenery on the trip there and back.
Bazza

Postby Southampton_Girl » 03 May 2012 08:09

Oh wow wow wow - take me there now...!!

Looks beautiful :-)
Southampton_Girl

Advertisement

Postby Silverfox BC » 03 May 2012 13:44

We had a boat for a day when we stayed in Dalyon and went to Turtle Beach, we found it too hot with no shade but went to the bay at the back of the beach and had a lovely time in the water catching crabs which our "captain" then put on the BBQ after lunch,absolutely beautifull. We were told that the only time you saw the turtles was 5.00am but then we saw one swimming in the afternoon so its a case of whether you are lucky or not, but it is well worth a visit.
Silverfox BC

Postby JayPay » 04 May 2012 09:54

Hi
My hubby and I have also done it a few times and we are in our late 60s and not very agile. It is great fun in the mud baths, you just have to be a little careful getting in and out of the mud bath itself as it can be a bit slippy. It is a great experience and not to be missed - everyone has so much fun. You must prepare though by taking towels and a change of underwear or cossie as you do get the dark mud everywhere even when you have been in the showers.

Turtle Beach gets very hot so you must not take your shoes off walking on the sand! The journey down the river to the beach on the boat is a lovely experience and each time we have done it we have seen the local fishermen feeding the turtles from their boats. I think they encourage them by dangling small crabs over the side and the turtles come to their boat and your boat will go as near as possible so you can get a good look and some photos.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the trip - enjoy!

Jay
JayPay
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Photo Gallery.